Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jun 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2,671 of 6,937
Quote:
After finishing Skyrim i found Kingdoms of amalur pretty boring my rating: 6 of 10
but thats just me. 
tongue.gif

The only reason i never bought skyrim earlier is because someone bought me zelda skyward sword!

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #2,672 of 6,937
Yea Skyrim is a pretty top notch game. Those who say other wise are just trying to be hipster and dislike it due to it's mainstream popularity.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2,674 of 6,937
Quote:
Yea Skyrim is a pretty top notch game. Those who say other wise are just trying to be hipster and dislike it due to it's mainstream popularity.

Agreed, as a whole, Skyrim has been the most polished Elder Scrolls game yet, and it runs stable unlike every other Bethesda title ever.  I can't wait for the Dawnguard DLC to come out on PC... It drops on xbox tomorrow so impressions should roll in soon.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #2,675 of 6,937
Updated Ghost Recon advanced warfighter ratings, I'm 3/4 through the game

Gameplay:8/10
Graphics:6.5/10
Voice and sound:7.5/10
Innovation:8.5/10
Overal:7.5/10
subject to change when I am done with the game.

Short description:

Gameplay: It is nicely grounded and gives you nice use of what it offers. Running quickly to the next locatoin, sensors, picking off enemies. However like most, it is heavily flawed at times making you very confused. Many times, you overrely on the sensors and forget what to really shoot at and other times you don't need anything... it may not sound annoying but it really is.

Graphics: The game is horribly optomized for the PC, it runs and isn't as good as COD MW3 in terms of efficency and it's overal graphics are worse than COD's overal. The first level looked nice, but textures are the biggest problem throughout. They are EXTREMELY low res even with high graphics settings and the ground at times is so defoliated that the jaggedness(paralax and DX11tesselation are enabled) and low res base landscape just blinds the eyes. The structure and fluidity of the soldiers are nice, but close looking at the uniforms just doesn't feel right, a bit too low res.

Sound and voice:  Nothing special about the voice actors, regular voices, guns are regular. Regular gun shots, there are some nice explosrions and heated moments though but it's very typical.

Innovation: The scrolling system to get your gadget, the drones you use and sensors and xray's and especailly the gun customization menu are very nice. However they are without their flaws. Many items do the same thing...however with slightly more varied ways to use them that the game forces on you. This is more realiastic however as even though they are similar, you learn that they are different and should be used different(forced by game)...however...this is a game.....and it just feels very artificial and forced (as in...the people tell you to use it or you get situations...where you have to use it...which is almost always). You get gadgets....ALL THROUGHOUT the game and new stuff constantly...which is quite annoying. I like to have a developed set of items that are given in the first two levels and use those to go through. However II do see what they are trying to do, I personally didn't like this part however. And lastly the gun customization menu. It has a lot of options...but in reality. They are all the same and stay very constant....innovative..but also very limited at the same time.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #2,678 of 6,937
Quote:

Agreed, as a whole, Skyrim has been the most polished Elder Scrolls game yet, and it runs stable unlike every other Bethesda title ever.  I can't wait for the Dawnguard DLC to come out on PC... It drops on xbox tomorrow so impressions should roll in soon.

It runs stable in it's current state. It was pretty buggy on release. Still got mad love for TES though.

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #2,679 of 6,937
I am playing skyrim now and i am glad i never got it earlier when my battlefield3 was working because i wouldn't be putting as much time into it as i am now..It's getting better and better the more i play skyrim, it reminds me of fallout new vegas a bit,the trolls and giants are like the death claws they give you two chances slim and none until you get the better armour and weapons,skyrim is much better than oblivion and i am looking forward to the new dawnguard dlc! p.s I don't like the map and the pointer that tells you the way to go, i have been over the edge of a cliff a few times and it does get a bit repetitive!

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #2,680 of 6,937
For those interested in the next Xbox

The augmented reality glasses sounds nice, but with those I'd need three pairs of glasses, one for 3DTV, one for reading and one for Xbox

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7361724/_Xbox_720_Microsoft_Leak

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #2,682 of 6,937
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. A majority of users think Skyrim is the best Elders scroll game so far. If you think otherwise so be it.

Quote:
I am playing skyrim now and i am glad i never got it earlier when my battlefield3 was working because i wouldn't be putting as much time into it as i am now..It's getting better and better the more i play skyrim, it reminds me of fallout new vegas a bit,the trolls and giants are like the death claws they give you two chances slim and none until you get the better armour and weapons,skyrim is much better than oblivion and i am looking forward to the new dawnguard dlc! p.s I don't like the map and the pointer that tells you the way to go, i have been over the edge of a cliff a few times and it does get a bit repetitive!

You will eventually own them in 1 hit 
biggrin.gif
. After finishing the game, I cheated and put godly stats on my armor and weapons. Owned dragons in 1 hit haha

I'm patiently waiting for Darksiders 2; loved the first game.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #2,683 of 6,937
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. A majority of users think Skyrim is the best Elders scroll game so far. If you think otherwise so be it.

You will eventually own them in 1 hit 
biggrin.gif
. After finishing the game, I cheated and put godly stats on my armor and weapons. Owned dragons in 1 hit haha

I'm patiently waiting for Darksiders 2; loved the first game.

Level 75 Orc with 100 Enchanting, Smithing and full all magic schools. No cheats needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back