Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #4,771 of 6,938
Dragon Age: Inquisition, 9/10; Very impressive game with engaging cinematics. Massive world to explore, and much to discover even after 100 hours. I admit, the size of this map seems overwhelming, at times.

GTA V for PS4, 9.5/10; Wonderful sandbox with enhanced visuals and mechanics over the last gen version. Having a blast with this one.

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #4,772 of 6,938
Latest endeavors: The evil within. Pokemon Black/white/Y Soon Alpha Sapphire
The Evil Within 7/10 good and scaring the piss out of you trashy storyline.
Pokemon 9/10 No complaints

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #4,774 of 6,938
Splinter Cell (PC version on Steam)
9/10 would highly recommend to people who like stealth-based games (it took me 39 hours to beat on normal difficulty while trying to avoid killing people)

I can't really comment on the graphics because I've played pretty much zero PC games from the 2002 era. It looked surprisingly good to me for a game of its age.

When it comes to politics and government-related stuff, my brain just freezes up, but the story seemed straight-forward enough to get the basic idea across. I can't pronounce the names of anyone but Sam Fisher though, hahaha.

Minor nitpicks:
  • The voice actors for the Chinese characters sounded absolutely terrible
  • The stealth/detection system seemed to vary from enemy to enemy from place to place. Sometimes an enemy doing their patrol route would go slightly further and investigate a body in a stealth bar 1 area. Another What moment was near the end of the game in the butcher's freezer: enemies can see you straight through the "fog" even if you can't without using the thermal vision.
  • The lighting for the Steam PC version I have seems really dark. If I turn up the brightness, colours start to become desaturated; turn up the gamma and things look overly bright. I watched a playthrough of Splinter Cell on YouTube and the uploaded played the HD version of the game on the PlayStation 3 console. The colours and lighting in that version look much better.

Major con:
There's only one for me: sometimes I was absolutely clueless as to where to go. While this is good for exploring the map, sometimes a little guidance would have helped me a lot. As mentioned, I watched a playthrough of it on YouTube for when I got really stuck in some places.

Major pro:
This was the first Splinter Cell game I've played, and the first stealth-based game I've played. I love the many ways you can approach a situation in this game and the freedom you have with how to proceed. You can choose to act with non-lethal methods, or go with lethal options. You can save at one point and go through an area, restart from that checkpoint and play the area again with a different strategy.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #4,775 of 6,938
Splinter Cell (PC version on Steam)
9/10 would highly recommend to people who like stealth-based games (it took me 39 hours to beat on normal difficulty while trying to avoid killing people)

I can't really comment on the graphics because I've played pretty much zero PC games from the 2002 era. It looked surprisingly good to me for a game of its age.

When it comes to politics and government-related stuff, my brain just freezes up, but the story seemed straight-forward enough to get the basic idea across. I can't pronounce the names of anyone but Sam Fisher though, hahaha.

Minor nitpicks:
  1. The voice actors for the Chinese characters sounded absolutely terrible
  2. The stealth/detection system seemed to vary from enemy to enemy from place to place. Sometimes an enemy doing their patrol route would go slightly further and investigate a body in a stealth bar 1 area. Another What moment was near the end of the game in the butcher's freezer: enemies can see you straight through the "fog" even if you can't without using the thermal vision.
  3. The lighting for the Steam PC version I have seems really dark. If I turn up the brightness, colours start to become desaturated; turn up the gamma and things look overly bright. I watched a playthrough of Splinter Cell on YouTube and the uploaded played the HD version of the game on the PlayStation 3 console. The colours and lighting in that version look much better.

Major con:
There's only one for me: sometimes I was absolutely clueless as to where to go. While this is good for exploring the map, sometimes a little guidance would have helped me a lot. As mentioned, I watched a playthrough of it on YouTube for when I got really stuck in some places.

