Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jun 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #2,656 of 6,937
Quote:

I heard it got some not so great reviews. Do you like it a lot?

It's been lambasted for the internet connection requirement in many of the reviews which often dropped the score (probably rightly so).  There are some nice things that come with that but understand that if your internet connection isn't very good you can get disconnected from the game and there is no offline singly player mode.  If you have the internet to support it and that's not a dealbreaker for you then you should be fine.  It's definitely a fun game, I have a Wizard on Act I Hell right now which is actually further than I expected to get.  I tend to lose interest in ARPGs quite quickly, it's just not a genre that holds my interest long and I'm back to playing WoW more than D3 now but I do still plan to play it on and off.  If you love the genre I can't see you not enjoying D3.

Just got a new case and GPU so I'll probably be playing some more graphically intensive games that I've been holding off on soon.  Will be nice to finally be able to make use of all 3 monitors for 2D surround once I install it. (EVGA GTX 670 FTW if anyone is curious, going into my existing X58 build with an i7 920 and 6x 2GB Corsair Dominator memory, planning to OC the i7 to 4Ghz or so to avoid bottlenecking the card).

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #2,657 of 6,937
I have had skyrim a couple of days now, i have said it before and i will say it again, this is how you do a search around and look for stuff game!
But skyrim is still good though and i am enjoying playing it the sound and music is second to none and playing as a dragon slaying knight is good fun,it will get better the more i progress!

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #2,659 of 6,937
Not really mindblowing try Morrowind :D. Only thing Skyrim has over it is better animations and visuals :)

Running the Hunter now. Absolutely fascinating. It´s not really a game so maybe don´t fit here even though you hunt game.
Free to play if you have a fetish to only hunt mule dears. Though there is easy ways to learn artificial cash to buy new licenses and weapons if you so wish. I am paying membership so I get access to all the areas and support the developers more. Best forest simulator ever. Amazing visuals and audio ques create a superb atmosphere. As for hunting games this is my first but to me it appear extremely realistic. Except for this super hunting gadget but without the help with tracking it would be virtually impossible :p

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #2,662 of 6,937
Disagree. I still think Morrowind is by far the best of the series. 

I honestly really dislike the magic system in Skyrim...and Morrowind was just a masterpiece. Best soundtrack of the series, most content of the series, most variation of the series quest wise. 

I am looking forward to mounted combat in the upcoming Skyrim DLC though.

Quote:
I have played all the Oblivion games and while Morrowind has a better storyline, Skyrim blows it out of the water gameplay wise and visually being new

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #2,663 of 6,937
I think this thread got off topic so I'll bring it back:
Skyrim-9/10
The Witcher 2 hardened edition-9/10
Max Payne 3- 8/10
Alan wake- 7/10 (the game isn't for me, others love it, I can tell why)
BlackLight Retribution-8/10
Dear Esther-8.5/10
kingdoms of amalaur-8/10
mass effect 3- 8.9/10
sniper elite v2- 7.6/10
total war shogun 2 and expansion packs- 9/10

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #2,664 of 6,937
I've really been enjoying the new Civ 5 expansion: Gods and Kings.  I knowa  lot of people treat 5 as if its the person step child of the series, but I feel like the expansion has upped the complexity and strategy to a new level.  Its basically what beyond the sword was to Civ 4, and if anyone remembers that far back that game endured the same complaints.  I for one couldn't stand the "stack of doom" and welcomed the move to one unit per tile.  Gods and Kings basically feels like beyond the sword mixed with the single tile, hex based warfare of vanilla Civ 5.  I highly recommend it!

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #2,665 of 6,937
Quote:
I've really been enjoying the new Civ 5 expansion: Gods and Kings.  I knowa  lot of people treat 5 as if its the person step child of the series, but I feel like the expansion has upped the complexity and strategy to a new level.  Its basically what beyond the sword was to Civ 4, and if anyone remembers that far back that game endured the same complaints.  I for one couldn't stand the "stack of doom" and welcomed the move to one unit per tile.  Gods and Kings basically feels like beyond the sword mixed with the single tile, hex based warfare of vanilla Civ 5.  I highly recommend it!

Never played Civ 4 but Civ 5 gets a solid 8.7/10 from me.

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #2,666 of 6,937
I've put a ton of hours into Civ V and I'm pretty excited to try out the new expansion. I think V is a great game on it's own, and adding more layers of strategy to it can only help improve the experience. $30 is a bit much for me right now but I'll grab it as soon as it goes on sale.

And the best part about Civ is that it's a great game to listen to music while playing.
atsmile.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #2,667 of 6,937
Quote:
I've put a ton of hours into Civ V and I'm pretty excited to try out the new expansion. I think V is a great game on it's own, and adding more layers of strategy to it can only help improve the experience. $30 is a bit much for me right now but I'll grab it as soon as it goes on sale.

And the best part about Civ is that it's a great game to listen to music while playing.
atsmile.gif

Baba yetu....period. Give me that CD!!!

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,668 of 6,937
Initial rating of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter after playing first level and "taking" the game in on PC is a 7/10. It is basically not optomized or basically even thought of for the PC, runs pretty crapdily on PC, has bug problems and video problems on PC version, but I can get past those....it's the very.....craptastic gameplay and first "impression" level that made me go 0_0

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #2,670 of 6,937
After finishing Skyrim i found Kingdoms of amalur pretty boring my rating: 6 of 10
but thats just me. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back