Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 27, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #6,691 of 6,937
Remember when they were saying metroid prime remastered was going to be a trilogy collection? it was going to be 1, 2, and 3 on one cart/download for 60$. but nintendo's been getting greedier and greedier each year. they realized theyll make more money if they drip feed us the remasters at 40$ a pop. then they can make 120$ off all three instead od just 60$ like what was originally planned. ooh boy cant wait to pay 120$ for some old gamecube games....
dont get me wrong, i love metroid prime, its geuinely my favorite metroid games in the franchise, (ignoring the existance of other M ofc) but selling them years later with some retextured graphics for whats going to be 120$ for all 3 is absolute BS. and wheres MP4?
as to where metroid prime 4 is to me kind of justifies any prices nintendo charge and actually paints to me a picture of them being far from greedy as a company (the same company who let 7 people get online with a family plan which costs less than the competitors)..
if anyone wants to go looking, should be some chewyyoube clips of ‘;why they cancelled the last MP4 project’ (wouldn’t be to fans expectations),.. so they start from scratch (AMAZING!!)..

sure it is a delay.. but they take the hit in order to deliver consistent quality products. (when just about no one else can or does)

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #6,693 of 6,937
Best Review I've seen of Wo Long. This guy points out all the issues. I generally trust (and take it seriously) his reviews.

I started playing A Plague Tale: Requiem. I really like it. I like the art style (general presentation is excellent!), and the game is designed quite well. The level designs and puzzles seem well thought out. Main issue I have with it is the combat doesn't have as much depth as The Last of Us, but it's hard to achieve that level of combat fluidity. Also, the quality of the dialog isn't good. It's not The Last of Us level of quality of dialog. Stealth is a lot of fun and same with the rat puzzles. I would recommend. I know the beginning of the game is slow and very linear with a lot of hand-holding, but I think it's a very lengthy tutorial. Once you get past this, the game get much better. The Last of Us Part I started off quite slow as well.

IMO, this game and The Last of Us series demonstrate how these kinds of game are next evolution of what movies were. They truely feel like an interactive movie with engaging gameplay, well balanced with great vistual presentation.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #6,694 of 6,937
Yakuza 0: Blows away almost every Western game made in the past decade in terms of quality and it's only a prequel. Everything is at a very high level and very immersive. 9.5/10

Alpha Protocol: Buggy gameplay and dated graphics. Amazing writing, characters and dialogue options. Do not play this game in stealth mode, just run-n-gun with dual-wield SMGs and have fun. Pick all sarcastic and aggressive dialogue options. Yes this game allows you to kill people other games would never allow you to betray or kill (your allies). Multiple endings. I guarantee you will have a blast this way. 7.5/10

Binary Domain: Amazing soundtrack and gameplay. Underrated and forgotten but like the other two SEGA games on this list is great. Did I say this has an amazing soundtrack? 7.5/10

Mar 6, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #6,695 of 6,937
I started playing A Plague Tale: Requiem. I really like it. I like the art style (general presentation is excellent!), and the game is designed quite well. The level designs and puzzles seem well thought out. Main issue I have with it is the combat doesn't have as much depth as The Last of Us, but it's hard to achieve that level of combat fluidity. Also, the quality of the dialog isn't good. It's not The Last of Us level of quality of dialog. Stealth is a lot of fun and same with the rat puzzles. I would recommend. I know the beginning of the game is slow and very linear with a lot of hand-holding, but I think it's a very lengthy tutorial. Once you get past this, the game get much better. The Last of Us Part I started off quite slow as well.

IMO, this game and The Last of Us series demonstrate how these kinds of game are next evolution of what movies were. They truely feel like an interactive movie with engaging gameplay, well balanced with great vistual presentation.

Damn, this game just gets better and more engaging as you play. The story and dialog gets better. One of the most beautiful games I've ever laid my eyes on. The lighting on the visuals is amazing! The dynamic range. The design of the world, atmosphere, costumes, it has it all. Probably taken from historical accurate references.

Oh and the sound. Just excellent!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #6,696 of 6,937
Final Fantasy VII and of course it is 10/10. I mean original. I will value remake when it will be developed completely. And now we have Rebirth and i think that it do the job perfectly, different from original but still good enough and also this game is huge. So i need to have some rest from it, like mayb playing The Wild Machine and other small games in order to have rest and also to kill time. They are also good games in my opinion

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #6,697 of 6,937
If you appreciate beautiful visuals, I highly recommend A Plague Tale series. Every scenery is like a medevil painting with the right colors, lighting (shading) and dynamic range. I can tell a lot of work went into making it look historically accurate, and the composition of the objects in the scenes. Just amazing! This is how vistuals should be done for AAA games. Not some copy and paste non-sense.

The visuals are not made to look completely realistic, but look like a rich painting you see in museums. Pay attention to the animation of the animals. It's pretty crazy the level of details in the movements.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #6,698 of 6,937
If you appreciate beautiful visuals, I highly recommend A Plague Tale series. Every scenery is like a medevil painting with the right colors, lighting (shading) and dynamic range. I can tell a lot of work went into making it look historically accurate, and the composition of the objects in the scenes. Just amazing! This is how vistuals should be done for AAA games. Not some copy and paste non-sense.

The visuals are not made to look completely realistic, but look like a rich painting you see in museums. Pay attention to the animation of the animals. It's pretty crazy the level of details in the movements.

