Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #3,332 of 6,943
Quote:
Did you complete all of the missions in Assassin's Creed 3? I'm having a hard time justifying the time needed to level-up my recruits to Assassin rank.....

yeah assassins creed 3 is just kind of meh to me. I think we had a few haters in the thread earlier. Removing all aspect of finesse from a game about being an assassin is just a silly idea. the story inside of the animus is okay but outside....well I don't understand why people hate Indiana Jonas 4 for aliens when its right in line with all the other crazy bullschiit that happens but this game gets a pass? Also how devastated were the devs that 2012 never happened? I'm working up to beating it...but I feel I need to replay one and two before hand just to get the steam to muddle through it, and that's never a good thing to say about a game. I'm in no way disputing your rating of the game as everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just saying they could have given us a better game as a third REAL installment after pushing out so many full price glorified DLC campaigns.

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #3,333 of 6,943
Quote:
Did you complete all of the missions in Assassin's Creed 3? I'm having a hard time justifying the time needed to level-up my recruits to Assassin rank.....

Recruits!?

HA!

I'm on the part in aiding in the revolutionary war effort. Basically calling the militia men for Paul Reverre and fighting.

Platform is PC

Gameplay and controls are so bad with PC it's hilarious. Optomization for PC is also a joke.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #3,334 of 6,943
Assassins Creed III - Liberation (PS Vita)
-I bought this game along with the PS Vita, but I guess I am not a fan of this game, but I like games with more action or strategy.  There is alot of repetitive gameplay here.  My rating would be 6 out of 10.

I know there are some fans of this game though.  If you are interested, I will sell you my copy.  I have the Limited Edition Steelbox Version.  PM me.

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #3,335 of 6,943
Quote:
Quote:

Recruits!?

HA!

I'm on the part in aiding in the revolutionary war effort. Basically calling the militia men for Paul Reverre and fighting.

Platform is PC

Gameplay and controls are so bad with PC it's hilarious. Optomization for PC is also a joke.

Yeah the PC controls are meh.....
The game as a whole was okay I thought. I haven't played an open-world game in a long time so it was quite refreshing from the 'norm for me.
I just wish there weren't so many darn bugs! Also, a lot of the optional objectives were a pain in the butt to do. Take down Johnson without running into anyone, or take down the dude before he enters the tunnel/hideout. :frowning2:

^ that one cracked me up when I saw it

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,336 of 6,943
Halo 4 - 9/10
The campaign is the best of the series. Multiplayer is also very fun, and it's the game I've been returning to. Almost as fun as it was in Halo 3.

Battlefield 3 - 8.5/10
The most fun with friends, and provides an incredible experience with great graphics and sounds.

Portal 2 - 8.5/10
Great fun, and the voice acting and plot are great.

RAGE - 8/10
One of my favourite games of it's kind. The new dlc that came out is pretty good, too. The game does have some issues, though, such as bad graphics at times, lazy writing and poor combat at times. The railgun is incredible, though.

Black Ops 2 - 7/10
Definitely not as bad as I thought it would be, although it's still a bit tiring since it's still the same physics as the modern warfare games... Great for when I'm in the mood for some CoD.

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3,337 of 6,943
Rage got boring for me, drive some place, kill some stuff. drive somewhere else, kill some stuff. 

Getting old school,

Starcraft 2 - 8/10 so far

Recent Plays:

Crysis 2: 8/10. Great Graphics, Nice levels, missing something.

Borderlands 2: 9/10. Loved the 1st one, this one had just enough new stuff to keep me interested in finding everything, leveling up, etc.

Dishonored: 9/10. I gave it an 8 on the first play through, but the replay to have almost no deaths and the alternate ending was challenging. Nice concept.

Deus Ex: 6:10 I have not played it through, was suprised how boring it was, didn't seem to do anything particularly well. I did have a go straight after the last 3 titles, so it may just be a case of too many FPS' back to back.

I have the new Tomb Raider due out very soon and Hitman (it was cheap), so clearing the FPS space before I jump on them.

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #3,338 of 6,943
Tomorrow i'm getting Assassins creed 3 and Crysis 3. 

