Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #3,766 of 6,943
Quote:
Still a boring game with exactly the same tired bethesda gameplay mechanics that you see in elder scrolls and fallout3. But that's my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Well, it's a matter of perspective. For you it's tired gameplay mechanics - for other people it's tried and proven gameplay mechanics. And for that matter if you get bored by any game that isn't using original mechanics you probably enjoy a couple of games every 5 years coz for the past 10 years there haven't been that many original games in any genre - just updated graphics.

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #3,768 of 6,943
Quote:
Yep, you're right. I get bored of most games pretty quick. Last game I actually enjoyed through and through was Dark Souls.

It was boring - it had the same gameplay mechanics as Demon's Souls.
Nah, I'm just kidding I love both Demons' Souls and Dark Souls - I even have the limited editions of both the ps3 and the pc versions of Dark Souls but technically speaking if I follow your logic I should be bored by Dark Souls coz it has exactly the same gameplay mechanics as Demon's Souls 
size]

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3,770 of 6,943
Quote:
The difference being that Dark Souls is a much better game than New Vegas, Skyrim, or Fallout 3. But yeah.

Nah, that's debatable. While I'm not a big fan of Skyrim I have been a huge Elder Scrolls fan for years. And the new Fallout games were actually really great though.  I for one am the type of gamer who enjoys a vast range of games from any genre and rate them on their story, gameplay etc. but I'm not limiting myself to a certain type of games, so while I might have some affinity to some types of rpg games for instance, you'll never see me say - "Ah Darks Souls is awesome and Path of Exile is awesome but that Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 were boring and sucked" - they might have been uninspiring and disappointing but they did have they merits. It's like that with a lot of other games. Generally when I'm disappointed it's usually because of unmet high expectations or lacking story - I'll never complain about the gameplay of a game unless it's flawed, which is not the case for Fallout - this type of games are probably just not your cup of tea

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #3,771 of 6,943
Gameplay in Fallout games is extremely dull. Especially compared to Dark Souls. Character progression and difficulty are also sub-par. 

The only thing those games may have on DS is story, but even then it's basically just a bunch of repetitive questing and talking to NPCs.

Obviously anything I say is my opinion and personal preference. That is implied. However, I am definitely not alone in these sentiments. 

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3,772 of 6,943
Well, I don't think comparing Fallout to Dark Souls proves anything as they are very different games. And while I've been a huge Demon's-Dark Souls fan they both have their issues including gameplay ones. As far as difficulty Dark Souls was nothing special in comparison to Demon's Souls and with the later patches Dark Souls became even easier. That's just going in line with your argument about the tired gameplay coz 500+ hours on Demon's Souls make Dark Souls a bit stale. While I do like the gameplay for what it is and venturing into new areas fighting new bosses was engaging, the magic from the time when I was playing Demon's Souls definitely was missing 

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #3,774 of 6,943
Fallout 3? Hate that game! Spent over 500 hours in that miserable Wasteland and hated every minute of it! I was glad when it was all over.

Oh and I previously rated Half Life 2 a 9 (few hours in). Definitely a 10. Can't remember the last game where I forced myself to stay up until 5am just to see what happened next. I guess it's not so much that I liked the story or characters...

For me some levels/parts were stupid easy and others kind of difficult. I haven't really mastered the Xbox 360 controls for the rockets and it took me multiple times to destroy two of those gunships. Stupid antlions kept getting in my way and screwing me up! I would say I'm somewhat terrible in the areas with lots of turrets. I know how to get rid of them but always seem to take too much damage. BTW why can't we have more games where we can hack security cameras and turrets? Loved that about Bioshock 2 and never saw anything like that again.

Right now I'm on "Anticitizen One". The previous level was actually harder than I remember. The dune buggy level was 10x easier than the last time I played through it. Felt like it was over quickly. Some levels seem to be extremely long which is a huge plus...

Have to admit there is lots of stuff in here that seems to constantly annoy me..

Hopefully there will be a part 3 in 2014. Doubt it..

Aug 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #3,776 of 6,943
I enjoyed TR, would give it a 8.5 as well. Probably the best graphics I've seen so far

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #3,777 of 6,943
After finishing The Last of Us I have to say this was one of my favorites this generation. I definitely give this a 9.25!

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3,778 of 6,943
I'm not far enough into Blacklist to give it a meaningful review, but I'm enjoying it so much I had to come post about it.

I got it for free with my geforce graphics cards, but I honestly think I would pay full price for it....and I RARELY buy a game full price.
A lot of reviews have said that the gameplay is a healthy mix of old splinter cell (ie chaos theory) and Conviction, and I would have to agree.

There's a Mass Effect feel to it where your mission hub is on a plane that you can walk around on, upgrade, talk to your crew, and view a 'map' of different campaign missions, side missions, and online multiplayer options. I like it, and the fact that there are so many ways to complete each mission (ghost, panther, assault, co-op, etc.) and several levels of difficulty to try, means that there will be plenty of replay value to the game. 

I haven't given co-op a spin yet because I have no Ubisoft friends, and I wish they would have given me a Steam key instead, but oh well. 

So far, I highly recommend it if you enjoy splinter cell and/or stealth games in general. Also, the game is gorgeous. I'm on PC, maxed out at 1440p and it's just lovely. If you liked Tomb Raider, you're gonna love the way this game looks.

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #3,780 of 6,943
I only ever play Battlefield 3. I give it a 8/10. BFBC2 was probably a 9/10 for me. I would play it more but BF3 has driveable jets, choppers, etc., and it also allows for more unlocks and achievements. Since I moved in with my GF six months ago I've barely touched it though. I also probably won't be getting BF4. But I have played BF3 500 hours since it came out and BFBC2 500 hours before that, so yeah, I think I got my money's worth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back