Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 28, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #1,456 of 6,937
for some reason I returned to Halo Reach once more this past weekend, and did an entire solo campaign at 'normal' in about 9 hours. it felt like a stupid but compelling way to spend that much time, usually I won't play for that long in one sitting :wink:

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #1,458 of 6,937
I've been playing Crysis 2 lately with my new K702 and E9 amp.
At first I hated the shooting in this game for some reason. I love how you seem to need a strategy at FIRST and can't always just go run up to something and kill everything in sight. Well maybe I'm just not that good. AI seems rather bad.

The level where you need to use the vehicle is the worst thing I've ever had to control in a game. I kept running into EVERYTHING. Luckily it was easy and short.

I'm on the level where you need to go to a parking garage and activate some explosives. During this part of the game I got all confused and went around in circles it seems like. I went to the blue marker to continue the level but there was an enemy "stuck" somewhere that I had to kill first. I think after I left the parking garage I ran out of ammo and ended up just running past everything.

I fought the "Pinger" (3 legged Tripod Robot) and it took me a few tries because I'm too impatient.

Difficulty of the game on my setting is just right. Nothing too frustrating or too easy.

I'd probably give the game so far a 7.5/10

The game really isn't as fun as it could be. I feel as if I want to just keep playing to get it over with. I actually found Bioshock 2 to be an overall better game. At least it's more fun.

I've yet to find a FPS-like game to top Fallout 3 and Half Life 2 yet. I think I'm up to 300 hours into FO3 and I finally took an 8 month break from it! It's weird because I love FO3 but hate New Vegas?!

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #1,459 of 6,937
^ Singleplayer is alright. Nothing spectacular nor revolutionary in any regard. I didn't like the greasy effect that they imposed on the graphics so I added a config and have been fiddling around w/ that. Like I said before multi is why I buy fps and despite it being a CoD copycat, I'm enjoyin' it. Hit lvl 50 once and rebooted already. You lose everything but the dogtags you've unlocked previously. There's no incentive to reboot your suit unless you want a fancier-looking icon next to your name, which for all intents and purposes only adds down arrow(s) on a lvl 50 icon before the suit reboot. They addressed cheating w/ the latest patch but I still see a few here and there.

I like it over CoD b/c;
1) Melees aren't as cheap as knifing in CoD. It takes 3 hits to kill in armour mode and 2 hits in all other modes.
2) Strafing is important in 1v1 gunfights. I don't remember it being the same in CoD. 3-4 bullets and you're golden. A tip for beginners - in C2 you will need to strafe if you want to win 1v1 gunfights. Sometimes I've emptied an entire clip vs other decent players. He also emptied his clip so it came down to melee. Most n00bs and intermediate players will not strafe but instead will run around in cloak mode waiting for other people to uncloak so he can backstab. I've even seen people crouching immediately upon seeing enemies. I lol when I see people like 'em. Thx for the free kill.
3) Cloak mode. This mode was mostly for n00bs in Crysis Wars but is actually quite important in C2. It is harder to see and emits no buzzing noise unlike in Wars, so this mode is useful in reducing your chances of being backstabbed or increasing your chances of backstabbing. But don't expect cloak to be a panacea. In close proximity you can easily see the silhouette and I run cloak tracker just to spot cloaked players. If you love cloaking, stealth enhance, mobility enhance, armour enhance/nano recharge/energy transfer are popular choices.

If anyone wanna group up for games shoot me a pm (PC).

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #1,460 of 6,937
Just got Crysis 2 myself. Forgot I preordered it some half year ago or so. Afraid it would be to console damaged I had decided not to buy it. But anyway happy I got it in the mail particularly since this is really the avatar of video games. The first fps game where stereo 3D worked flawlessly. I thought it would not be possible to run stereo3D in fps since every single fps game has had convergence issues that made aiming over long distances especially a pain. There is no sign of it here! The 3D is so good there is hardly any fatigue running even 100 % 3D and unless I put my eyes 20 cm from the monitor no visible ghosting. Picture not being that dark either like in most fps games I have tried where I had to compensate like crazy with gamma or brightness.

