Rate the video games you're currently playing
Dec 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #2,281 of 6,937
PC gamer only (for now, I "bought my son" an Xbox 360 for Christmas, Ult Marvel vs Capcom here I come!)

Was playing Left4Dead2 and Diablo 3(beta) but recently picked up BF3 and been playing that non-stop since. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #2,282 of 6,937
Gears of War 3
Great multiplayer, have yet to play campaign.
9/10 (multiplayer)

Forza 4
Absolutely awesome. Buy if you like racing simulators (though not too different from Forza 3; think evolution rather than revolution).
10/10

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #2,283 of 6,937
The Lanayru region in Skyward Sword keeps blowing my mind hardcore.

Hit a blue timeshift stone to restore the immediate vicinity to its state hundreds of years ago.  The guardians of the Temple of Time were some advanced automaton race who would mine timeshift stones in the area to use as their source of power, complete with an Aztec/Maya style to their designs.  I love it.
Bokoblins(?) wore clean, neat jumpsuits and beat you down with electrified weapons, LOL.

One particular robot: "Oh, I see you have a Beetle, but an older version.  Let me upgrade it for you."

=o

I was expecting Goron mines or something, woodwork/stonework and all.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #2,284 of 6,937
Wow, this thread makes up for such a timeline, HiGHFLYiN9started the thread saying he was playing Forza 1 for Xbox, in 2005, and now we're at Forza 4!

I'm currently working on Gold Crowning all the Taiko no Tatsujin for the NDS, but I have left the hardest songs on Oni of the first two games and now I'm focusing on the third game. This is totally the type of game you starts being a flimsy loser at it (no matter how experienced you think you are at Guitar Hero or DDR) and the more you put effort and dedication the more you get better, better at holding the styli and doing fast rolls, and it feels so rewarding to beat a song you first struggled and lost so many times. For the higher quality of the playlist I give a 8 to Taiko no Tatsujin and a 7 to "7tsu no Shima no Daibouken" and to "Dororon! Yokai Daikessen!!" the two others. With an adventure mode such at the game #2 and 3, #1 would have got a 9. It's A LOT more fun (and easier because you can pull off some sweet tricks and go fast) to play on a touchscreen than using for instance a PS2 gamepad to play on the PS2 version of the games without the original plastic taiko toy.

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals also for the NDS, a weird make over of the second Lufia game on the SNES, I'm really enjoying it. You get the same good music which has been remixed and orchestrated but still feels like the original sound (unlike, for example, the Pokémon Ruby Red remake for the GBA, which sounds nothing like Pokémon Red GB, even though it's the same songs just remixed), all the puzzles and a dynamic and engaging fighting system. I believe they did an incredible job in tweaking a great game out of a game that was already great, in fact so great that I first expected the possibilities of succeeding in achieving another degree of the same greatness close to none.

Pokémon Gold / Silver / Crystal: I give 8/10 for being the second best Pokémon after Red / Blue / Green / Yellow.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #2,285 of 6,937
Sakunyan and Grados. Oh boy.

To contribute...I've been playing Modern Warfare 3 (and I feel dirty for saying that) and been really enjoying it.

It's basically MW 2 with all the good customization from Black Ops and some other tweaks.

Gun selection is very similar to MW 2 (a few new ones), but the unlock system for stuff is completely different (weapon wise). It's completely based on kills now so you're unlocking items much more frequently now (which I loved).

They removed all the awful perks (Juggernaut, Stopping Power, etc.) so everyone is on the same level health wise. They also added tons of new Killstreaks.

The only problem I really have is that most of the maps are too small for a lot of guns to be relevant. MW 2 did an excellent job of balancing the maps for that everything could feel useful on them. This is not so here. I can pretty much use SMGs on any map and have a positive KD ratio.

That's not to say the maps are bad (especially compared to Black Ops aka worst maps ever), but I liked MW 2's more.

tl;dr - I'm actually really enjoying MW 3. 8/10

PS: I didn't mention the singleplayer because I haven't and will never play it. I don't care at all.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #2,286 of 6,937
That's good, I'm getting mw3 and bf3 for Christmas. Hoping they'll be good, haven't played Xbox in a year, I sold all my games back in January. If anyone wants to add me on Xbox just send a pm. 