Major pro:
This was the first Splinter Cell game I've played, and the first stealth-based game I've played. I love the many ways you can approach a situation in this game and the freedom you have with how to proceed. You can choose to act with non-lethal methods, or go with lethal options. You can save at one point and go through an area, restart from that checkpoint and play the area again with a different strategy.

I own splinter cell, pandora tomorrow and chaos theory. All were amazing games. Unfortunatelly after those, the rest were rather boring for me.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #4,776 of 6,938
Got the Eidos Package (34 games nad DLCs for 41,95 Euro).
Been playing Hitman Codename 47 and HItman Absolution to compare them.
I think Id rate HItman Codename 47 at 8.7/10 and HItman Absolution at 7/10.

I love how meticulous you have to be in Hitman 47 unless you want to risk all out war.
Hitman absolution makes little sense to me: you can shoot everyone outside a house, and inside no one is on high alert, but when you use a disguise, all the guards are able to realize you are not one of them.
I played Hitman 47 till I ended the first part (hong kong), and that took me around 3 hours, and I died 4 times. (Easy difficulty).
I played absolution untill I ended the first mission, took me under 30 minutes on highest difficulty without dieing once...

Ill see today what Else is tehre in that package that is worth the time to play.

EDIT (Btw, id spend that case on codename 47 alone, as long as it works as well as it does. only thing Im missing is FULL HD support, the game uses old 4:3 monitor aspect ratios :D).

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #4,777 of 6,938
  Got the Eidos Package (34 games nad DLCs for 41,95 Euro).
Been playing Hitman Codename 47 and HItman Absolution to compare them.
I think Id rate HItman Codename 47 at 8.7/10 and HItman Absolution at 7/10.

I love how meticulous you have to be in Hitman 47 unless you want to risk all out war.
Hitman absolution makes little sense to me: you can shoot everyone outside a house, and inside no one is on high alert, but when you use a disguise, all the guards are able to realize you are not one of them.
I played Hitman 47 till I ended the first part (hong kong), and that took me around 3 hours, and I died 4 times. (Easy difficulty).
I played absolution untill I ended the first mission, took me under 30 minutes on highest difficulty without dieing once...

Ill see today what Else is tehre in that package that is worth the time to play.

EDIT (Btw, id spend that case on codename 47 alone, as long as it works as well as it does. only thing Im missing is FULL HD support, the game uses old 4:3 monitor aspect ratios :D).

Absolution was mostly awful, but it had a couple of cool levels. You'll want to try the Blood Money. Hands down best in the series and hasn't aged badly.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #4,778 of 6,938

Absolution was mostly awful, but it had a couple of cool levels. You'll want to try the Blood Money. Hands down best in the series and hasn't aged badly.

I have the full collection thx to Eidos Package, so eventually ill get to blood money :D.

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #4,779 of 6,938
  I own splinter cell, pandora tomorrow and chaos theory. All were amazing games. Unfortunatelly after those, the rest were rather boring for me.

Chaos Theory is a true gem in every sense of the word IMHO. For me though the hook has always been MP - still my favorite MP game of all-time (and Chaos theory was the best entry of them all) Splinter cell:double agent had a new type of MP and although fun was vastly different than those before it. The reboots Conviction and Blacklist take some getting used to as the sp has changed significantly (to keep up with the 'Joneses' and other modern games). The new reboot of Spies vs Mercs in Blacklist is awesome but as the game didn't meet sales goals Ubi has not turned out any map packs or added a patch allowing  blacklist mode for the classic 2v2 - either way it is still so much fun if you can get a good group of similar skill levels together.

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #4,783 of 6,938
  Gta5 ps4..it's worth getting again even though you have already play this on last gen..it's just a more polished game on next gen!

Just gonna wait for the PC version, which will be coming any day now...
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #4,784 of 6,938
  Just gonna wait for the PC version, which will be coming any day now...
biggrin.gif

I dont think Ill be getting GTA V. Dosent look to me like anything I havent played so many times in the previous GTAs. My favorite is still vice city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back