Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #1,591 of 6,937
I posted about Brink before the whole Resistance debacle.

It's a fun game with the potential to be great. Campaign is just AI bot matches, you blow through all the challenges in a matter of minutes, and then it's time to go online.

Basically, it's all about online multiplayer. If you're a TF 2 fan you'll enjoy Brink. I think with some added content it could be really good.

I think I gave it 6/10 with great potential to improve.

Good:
- Customization
- Game Type Variety
- Stylish

Bad:
- Lack of Content at release
- Map choke points

Quote:
Anyone else playing Brink? I have seen real mixed reviews. It seems to be an either you love it or hate it game.

May 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #1,592 of 6,937
League of Legends. Just got Annie in Wonderland skin last night and it's dope!

May 18, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #1,594 of 6,937

Quote:
Heh, I picked up Forza today, I'm 10% through the career mode and 19% through arcade. I like it, Project Gotham Racing 2 was my king racer for the Xbox, but Forza is better. In fact I'd go so far as to say Forza is better than GT4. I'd rate it at a 4 out of 5.

This should hold me over until the 360 arrives, PGR3 anyone?
icon10.gif

I often get frustrated when playing the Forza series since they're so DAMN realistic....moreso than Gran Turismo ever was.

I like Project Gotham also since it's a bit more forgiving.

May 18, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #1,595 of 6,937

Forza is a guilty pleasure of mine in the sense that I don't even race my cars most of the time.

I'm a big drift fan, and I love everything Itasha. In both Forza 2 and 3 I spent well over 200 hours tuning, and 400 hours painting my cars...maybe 100 actually racing them. lol

Can't wait for Forza 4 this year...And Dirt 3 for that matter. Rally is my second favorite.
Quote:
I often get frustrated when playing the Forza series since they're so DAMN realistic....moreso than Gran Turismo ever was.

I like Project Gotham also since it's a bit more forgiving.

May 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #1,596 of 6,937
Forza is a guilty pleasure of mine in the sense that I don't even race my cars most of the time.

I'm a big drift fan, and I love everything Itasha. In both Forza 2 and 3 I spent well over 200 hours tuning, and 400 hours painting my cars...maybe 100 actually racing them. lol

Can't wait for Forza 4 this year...And Dirt 3 for that matter. Rally is my second favorite.

Got Dirt 3 pre-ordered to be delivered next Tuesday! Might be sick that day... :evil:

May 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #1,597 of 6,937
I'd rank the PGR4 experience over Forza3 and GranT, and for some reason I also couldn't really get into DIRT2 or GRID either. for that kind of driving, I'd rather go with Midnight Club LA, or even Test Drive Unltd... :wink:

Quote:
Quote:

Got Dirt 3 pre-ordered to be delivered next Tuesday! Might be sick that day...
evil_smiley.gif

May 18, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #1,599 of 6,937
+1 on Heretic. Seriously.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd rank the PGR4 experience over Forza3 and GranT, and for some reason I also couldn't really get into DIRT2 or GRID either. for that kind of driving, I'd rather go with Midnight Club LA, or even Test Drive Unltd... :wink:

Heretic!!!
tongue.gif

[edited for choice of words]

May 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #1,600 of 6,937

Quote:

Funny, my impressions were the polar opposite :wink: I immensely enjoyed Forza, GT, Dirt and TDU. Grid and Dirt 2 were pretty enjoyable, but not quite as much. I didn't like PGR4 at all, played for maybe 10-15 hours and tossed it to the side, I just didn't care for calendar based schedule.

May 18, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #1,601 of 6,937

Quote:

Funny, my impressions were the polar opposite :wink: I immensely enjoyed Forza, GT, Dirt and TDU. Grid and Dirt 2 were pretty enjoyable, but not quite as much. I didn't like PGR4 at all, played for maybe 10-15 hours and tossed it to the side, I just didn't care for calendar based schedule.

A lot good racing games there.

Personally I enjoyed PGR 3 more then PGR 4 but it was only a matter of FIRST!. Same with Forza 2 over Forza 3. Or it was the rewind function that took away from the pressure of not being allowed to do misstakes to win. Free not to use but hard not to!

DIRT had to bad physics to enjoy. DIRT 2 I enjoyed a lot. TDU I enjoyed a lot. TDU 2 is just broken though and don´t do it like the original did.
GT 5 okay but got tired of it very quickly. Some things don´t work like rally and Nascar.
GRID very uneven. Loved the muscle cars but WTCC and open wheelers or real life circuits didn´t work at all.
Midnight Club LA amazingly fun. Hard in the right way.

Looking forward to DIRT 3. Just wished they wouldn´t have made roads that wide. Colin McRae width would have been more suitable.
Will  be no match for Richard Burns Rally I am sure. That sim never seem to get old :)

May 18, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #1,602 of 6,937
As long as they remove the BRO-ness from Dirt 3 I'll be happy. Dirt 2 was awesome...but the menus and voice acting just made me want to put my fist through the screen.

May 19, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #1,603 of 6,937

Quote:
You can have it on 32-gig system as well. allow 1 gig to memory relocation. 64-bit OSes use the last gig more efficiently though and you can use more than that. On the other hand 64-bit oses appear to be a bit more resource hungry as well. Is 7 64-bit better then vista 64-bit in this regard?

Well, it really bogs down with the 2GB I'm unfortunately limited to at the moment. :p (only two RAM slots and not enough money to upgrade both of them...)

But I think that Win7 is quite a bit better with resources than Vista.  Really I think the biggest problem with using 64-bit windows is you need more RAM.  But since you can use more RAM, you probably don't have to worry about it if you have enough.  The biggest problem is that a lot of drivers are incompatible with 64-bit windows...

May 19, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #1,604 of 6,937
Oh, also, I kind of prefer Forza 3 to GT5 as a game...but I like the driving physics in GT5 a bit more, and the cockpit mode (in the cars that actually support it...) is far, far better.  But as a game alone, GT5 is quite lacking.

Dirt 2 is okay.  The rally racing is far more fun than it is in GT5, though probably less realistic.  But I didn't really like the...theme of the game. :p  (so-called "bro-ness" if you will)

May 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #1,605 of 6,937
MORTAL KOMBAT 10/10!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back