I also play skyrim on my pc, great game, 9/10. Would be a 10 if my sound card wasn't incompatible with everything but the music and my character breathing. 

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #2,287 of 6,937
I need people to play with on PC. The COD games are one of the few games I always want to play on them...because 90% of the players are easy to style all over. 

Nuke city in MW 2.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #2,288 of 6,937
I'm playing Deadblock, somewhat funny/crazy cartoon game about blocking the zombies from entering in the building you stand in. However, it does get tiring.

Impressions: I say this game does well for what it does, but there's this annoying bug. This is always present as you try to collect items from any place, when you move then it just simply resets itself. You don't get the item and you have to do it again.

Gameplay : 7/10, reminds me of call of duty nazi zombies (loathed that game) but this game is more fun than COD, I'd give the COD one a 5/10, COD for me was hard to get a lot of rounds, no story, it's an arcade, not the same thing I know.
Audio : Nice actors I guess, mostly generic though, but I do LOVE the announcer. 8/10, the sound effects are decent, as well as the same FRIGGING ROCK MUSIC over and over again.(not pissed)
Price/value : definately worth the money for 10 dollars. to be honest, it may be better for 7 dollars or 5, but eh.

It gets tiring though, so a break is needed.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #2,289 of 6,937
The new Star Wars MMO: Star Wars the Old Republic. It look promising, and I was interested in a break from the normal, sort of medieval setting most MMO's have, and this looked intriguing. I got to play it for a while at my buddy's house, but unfortunately it doesn't run so well on my laptop at home, which was odd. I assumed since I could run Rift, this wouldn't be a problem, but that isn't the case.

When I actually was able to play, I enjoyed hurling rocks at enemies via the force, getting to use a lightsaber all that fun stuff. The questing system was nicer than your Rift's or WoW's, as the dialog scenes are fully animated with three options for responses at various point in the game (probably not a new feature for a lot of you console gamers, but this was a nice change for me), which was great getting away from reading a wall of text each time I turned in or picked up a quest. The PvP was definitely enjoyable, they scale up your damage and health so everyone can play in the same group. High level players still get an advantage by having all the skills that lower players don't.

I suppose when I finish saving up for a new desktop and get a lot more in game time, I'll give this thing a proper review, with a score and all.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2,290 of 6,937
Finnished Saints row the third. It's everything grand theft auto once was: fun in a sandbox. If someone told me now that I could either have saints row 4 or grand theft auto 5 - I'd take saints row 4 in a heartbeat. It's just so much more fun than GTA's "get a car, drive somwhere, watch cutscene, drive some more, have a shootout, drive away, repeat for 8 hours and then the game is finnished". It's been a long time since I laughed so much at a game.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #2,291 of 6,937
Custom Robo (GCN): 7/10

I'm replaying this oldie because I still haven't gotten all the parts yet (just need the last one), but I decided to play through the story mode once more for kicks.
Needless to say, this game pulls no punches on how paper thin the world is supposed to be. It's as if the writers wrote a fantastic story and decided "Jeez, why is this so srs?"
Then they proceeded to punch holes in places where it wouldn't affect the main story, giving the story the impression that the world that your character is in is two dimensional; like some C-grade Hollywood film.

It really gives the impression that the game is really all about the combat, which it is. Good thing the combat's pretty fun. I haven't played this game with friends in years, but it's too deep for casual play.

tl;dr: If you see it for cheap and still play your Gamecube, pick it up.

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #2,292 of 6,937

THANK YOU SAMSUNG. Got it for free with my SSD from Black Friday, my Christmas present was a 1TB 7200rpm form the GF and i finally have space to start installing games and not just CAD stuff!

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #2,293 of 6,937

Quote:

THANK YOU SAMSUNG. Got it for free with my SSD from Black Friday, my Christmas present was a 1TB 7200rpm form the GF and i finally have space to start installing games and not just CAD stuff!

Lucky, I wish crucial did that to my SSD purchase, : (, I hope you  have fun with it, remember to review it!

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #2,295 of 6,937
Played a bit of Disgaea 3 Return (PS Vita) yesterday, finished Uncharted : Golden abyss (PSV also) a bit earlier and currently Pokemon Pinball (yes I'm being serious.) on my GBASP....

Strangely I found the latter the most amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back