Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 18, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #5,897 of 6,943
Total War: WARHAMMER 2, with the first game and all DLCs, is such a mind blowing and awesome game. So much diverse content in campaign gameplay, battle gameplay, terrain, and we don't even have the third game yet. I also made this really cool gif from it today (doesn't seem like gfycat can be embedded here for some reason).

https://gfycat.com/CarelessRareCrownofthornsstarfish

I also started Subnautica, a game a lot of people will like. It is another open world crafting/survival game, but crafting is very easy and quick and not as grindey, and what stands out most about it is the biodiversity. It takes place on an alien all ocean planet, and the amount of life you find in the ocean (which can technically be explored down to around 3000m but I think you die really quickly after around 2000m no matter what submarine you have) is just unparalleled. They went all out on development to the point where one of the developers said he doesn't even know if the game will profit at all.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #5,899 of 6,943
So Deliverance Kingdom Come is pretty freakin sweet. I feel like it’s a really well thought out game. I just wish there were 40 hours in a day so I can have time to play it longer.

Anyone else get a chance to play it??

I feel like it’s Oblivion without magic and way more in depth.

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #5,901 of 6,943
So Deliverance Kingdom Come is pretty freakin sweet. I feel like it’s a really well thought out game. I just wish there were 40 hours in a day so I can have time to play it longer.

Anyone else get a chance to play it??

I feel like it’s Oblivion without magic and way more in depth.

I plan to give it a try, but I'm going to wait for a sale later in the year and clear up my backlog in the meantime. I definitely prefer fantasy settings, but I'm curious if it's a good enough RPG for me. Every RPG since Fallout: New Vegas in 2010 was a huge disappointment in my opinion, so little role-playing in them.

Any racing fans? I've been hooked on Project Cars 2 that just came out last November. After the recent bug patch I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Running this on a PC with HTC Vive VR, and Fanatec wheel system.

I'm waiting to get a VR headset before playing more Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. I also have a Fanatec wheel system, tons of fun but I just need that VR. I will likely end up with the HTC Vive Pro.

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #5,902 of 6,943
I plan to give it a try, but I'm going to wait for a sale later in the year and clear up my backlog in the meantime. I definitely prefer fantasy settings, but I'm curious if it's a good enough RPG for me. Every RPG since Fallout: New Vegas in 2010 was a huge disappointment in my opinion, so little role-playing in them.

I'm waiting to get a VR headset before playing more Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. I also have a Fanatec wheel system, tons of fun but I just need that VR. I will likely end up with the HTC Vive Pro.
How did you feel about Fallout 4? If you’re looking for a lot of choices in dialogue this might be your cup of tea.

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #5,903 of 6,943
Speaking of Fallout 4, I am a big fan and jumped on the VR version when it came out. It's very immersive in VR, they did a good job porting. But playing the same scenario gets old no matter how immersive it is, plus my back hurts from standing/walking around for hours in this game. It's an excellent choice if you haven't experience Fallout 4 already.

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #5,904 of 6,943
Speaking of Fallout 4, I am a big fan and jumped on the VR version when it came out. It's very immersive in VR, they did a good job porting. But playing the same scenario gets old no matter how immersive it is, plus my back hurts from standing/walking around for hours in this game. It's an excellent choice if you haven't experience Fallout 4 already.

Yeah that is why I have no interest in it. I have played a vorpx version and despite the bugs that entail it was borderline I decided to play it over my regular monitor. However why stand sit in a office chair with smooth swivel is the way to go. Roomscale in all it´s glory but standing for 200h? Sure it´s good if you sit a lot in the job because there is less health issues with standing to much. And you are actually moving some :)

Feb 22, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #5,905 of 6,943

Yeah that is why I have no interest in it. I have played a vorpx version and despite the bugs that entail it was borderline I decided to play it over my regular monitor. However why stand sit in a office chair with smooth swivel is the way to go. Roomscale in all it´s glory but standing for 200h? Sure it´s good if you sit a lot in the job because there is less health issues with standing to much. And you are actually moving some :)

This is for both of you- Will it be possibly to have quick enough reaction time swiveling in a chair in that game? Because if that's a possibility then I feel like that would be win win.

I could see having to stand and play would get annoying after a while.

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #5,906 of 6,943
This is for both of you- Will it be possibly to have quick enough reaction time swiveling in a chair in that game? Because if that's a possibility then I feel like that would be win win.

I could see having to stand and play would get annoying after a while.
If you have a chair without armrest there is not much to remove your agility. Sure some titles like superhot Vr you do want to be standing or you will be handicapped :)

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #5,907 of 6,943
Tales from the Borderlands 9/10 (PS4 Pro) - Probably the best Telltale game I've played so far and one of the funniest games I've ever played.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered 7,5/10 (PS4 Pro) - Uncharted 2 improved significantly from the first one with much better controls, but the platforming sections are still sometimes annoying and it has too many ridiculous bullet-sponge enemies.

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #5,908 of 6,943
The Last of Us: Remastered and Left Behind 10/10 (PS4) - What a fantastic story, cast, and setting. Sure, the zombie genre in general is wearing a bit thin, but it was done tastefully and with great mechanics.
Mass Effect: Andromeda (6/10) (PS4) - An above average overall experience. Voice acting and actual length of game stood out (bang for buck). Motion capture and animation in general a slight disappointment, missions and objectives are very repetitive, and lack of support led to overall score.
Just Cause 3 (9/10) (PS4) - This game is a total blast from the very beginning! Enormous open world and almost all of it is destructible. Not very difficult once the mechanics are mastered, but some objectives are challenging.

Feb 27, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #5,909 of 6,943
How did you feel about Fallout 4? If you’re looking for a lot of choices in dialogue this might be your cup of tea.

Fallout 4 unmodded only showcases impressive level design and visual art design, and pretty good fundamental mechanics leading to a decent light survival game and shooter but nothing great in either regard. Then the writing is abysmal and it has so little role-playing that it's hard to even call it an RPG. Pretty pathetic in those last two regards in my opinion, especially compared to its predecessors.

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #5,910 of 6,943
Speaking of fallout, i never played the first 2 on PC. I would suspect that the role playing and writing would be way better in those.

For an open world and how fluid it was I really liked Fallout as a shooter. Something that I enjoyed the most was the fact that you could go into a really interesting town and read about what happened to the town through the people’s computers. I thought that was really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back