Played the 1st game, absolutely loved it!
Need to wait for a price drop.
How long was it for you to beat it?

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #6,699 of 6,937
Played the 1st game, absolutely loved it!
Need to wait for a price drop.
How long was it for you to beat it?
It's on Gamepass along with Wo Long. Took me 20 hours. It's at least twice the first one and less linear and has various difficulty levels. Hard mode isn't so bad.

Visuals are amazing. Probaly a one rare studio today have artistic sense in design.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #6,700 of 6,937
Finished up Wo Long. It's actually pretty fun once you get the parry down, and it took me 3/4 of the game to get used to parrying the difficult enemies. After running into them so many times throughout the game, I managed to get used to the parry timing of the various enemies. The level design is better than Team Ninja's previous games. They hid the loot in interesting ways.

You can look at Parry like the Mikiri counter from Sekiro, but it would finish with a crit. It's well designed, very satisfying when you pull off the Parry. This unique parry mechanic makes the combat fun.

However, the Bosses are underwhelming.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #6,701 of 6,937
Got back on Nioh 2 after Wo Long. It's a really annoying game for a first timer, but if you dig into the game, there are lots of tools to make the game much easier than keep having a frustrating time over and over again. Nioh 2 is a much more complex game than any FromSoft game, so there is a huge learning curve to be good at the game. Controls are complex, loot is over abundant, there are mechanics are are very complex you need to figure out in order to level up your gear properly. There's so much! Probably the most complex RPG I've ever played. Be ready to learn a lot! You have to do a lot of research to learn the important things.

For example, I was struggling hard with one of the bosses. And then I learned that in the dark realm, it's best to attack Yokai with Yokai abilities. I was hardly doing damage before that. This is the kind of stuff that's in Nioh 2 that would frustrate you if you are not aware of some of the mechanics that game will not tell you. It's worse than FromSoft game in not telling you things.

It takes a particular type of gamer to get through this game, a gamer that perseveres (it will take more than a FromSoft game). You will run into a lot of brick walls that you have to figure out to get over. There are many tools given, but the game will not tell you how to apply them. I believe that's the satisfaction of the game is figuring out the applications of the tools, and I believe people get satisfaction from this sort of gameplay. Not for the casual.

This is a good guide, and you should also look at combat guides out there as well. I was pretty dumb when I started playing this game. Got me so frustrated.

This is the kind of game a FromSoft fan would quickly get frustrated and blame the game as bad design. But, if one tries hard to figure out it's mechanics, the game is simpler than it initially appears. Similar to a lot of initially complex looking things in this world.

Lots of one shotting enemies in this game. Lots of fatal combos they randomly do that you. That's the most frustrating aspect of the game. The objective is to get creative around that. Along with FromSoft games, not your ordinary game. Do you want to keep playing 'ordinary games,' or challenge yourself and get more satisfaction for your efforts? These hard hitting combos are basically takes back to difficulty of NES games. They try to achieve that level of difficulty in the modern era of games. Such level of challenges are not so common these days due to Western gaming design making games too easy.

I believe these kind of game teach you a lot of things. Perseverance, and knowing to try different things if you run into a brick wall, If you keep playing ordinary games, your mind just does ordinary things (it's not really engaged). So I believe it's better for one's mental capacity to play these types of games compared to ordinary games.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #6,702 of 6,937
About 1/2 way through WO Long now (I'm a bit of a completionist). YOu hit on the big thing Wo Long and Nioh are terrible about explaining or giving you info. THat makes it so much more frustrating but there is you tube so it can all be explained but that shouldn't fall on the communities shoulders.

Mar 19, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #6,703 of 6,937
Fuzzy Bearbarian is probably the most creative gamer I've ever seen. He good at coming up with the most efficient way to beat the toughest bosses. I don't know how he thinks these up. I'm really struggling with this boss.

Mar 26, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #6,704 of 6,937
Resident Evil 4 Remake -

I got caught up in the hype and got a copy. I got to say, I'm underwhelmed. I've read that the controls are improved from the original, but still the controls feels like it's from early 2000s. We have moved onto to better controls like in The Last of Us. Also, the level design has become much greater in size, like in The Last of Us.

This game is just a bunch of narrow corridors with a bunch of mob showing up over and over again. I think this is why I didn't find the original all that engaging. It's a typical linear game with cutscenes, quick time like button indicators during combat. Combat being very clunky with bad aiming controls. This feels like the early 2000s. And then all they do for adding tension is pitting you in a small area with enemies that keeps spawning. It's not very well thought out. I saw all this in even in the trailers and previews, and was very skeptical of this game. Now I know, I don't like this game.

Combat in this is early 2000s. Now we have very fluid combat like in The Last of Us. I can't go back to this janky combat system.

Also, the character development is lacking. No real story, and just all in all bland presentation. Corny dialog. Predictable scare/designs. It's old. Nothing new. Cliche looking characters.

Boss attacks are telegraphed. Dated Japanese game design.

I can't believe this game is rated 93 on Metacritic. This game has old mechanics. Very underwhelming experience. I was hoping it would surprise me like Deadspace Remake, but this one just feels 2000s.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #6,705 of 6,937
Octopath Traveler 2. It's a more of the same, but this time it pulled me in straight away (started with Throné, now experiencing Osvald first chapters).
Soundtrack is amazing like the first game - make sure to use your hi-end headphones or speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back