Otherwise plain weird to play a Crysis game you can maximize at launch. It doesn´t push todays computer at all but it still looks quite spectacular. To a point where I simply don´t care but it´s a shame how consoles are allowed to hold back PC Gaming these days :frowning2:. The mouse movement doesn´t appear to be entirely smooth. Not sure if it´s due to me only having 2 gig of RAM which is clearly on the limit or if there is console lag built in.

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #1,462 of 6,937
Which Rainbow titles? The Rainbow series peaked with Raven Shield though the Vegas series was surprisingly good. Not anywhere near Raven Shield though. May also try SWAT 4. Also absolutely superb :)

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #1,463 of 6,937
GRAW 2 is a very fun game, but it would be much more fun if your AI team mates weren't actually five times as bad as the enemy AI. I've had them slowly advancing without any cover towards enemies they very well saw and who very well saw them too, and they didn't shoot one shot. Actually I think they can't even shoot while advancing at all, which is doubly bad since it takes them so long to switch between moving and shooting.

Sims 3 is incredibly fun, but the suboptimal choice of clothes and hairstyles is sometimes very irritating.

Quote:
Which Rainbow titles? The Rainbow series peaked with Raven Shield though the Vegas series was surprisingly good. Not anywhere near Raven Shield though. May also try SWAT 4. Also absolutely superb :)

I actually prefer LV 2 over Swat 4, though it is indeed great. Too bad no one seems to play LV2 MP...

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #1,464 of 6,937

Quote:

this week, vegas and vegas 2. pity the split-screen action drops dialogue and story. you need to remember the single-player plot a bit to enjoy the co-op. agree about SWAT4 (and about the brain-damaged AI on your side in GRAW). some of my favorite scenarios in such games involve a mix of sneaky sniping and tactical teamwork, never ceases to amaze me how far games have come in that regard.

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #1,466 of 6,937
Alrighty! Had a few days off and had a chance to play through Sly Cooper (from the PS3 Sly Cooper HD Collection). Pretty damn good mid-90's PSX adventure/platforming fun! Very reminiscent of Crash Bandicoot, but occasionally terrible controls (heavily noticed on the last boss), occasional freezing and often awful camera angles (had an issue almost once a level), but boy is it fun and rather easy. If you're a fan of trophies, get this game without thinking twice, because I landed a platinum without really trying within what would work out to be a day's worth of gaming and relaxing. The glitches, bad camera and bad controls leave a sour taste in your mouth while playing and jumping into lava because you can't see where you are, but it's quite fun and I'd recommend it at the $30 price point and the $10 I got it for, I ain't complaining one bit! Oh, I should also note there are two more whole Sly Cooper games (plus minigames) I have yet to play through-- great value!

7/10

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #1,467 of 6,937
I've been playing Tribal Wars a lot, high ranking and all, before I quit. Very addictive game. 

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #1,468 of 6,937

Quote:
Oh, I should also note there are two more whole Sly Cooper games (plus minigames) I have yet to play through-- great value!

7/10

I'm personally not a big fan of the later Cooper games, they take a more sandbox approach that I don't consider as satisfying compared to the linear, well-designed levels of the first. (Yes I know no one cares what I think)

Zelda: Link to the Past - Replaying for the umpteenth time, never really noticed how short the dungeons, how small the map, and how repetitive (and uninspired) the later bosses are. I had just finished (by which I mean entered the final dungeon, got bored, and started playing Metroid) Zelda: Minish Cap, and it's a significantly better game, even if the world seems to be on more narrow scale. As a sequel should be of course, but you know, nostalgia addicts and all. 

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #1,469 of 6,937
OT but that Battlefield 3 trailer is saweeeet!

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #1,470 of 6,937
Played about a dozen games of the Gears of War 3 Beta.

I'm having fun with the beta.  The game handles well, and the interface is adequate.  I do, however, have some problems with matchmaking and team balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back