Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 11, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #4,277 of 6,939
I've seen PS2s at under $50 in stores before, what? The 360 is under $150 now.

I think the playstation 2 msrp is still well over $50.  Finding one used is probably pretty easy though.

Also, isn't the 360 msrp still around $200?

If you all are talking about used prices, then those are completely reasonable, but as far as retail goes they are a little off.

The only thing holding me back from buying a 360 for the exclusives is xbox live, but I should probably just cave and buy one =/

May 12, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #4,278 of 6,939
Dead Island
Graphics 7/10
Audio 8/10
Story 6/10
Gameplay 7.5/10
I don't like Zombie games unless it's Last Of Us seriously, guys, Last of Us is freaking awesome this game is llike no other!
Last of Us
Graphics 10/10
Audio 10/10
Story 10/10
Gameplay 10/10 (including the online play)
I'm playing it again because I gave it myself a perfect 10!!! This game deserves a perfect 10 and deserves to be the game of the year. This is the only game that I praised so much.

May 12, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #4,279 of 6,939
It might've been a used

I think the playstation 2 msrp is still well over $50.  Finding one used is probably pretty easy though.

Also, isn't the 360 msrp still around $200?

If you all are talking about used prices, then those are completely reasonable, but as far as retail goes they are a little off.

The only thing holding me back from buying a 360 for the exclusives is xbox live, but I should probably just cave and buy one =/

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-360-4GB-Console/25843556

I think I've seen a 360 at $150. I definitely saw a PS2 under 50 but it might've been used, didn't really look hard because it's a PS2 haha. If a 360 is anywhere under $100 I'll probably snag one. Games will still be expensive though. I think I have a discount for the console though. I'll have to double check :3

TLOU story is 10/10 (haven't finished yet T_T, still stuck)
gameplay is a bit harder. I would say 8.5-9.5/10 because it didn't really detract or enhance the experience of the storyline that much. I'm also stuck at a point because it got too hard haha. there are a bunch of pretty neat ideas though, but a lot of things just not perfect - the scavenge materials for one just seem out of place.

May 12, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #4,280 of 6,939
The audio is nice, bro. How the characters speak and the soundtrack too. You won't appreciate it if you are just using the speakers of your television. I didn't had a hard time playing it and I never was stuck in nay part of the game.

May 12, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #4,281 of 6,939
I honestly think it's a little overrated. Maybe it's just me. None the less,it was still a good game. Scared the crap outta me.
For me
Graphics-10/10 for console. Compared to an older PC game though running on ultra it's like a 5/10. Pretty bad by PC standards.
Gameplay-8/10. Pretty challenging.
Story-8/10. Better than most I guess.
Didn't really pay attention to audio.

You know what is overrated? GTA-V is the overrated people was so hyped about the game so much because of the advertisement ( I too was hyped lol ) Youwill get bored playing it eventually. It is fun though if you play online with your friends. :D

May 12, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #4,284 of 6,939
GTA San Andreas is better

Weeeeeeeell, bro. I don't thinks so. lol. I mean, of course more people enjoy modern games with it's modern technology right? Like for example of course majority of the gamers would choose to play Saints Row 4 (the parody of GTA-V) rather than GTA San Andreas. It's like you have to move-on, bro. Haha. I still have my ps1 and ps2 in my house it's like my treasure but I don't play them anymore because modern games for me is so much fun and is sooo much better than the older ones. Just deal with it you know it's like breaking up with your girlfriend it hurts a lot buuuut you'll eventually feel better when you moved on. LOL.

May 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #4,286 of 6,939
  Dead Island
Graphics 7/10
Audio 8/10
Story 6/10
Gameplay 7.5/10
I don't like Zombie games unless it's Last Of Us seriously, guys, Last of Us is freaking awesome this game is llike no other!
Last of Us
Graphics 10/10
Audio 10/10
Story 10/10
Gameplay 10/10 (including the online play)
I'm playing it again because I gave it myself a perfect 10!!! This game deserves a perfect 10 and deserves to be the game of the year. This is the only game that I praised so much.

I will be getting the last of us remastered version for the ps4..i came from xbox360 so i never played the first one..looking forward to it!

May 13, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #4,287 of 6,939
Graphics-10/10 for console. Compared to an older PC game though running on ultra it's like a 5/10. Pretty bad by PC standards.

what PC games look so drastically better?

May 13, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #4,288 of 6,939
That's nonsense. TLOU definitely doesn't look like trash. The thing that makes the most difference between console and pc games is the resolution. I'm both a pc and console gamer and while the lower resolution bothers me sometimes in the case of TLOU it's not that bad. Now, in shooters like COD and BF the developers have to reduce a lot of the texture quality to get a decent playable fps but for for games like TLOU it's not such an issue, so graphics are still very impressive given ps3's hardware. For reference a pc with ps3's hardware can't pull off anything like that with more than 5-10fps. And that Oblivion video is irrelevant in this case coz first of all, last gen Oblivion was one of the first next game that came out and used Pixel Shader 3.0 and second of all, this isn't how the game looked in 2006. This is the ultra graphics mod that was released several years later and needed something that cost three times as much as the ps3 to run properly. Some elitists will always whine about tessalation and dynamic lightning and such but in the end a next gen console costs less than a decent pc video card - I just spent 700 bucks to upgrade my pc last week and that's pretty much both a ps4 and xbox one.

May 13, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #4,289 of 6,939
  That's nonsense. TLOU definitely doesn't look like trash. The thing that makes the most difference between console and pc games is the resolution. I'm both a pc and console gamer and while the lower resolution bothers me sometimes in the case of TLOU it's not that bad. Now, in shooters like COD and BF the developers have to reduce a lot of the texture quality to get a decent playable fps but for for games like TLOU it's not such an issue, so graphics are still very impressive given ps3's hardware. For reference a pc with ps3's hardware can't pull off anything like that with more than 5-10fps. And that Oblivion video is irrelevant in this case coz first of all, last gen Oblivion was one of the first next game that came out and used Pixel Shader 3.0 and second of all, this isn't how the game looked in 2006. This is the ultra graphics mod that was released several years later and needed something that cost three times as much as the ps3 to run properly. Some elitists will always whine about tessalation and dynamic lightning and such but in the end a next gen console costs less than a decent pc video card - I just spent 700 bucks to upgrade my pc last week and that's pretty much both a ps4 and xbox one.

That's right. I totally agree with you

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back