Rate the video games you're currently playing
Sep 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #2,941 of 6,937
You were either given a beta key or you signed up for the beta. And it's a MOBA game. If you've ever played DotA or League of Legends, it's similar (but a bit more "hardcore")

As a counter to DotA 2, gotta throw down my Starcraft II gauntlet.

Starcraft II: 9.5/10. HIYOOO!

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #2,942 of 6,937
Playing the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony on pc,i have never played them until now because my xbox360 went off after gt4 which i completed..good to be back in liberty city again 9/10

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #2,943 of 6,937
GW2 (still lets me use my beta key even though the game is released lol). Thought I'd try it out and see if anything's improved... Nuh. 5/10. Time to look for a new go-to game to play until DayZ goes standalone.

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #2,944 of 6,937
Quote:
GW2 (still lets me use my beta key even though the game is released lol). Thought I'd try it out and see if anything's improved... Nuh. 5/10. Time to look for a new go-to game to play until DayZ goes standalone.

yeah...I thought it felt too much like that generic wow killer MMO style

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,946 of 6,937
Quote:
Has anyone played risen or risen 2?  i am thinking about getting these games next!

Risen was really good, haven't tried risen 2 yet. Oh...Risen is insanely hard just FYI.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #2,949 of 6,937
Just finished Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow for like the 5th time, and I'm now playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (through my Vita), as well as replaying Mass Effect 3 (felt like going through it as a Paragon, as I'm almost always a Renegade).

DoS: 8/10
SOTN: 8/10
ME3: 8.5/10

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,950 of 6,937
Currently Playing (not necessarily for the first time):

Very good:
Portal 2 (Steam Workshop Community Test Chambers)
Skyrim: Dawngaurd
BioShock
Dungeon Defenders
Borderlands

Not bad:
Final Fantasy XIV (Will improve when re-launched)

Disappointed:
Diablo III (Nerf nerf nerf. Nerf.)

Eagerly awaiting:
BORDERLANDS 2!!! (1 week, 4 days and 10 hours!)
BioShock Infinite (Next year ._.)

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,951 of 6,937
I am having one of them twenty attemps later moments on gta4 the ballad of gay tony and the lost and the damned, it's hard to control the chopper with keyboard and mouse it's like your playing a playstation game..i hope they sort out the way the game plays when grand theft auto five comes out!

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2,952 of 6,937
Quote:
I am having one of them twenty attemps later moments on gta4 the ballad of gay tony and the lost and the damned, it's hard to control the chopper with keyboard and mouse it's like your playing a playstation game..i hope they sort out the way the game plays when grand theft auto five comes out!

xbox controller, you need one.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #2,953 of 6,937
Finishing up SOTN, but Kingdom Hearts DDD is next in terms of my portable gaming. Still playing Mass Effect 3.

Mark of the Ninja is after ME3, console-wise.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #2,954 of 6,937
Quote:
Finishing up SOTN, but Kingdom Hearts DDD is next in terms of my portable gaming.

I'm waiting for DDD's cutscenes to go on YouTube in better quality. Not only do I not really fancy playing KH on a portable, but I can't justify literally buying each and every portable platform to play the next installment. Clues have suggested that KH3 will be the next one to come out; weather that will be on current-gen consoles or not, I sure hope so because waiting for PS4 would be just as bad as releasing on yet another portable (*COUGH* Vita). I don't really think KH's cartoon artwork really demands for hardware that current consoles currently have anyway.

EDIT:
Almost forgot, finished BioShock for the first time two (?) days ago. One of those games I've been interested in but never got around to trying out, and picked up for $4.99 during one of the Steam sales and finally got around to it while impatiently awaiting Borderlands 2. I give it a solid 9.5/10. Only thing that prevents me from giving it a perfect is re-playability. While I understand you can go back and play for different outcomes and further explore side-areas, there isn't enough reward or incentive to do so. I will definitely be playing more than once, but not right now.

BioShock 2 is proving to be just as solid; I'm only a few hours into it. I have a MAJOR gripe with the PC version though. The lack of controller support isn't a deal-breaker for me, but if a game is going to require mouse & keyboard input it better be solid, in which I found it unacceptably bad. And the Games For Windows Live DRM is just another slap in the face to boot. I had to get the PS3 version to play, in which I am thoroughly enjoying.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2,955 of 6,937
Vindictus (F2P hack and slash MMO based on Source) - 7.5
Jamestown - Legend of the Lost Colony (vertical shoot 'em up) - 7
Race Driver Grid - undecided between 8.5 and 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back