Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 4, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #6,647 of 6,937
What's the better rhythm games with more audiophile soundtracks out there?

Tried some bad rhythm games over the years but never tried any good.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #6,648 of 6,937
After playing through a few hours of it, I realize that the game is super easy even hard the harder difficulty. It's an example of a modern easy game mechanics.

Also, the gameplay is nothing special. The gameplay is definately underwhelming than I recall with my first playthrough. Story, dialog and production is good, but the gameplay is repetitive and boring. But, I think when it came out for PS3, it was revolutionary for it's time. It looks really good for it's time when I look at the videos of the PS3 release. Very impressive technologically for it's time. I guess Soulsborne really ruins the experience with many games for me.
I had to edit this post of The Last of US Part 1.

It's been a long time since I played the remastered version on the PS4, and just realized that the game actually starts getting good after you meet Bill. Anyway, I take back what I said, the game has a poor start as for gameplay, and it's after when you meet Bill, that's when you see the strengths of the game.

Still, as far as core game mechanics, it's pretty much the same as the original, and plays the same that, I would be fine with the remastered version from the PS4. I'm somewhat disappointed in the graphics improvements. I was expecting to be blown away. I was blown away by The Last of US part 2 on the PS4, and I think in general it is better than the first, even the remake due to how everything was made from scratch. I understand there is more textures on the part 1 remake, but I think the foundation of part 2 is technically better because it was made with later generation hardware. Part 1 remake looks like it just got blanketed with more detailed textures, but doesn't feel that much better from remastered version from PS4.

But yeah, when I got to the basement and got trapped with stalkers and bloater chasing after me (scared the crap out of me), then I realized that, it's this kind of scenario that makes The Last of Us special.

AI really doesn't feel improved. They feel like they do different action, and it's because the AI know your location. I don't like their action is influend by knowing your location. Also, I don't like the harder modes relying too much on melee since the items are scarce. I would like to use my range weapons (guns, rifles) more than keep hitting them with bricks or pipes. This gets repitative, and they should have design the level around it for us to diversify weapon type applications. I really like using the shiv, but abundance of shivs would make the game too easy. I do wish that there were more thought into the level design, so that we would be more obligated to be more creative and apply special items more.

When I hear Ellie make smart remarks to Bill (it's just great), I realized why we bond with the characters. The is a rare game that the side character's dialog is essential to the story, and makes you feel a bond with them. Ellie's action and dialog are just fun to watch. I really like Ellie's interaction with other characters. Character development is quite amazing. In the sequel, Ellie gets older, and loses that charm that the children have. I think that is what makes the first game so great, and I see why people lose the interest in the characters in the sequel. The first is adored by many due to young version of Ellie, and her dynamics with other characters, especially Joel.

If the sequel used a similar formula, and had grown-up Ellie with a young kid as the tag along, would that still work? I do not believe it would work just as well. I believe the original worked well due to Joel being a middle aged man.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #6,649 of 6,937
What's the better rhythm games with more audiophile soundtracks out there?

Tried some bad rhythm games over the years but never tried any good.
I like audiosurf, you use your own music and then it is like part tetras part guitar hero. There is also a shooter that reacts and adjust to your music Beat Hazard.

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #6,650 of 6,937
I like audiosurf, you use your own music and then it is like part tetras part guitar hero. There is also a shooter that reacts and adjust to your music Beat Hazard.
Beat Hazard is amazing!

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #6,651 of 6,937
That sound epic.

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #6,652 of 6,937
My wife and I use to always play this while listening to music...it is fun.

I just started playing Metro Last Light Redux and it has been fun so far

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #6,655 of 6,937
Started playing the early access for Hogwarts Legacy. I'm pretty pleased so far; the game shows a lot of promise. The first hour or so is all tutorial stuff, of course, so it's hard to really judge it, but the fundamentals seem to be here.

20230207104332_1.jpg

20230207104510_1.jpg

20230207111114_1.jpg

I find myself very impressed by the quality of the PC port. It supports things like raytracing, DLSS/FSR, and even XeSS, and runs extremely well. I got burned by The Witcher 3's next gen update, and how poorly it runs, so this is a breath of fresh air.

Edit: Looks like I may have spoke too soon. Performance when moving from room to room in Hogwarts itself can be extremely poor. Seems to be an asset streaming/culling issue, maybe? The poor performance picks up after you've been in a room a while, so it almost seems like the game is having issues purging previous data or something. Hopefully this can be fixed with a patch.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #6,656 of 6,937
If you do let us know what you think. I was curious about it.
Right now, it's not on top of my list. Based on the video, I know what to expect. It seems cliche open world games we have today. Nothing innovative it seems. People tend to jump on these types of games.

Really enjoyed Last of Us Part I, and now I will be playing Dead Space. Right now, I'm more interested in Wo Long when it drops. Just read that Wo Long demo is coming out on 2/28!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #6,657 of 6,937
For once I'm glad I have an Arc video card, as running the game on it provides a more consistent experience than my RTX 3080ti. I've been seeing complaints online that running the game with an AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU is causing the performance issues, and that seems to be the case. Not as much horsepower on this card, of course, so I can't crank the settings, but I can get it looking and running pretty well.

20230208095928_1.jpg

This game is a little different from other open-world games in that it's not so much focused on combat and exploration of huge spaces, but more about puzzle solving and treasure hunting. It's very mellow in that regard, so I'm really enjoying my time with it.

Oddly enough, despite the combat not being the focus, I think it's really well done. I'm hoping that as the game goes on combat will play a bigger part (I'm about 6 hours in at this point).

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #6,658 of 6,937
This game is a little different from other open-world games in that it's not so much focused on combat and exploration of huge spaces, but more about puzzle solving and treasure hunting. It's very mellow in that regard, so I'm really enjoying my time with it.

Oddly enough, despite the combat not being the focus, I think it's really well done. I'm hoping that as the game goes on combat will play a bigger part (I'm about 6 hours in at this point).
Thanks for this info. Two aspects I enjoy the most. So, it doesn't seem like a game I would be into.

The new LoZ looks more the same. I didn't like the first one, especially after being familiar with Soulsborne. I don't think LoZ can reach the level of FromSoft games in terms of innovation.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #6,659 of 6,937
Upon further playing, I'd say it's more combat and exploration-based than I first gave it credit for. The world is actually gargantuan, with what seems to be a good amount of things to do. It's still hard to say for certain, since the game drip-feeds content to you, even 10 hours in.

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #6,660 of 6,937
Upon further playing, I'd say it's more combat and exploration-based than I first gave it credit for. The world is actually gargantuan, with what seems to be a good amount of things to do. It's still hard to say for certain, since the game drip-feeds content to you, even 10 hours in.
Personally, I don't care if the world is huge. I like good thought out areas that is setup for exploration. I like hidden areas, secrets, hidden items, etc.. And also combat to make the majority of the time you spend on the game at least engaging. I'm not fan of walking around chatting with npcs. I don't see any point in talking to scripted AI, unless it's something brilliantly done like The Last of Us.

I would not play Elden Ring again due to the open world being a chore to get through. I want good dungeon designs to get lost inside for exploration. I find well designed dungeons to be better due to control you have over the design over a wide open world, which feel like a walking simulator.

A good game design is a no nonsense design that gives quality for your time, not some walking simulator in a open world. Witcher 3, Red Dead 2 were just too dull for me. I also hate anime trope jrpgs as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back