Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #11,851 of 24,655
I dunno about this. I saw it in 2D and still thought it was a very worthwhile experience--though yes, the story is still the weakest aspect of the whole production. Not sure how 3D improves the story, though. :p
Quote:
3D is the *only* version worth watching. Otherwise you might find the story a bit simple, boring even.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #11,852 of 24,655
Watched Taken again. 6/10

I like the movie. The 20 year old actress trying to be a 17 year old pours on the teenage thing a bit too much (okay a lot too much). Running around and squealing waving her arms around like a 9year old girl who just drank daddy's expresso is not good acting. I don't know of any 17 year old with all of their mental faculties who acts like that (perhaps she was portraying a mentally disabled person?).

I don't like things that are too impossible and the story itself had quite a few "pffffrrrt! yea right!" moments in it but I still enjoyed it but unfortunately this girls nearly ruins the movie for me. Luckily she was only in a few scenes and was drugged through most of her parts at the end so she didn't open her mouth. Really the worst performance I have ever seen in modern box office film.

Other than that I found it entertaining even though you have to be mentally prepared for mindless impossibilities like most movies today.
(you beat up a guy, steal a taxi, and the guy you are chasing gets killed by a bus at an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT! and the cops don't bother to pull up and ask you What?)

Great story overall and some good lines and scenes.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #11,853 of 24,655
lol, that girl was annoying as all hell...

And I agree, you certainly have to suspend your disbelief with this one...I enjoyed the ride, but the film certainly won't stand up to scrutiny, that's for sure.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #11,855 of 24,655
^ya I wasn't too hopeful the sequel would be to spectacular..... thanks for the warning, of course I'll have to catch it anyway when it's available for rental.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #11,856 of 24,655
^ actually i liked it.i'd give it 7/10 JUST because i watched it with my friends in the cinema and we had a blast making fun and commenting on everything .
The same thing happened to me before when i watched Clash of the titans with my friends in the cinema. It was so bad we had a great and very enjoyable time:))

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #11,857 of 24,655
You did not just say Clash of the Titans is was bad did you?..... Okay now I am going to rush out and see Taken2 in the cinema lol! :)

Sorry but after seeing the original many times as a kid, I loved that film.
Especially when he grabbed the original owl out of that box of weapons and asked "what's this?" and the grumpy dude said "nuthin, just leave it"

I would have to give COTT a 9/10. I loved that movie.

edit:frowning2:wrath of the titans was a whole nuther story, was vastly disappointed)

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #11,858 of 24,655
When I heard they would turn the tables I thought it would never work. But some suggest Taken 2 is actually quite good.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #11,860 of 24,655

Not as brilliant as Kynodontas, but good nevertheless 7.5/10

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #11,862 of 24,655
Quote:
Watched Taken again. 6/10
I like the movie. The 20 year old actress trying to be a 17 year old pours on the teenage thing a bit too much (okay a lot too much). Running around and squealing waving her arms around like a 9year old girl who just drank daddy's expresso is not good acting. I don't know of any 17 year old with all of their mental faculties who acts like that (perhaps she was portraying a mentally disabled person?).
I don't like things that are too impossible and the story itself had quite a few "pffffrrrt! yea right!" moments in it but I still enjoyed it but unfortunately this girls nearly ruins the movie for me. Luckily she was only in a few scenes and was drugged through most of her parts at the end so she didn't open her mouth. Really the worst performance I have ever seen in modern box office film.
Other than that I found it entertaining even though you have to be mentally prepared for mindless impossibilities like most movies today.
(you beat up a guy, steal a taxi, and the guy you are chasing gets killed by a bus at an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT! and the cops don't bother to pull up and ask you What?)
Great story overall and some good lines and scenes.

LOL exactly matched my impression, couldn't have been better said.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #11,863 of 24,655
Quote:
When I heard they would turn the tables I thought it would never work. But some suggest Taken 2 is actually quite good.

I think its going to be good if you watch it with 'Taken' glasses.

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #11,864 of 24,655
Taken 2 has some really clever scenes in it, but you DEFINITELY have to suspend your disbelief. If you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy some asskickin' and lots of action, and you won't feel the need to take every scene apart or analyze how realistic it was, you'll probably have a fun 90 min. It's probably one of the most unrealistic films I've seen in quite a while. But, I still had fun with it. Taken was a better film, IMO...2 is very simplistic, but as I said, there are a couple of scenes that are very clever and somewhat novel. If you enjoyed the first one, you'll probably find something to enjoy in the second. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #11,865 of 24,655
Very recently I watched "Scent of a Woman". I have to say, Al Pacino does a masterful performance in that movie, well worthy of the Oscar he got. The movie is full of emotion, and at times bounces from pleasantly happy to chillingly tense. The main complaint I have about the movie is the ending which is very cliche, but I suppose you can excuse that in an otherwise fine film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back