Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #3,751 of 6,939
Quote:
Quote:
Bah...Counter Strike: Global Offensive's weapon/shopping system is so hard to get used to coming from Source.

• There aren't any silencers in this game, are there?
  • Do counter-terrorists always have a diffusing kit or something? I never buy it yet I always diffuse the bomb in 5 seconds
  • Does the Kevlar suit + helmet need to be bought? When I die and I don't buy anything, I always seem to have it.
  • Does the Kevlar suit and/or helmet even do anything?

^ 5% health and 100% armour? Me thinks armour and/or helmet is absolutely useless

If you're not playing competetive, I think everyone has a defuse kit but I'm not sure. I know Kevlar is supposed to help, as there are weapon damage stats that take that into account, weird that you have 5 health but 100 Kevlar there. Also I think that you automatically have it in non-competitive game modes.

As for silencers, there aren't any yet. They said they were adding them, but this was back in November.

Wish granted.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/armsdeal/

The M4A1 just doesn't seem right to me without the silencer since I always used it in CS:S. XD

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #3,752 of 6,939
Quote:
Wish granted.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/armsdeal/

The M4A1 just doesn't seem right to me without the silencer since I always used it in CS:S. XD

Woo! About time!

Although they missed the silencer for the TMP replacement...

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,753 of 6,939
Quote:
Shadowrun Returns

4/10

I played Shadowrun my freshman year in college back when it was a new pencil/paper RPG, and later on one of the early generation consoles.   I've read many of the SR novels and I really love the atmosphere of a not-too-distant future Seattle, when magic, dragons and meta-human races have reentered the world.

So when I saw this on Steam for $20 I didn't think twice.  I'm going to quit doing that.  For $20 I did not expect anything much in the way of CGI cut scenes or voice acting. And didn't get any of either. No biggie. That stuff is just fluff. I figured all the time and money went into making an epic adventure into the 6th world.  Well it was an adventure, but hardly epic.
     This game is not bad. I gave it a low score because this game looks and feels like something I'd have paid $5.99 for on the Google Play Store to play on my Android phone.  The only saving grace this game has as a PC title in 2013 is that it comes with a editor/creation kit, and there are already lots of goodies to download from the Steam Workshop. 

Shadowrun Returns was a successful kickstarter project made by members of the original FASA team that created the pen and paper game. I was like you. I played it quite a bit on Genesis and tabletop, and I loved it. I never played the SNES version, but I've heard it was great too.

All that being said, and even knowing that the dev team was largely inexperienced and on a small budget, I agree that the game needs more work for almost $20. They are largely relying on the community to make the game fuller and add content. It might be a much better game in a year, but right now it's only so-so. I would definitely recommend it to fans though, They already have UGC that contains the guns that made shadowrun great fun to me, like a 50-shot fully automatic shotgun and all the heavy machine guns......
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #3,754 of 6,939
Minecraft (5/5) - Never seem to run out of stuff to do. Doesn't matter if I'm in survival or creative. Exploring dungeons and fighting off monsters or building my dream base, its just an addicting game.

Neverwinter (4/5) - An MMO that I started playing recently by D&D. The combat system is probably the best part about it. This game would have been better if there were different story lines for the different classes.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #3,756 of 6,939
Has anyone played Fallout New Vegas?  I just bought the game, but still seem to enjoy Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 alot more.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,757 of 6,939
Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch

Gameplay : 8.5
Story : 8.5
Audio : 9.5
Visual : 9
Replayability : 8

Overall : 8.7 (Average of the 5 scores above)

It's nice to see a game like NNK in these era of gaming as they breath a sense of a fresh air to it. The collaboration with Ghibli has its own charms but in the end I felt that NNK are often overhyped. Some claimed that they are one of the best JRPG of all time and even though I respect the opinions, I just can't seem to agree with it.

NNK has a good story but not masterpiece quality. The characters beside Oliver and Mr Drippy are not developed to its potential for me and some might even get bored by its monster taming system. BUT I really enjoyed playing it. It has a really good soundtrack accompanying it, the gameplay is good relative to JRPGs and also what got me hooked more is Mr. Drippy itself. Sure there are some bad jokes that is in NNK but it is amusing nevertheless.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #3,761 of 6,939
Needs to come out on PC - as does GTA V!

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #3,764 of 6,939
Quote:
New Vegas was a total snore fest for me. But then again, so are all Bethesda games.

Nah, New Vegas was pretty good. And it wasn't developed by Bethesda like Fallout 3 but by Obsidian, so a lot of the guys that worked on it have worked on the original Fallout games. 

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #3,765 of 6,939
Quote:
Nah, New Vegas was pretty good. And it wasn't developed by Bethesda like Fallout 3 but by Obsidian, so a lot of the guys that worked on it have worked on the original Fallout games. 

Still a boring game with exactly the same tired bethesda gameplay mechanics that you see in elder scrolls and fallout3. But that's my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back