Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #14,207 of 24,651
  Nightmare Before Chistmas - 9/10

Loved the simply store with such a interesting more deep meaning. Oh and the visuals from Tim Burtons always work so well for me. 

Feel free to expand on those deeper meanings [or what you felt they where]

Watched

White House Down
7/10
I jumped a few times, not a bad movie. As other's have said a fun watch, the story was mildy interesting. The comedy wasn't too offensive, nothing special but not horrible. Worth watching with friends though, as a group of people make these... block buster cookie cutter movies better imo! 

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #14,208 of 24,651
Gravity 3D 9.5/10

After hearing so much praise about the 3-D version of the movie, I thought I'd try it.

Yes, its better. The level of immersion is realistic, and its present 80% of the time. The 3D enhances the vastness of space.

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #14,210 of 24,651
  Feel free to expand on those deeper meanings [or what you felt they where]

Watched

White House Down
7/10
I jumped a few times, not a bad movie. As other's have said a fun watch, the story was mildy interesting. The comedy wasn't too offensive, nothing special but not horrible. Worth watching with friends though, as a group of people make these... block buster cookie cutter movies better imo! 

When I have some more free time I will. And thanks for showing interest!

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #14,211 of 24,651
Les Miserables 3/10.

I am fascinated what self esteem the hollywood actors have. I mean if I know I just can´t sing I wouldn´t dare to say yes to such a project. Requires balls of steel. The ears bleed every minute of this as Russel crow singer, Wolverine and their partners totally destroy each number.
10th anniversary edition sound way better then 25th anniversary edition at spotify. Listening to the movie soundtrack after that truly make you cringe...

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #14,212 of 24,651
  Les Miserables 3/10.
The ears bleed every minute of this as Russel crow singer, Wolverine and their partners totally destroy each number.

LOL

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #14,213 of 24,651
  Les Miserables 3/10.

I am fascinated what self esteem the hollywood actors have. I mean if I know I just can´t sing I wouldn´t dare to say yes to such a project. Requires balls of steel. The ears bleed every minute of this as Russel crow singer, Wolverine and their partners totally destroy each number.
10th anniversary edition sound way better then 25th anniversary edition at spotify. Listening to the movie soundtrack after that truly make you cringe...

LOL +2

LOL

I see you scored the LCD-2
beerchug.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #14,216 of 24,651
I saw this film had a critic score that was significantly higher than the consumer score at RT, and often times that is not a good sign. I decided to give it a chance anyway, and I ended up discovering one of the most interesting films I've seen in quite a while. I can understand why only half of the consumers gave it a fresh rating, cause in many ways it's a very disturbing movie with a central character who has some pretty significant issues. That being said, I feel it was very well acted, smartly directed, and also very accurately portrayed. Most of us have felt the sting of a break-up, and most of us understand how it can be possible to become consumed by the pain, confusion, and desperation of being broken up with. That's where we find our protagonist as the movie begins, and where it goes from there is extremely interesting and disturbing. It's sort of a Kubrick-esque/noir/psych type film, if that makes any sense...and for those of you who dig that sort of thing, I very highly recommend it. 

"Simon Killer" - 8.9/10

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #14,219 of 24,651
  Can't believe there's only like two people on here that have seen Captain Phillips
frown.gif

Its the effect Gravity is having on most movies.

Also, Captain Phillips hasn't been as widely released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back