Been playing Rage DLC, "The scorchers" which i rate 8 of 10. Crappy graphic engine, but the story gets interesting. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #3,339 of 6,943
Metal Gear Rising
I was surprised to see a character from Metal Gear Solid 4 in Rising.  Solid Snake referred to this character as "him" in Metal Gear Solid 2.  
blink.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #3,340 of 6,943
Decided to give Skyrim another go, since patch 1.9 added a higher difficulty. Starting out, it's just so incredibly hard. Most enemies one-hit me, even when I'm blocking, and pretty much all enemies are damage sponges.

I will say, with the difficulty so high, followers are incredibly useful. They, too, are damage sponges, so they work very well as tanks. I probably wouldn't have made it through the first (real) dungeon if I didn't have a follower!

Every time I level my heart sinks a little, because I never know if that's going to be the level that sets the enemies up in difficulty.

Still, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and I'll rate it as I've always rated Skyrim: 8/10.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3,341 of 6,943
I'm playing the new Tomb Raider and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I expected it to be much more like Uncharted but the stealth element and the added option on how you want to tackle most situations it's a big plus. I am a huge Uncharted fan but taking on waves after waves of enemies gets stale pretty fast and I prefer how Crystal Dynamics handled that aspect of the gameplay. It's also nice how you can "warp" (Dark Souls reference) from bonfire to bonfire and go back to locations you've already been to to further explore them with the new items you acquired - yeah, you can upgrade you weapons and skills. There is a bunch of stuff to collect and there are hidden optional tombs around that you can find and explore.  
My only gripe is with the QTE part of the game, which is oversimplistic - press Y, mash X and that's all (there was one moment early in the game when you had to press the trigger buttons in quick succession but that was all of it). And finally, the game looks really good - I decided to go for the pc version and the game is clearly not just a bad console port. There is even a benchmark test in the menu to check your rig. 
9/10

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3,342 of 6,943
Has anyone played SimCity yet? The user metacritic score are atrocious due to the online DRM and the server kept crashing.

Damn, I held off buying Dead Space 3 to buy SimCity and now this happens.
What the hell happened to sequels recently???

I hope SC II : HoS does not have any issues.

Anyway, since this is rate the recent videogames thread, I'll just review the latest I have played:
Hearts (yes, the standard package PC game)

Graphics : 7 (meh)
Story : -
Replay Value : 10
Sound : -

Overall : Doesn't matter, it's addicting anyway (Also sometimes I feel the 3 AI are ganging up on me, those pricks)

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #3,344 of 6,943
Quote:
Crysis 3: 8/10
Tomb Raider 2013 (not finished): 8.5 - 9/10

I'm THOROUGHLY surprised at Tomb Raider, I didn't think it was going to be so fleshed out. IT is done quite well. A bit more shooting and killing and enviromental juggling then puzzle solving and actual tomb raiding though.

Well, I wasn't really impressed with Crysis 3 but Tomb Raider is really good. For one the shooting and killing is way better than in Uncharted and I actually like the more realistic approach instead of killing sharks or dual wielding pistols and making crazy flips and kicks while killing a dinosaur. Actually shooting and killing is way less than expected, especially after all the reviews and comparisons to Uncharted. No waves of enemies spawning from thin air or that bad aim - actually Lara can pull off headshots with the bow with ease and it's very satisfying. I do agree on the less amount of puzzles though and they are mostly not vet challenging while in some of the previous games I spent quite some time thinking about some of the puzzles and jumping around thinking what I should do. I think it's because of the more cinematic approach that gets you fluently through the whole story without too much of slow downs.

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #3,345 of 6,943
Quote:
Well, I wasn't really impressed with Crysis 3 but Tomb Raider is really good. For one the shooting and killing is way better than in Uncharted and I actually like the more realistic approach instead of killing sharks or dual wielding pistols and making crazy flips and kicks while killing a dinosaur. Actually shooting and killing is way less than expected, especially after all the reviews and comparisons to Uncharted. No waves of enemies spawning from thin air or that bad aim - actually Lara can pull off headshots with the bow with ease and it's very satisfying. I do agree on the less amount of puzzles though and they are mostly not vet challenging while in some of the previous games I spent quite some time thinking about some of the puzzles and jumping around thinking what I should do. I think it's because of the more cinematic approach that gets you fluently through the whole story without too much of slow downs.

I'm quite pleased with Tomb Raider.

I think it escapes the dev's how an airplane acts like a Faraday Cage though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back