Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #11,866 of 24,677
Quote:
Very recently I watched "Scent of a Woman". I have to say, Al Pacino does a masterful performance in that movie, well worthy of the Oscar he got. The movie is full of emotion, and at times bounces from pleasantly happy to chillingly tense. The main complaint I have about the movie is the ending which is very cliche, but I suppose you can excuse that in an otherwise fine film.

"...I'm IN THE DARK HERE!!!"

awesome flick...

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #11,868 of 24,677
I saw Beasts of the Southern Wild earlier this year, during the summer. It was a pretty good movie, I thought. 8/10, in my book.
Quote:
Office Space - 7/10

I liked every single character, but that was basically it for me.

BTW nobody has seen "Beasts of the Southern Wild"? I MUST see that.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #11,869 of 24,677
Beasts of the Southern Wild - 10/10

No kidding.. I just rented this. I'd say it was about as close to perfect as it could have gotten for me. Totally original and it makes me think about so many things.
How also do you get such convincing acting from non-professional actors? If that wasn't hard enough they got a 6 year to actually do a good job acting too!

I skipped this due to it's fairly lame trailer. Big mistake!

Skip Skyfall and watch this instead
normal_smile .gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #11,870 of 24,677
Very recently I watched "Scent of a Woman". I have to say, Al Pacino does a masterful performance in that movie, well worthy of the Oscar he got. The movie is full of emotion, and at times bounces from pleasantly happy to chillingly tense. The main complaint I have about the movie is the ending which is very cliche, but I suppose you can excuse that in an otherwise fine film.

I haven't watched it, but I love Por Una Cabeza. :D

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #11,871 of 24,677
Hey guys,

I just watched Total Recall (2012 version). I give it a 6/10.
There was plenty of action and Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale make the movie nicer. However, I was kind of bored with the story. I don't remember watching the original version. :frowning2:

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #11,874 of 24,677
^ if compared to The Dark Knight, then I can agree with that score

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #11,875 of 24,677
Yeah, Dark Knight Rises was a bit of a let-down. It was still a fine movie, (a pretty good movie actually, insofar as super hero movies are concerned), but certainly not in the same ballpark as The Dark Knight. I'd put it on about the same level as Batman Begins. Which, granted, used to be like, the high point of superhero films, until Dark Knight blew it away lol.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #11,876 of 24,677
Quote:
Yeah, Dark Knight Rises was a bit of a let-down. It was still a fine movie, (a pretty good movie actually, insofar as super hero movies are concerned), but certainly not in the same ballpark as The Dark Knight. I'd put it on about the same level as Batman Begins. Which, granted, used to be like, the high point of superhero films, until Dark Knight blew it away lol.

The Dark Knight raised the bar hugely for super hero films, in my opinion. A bar that has yet to be raised, even by The Avengers (which I thought was an amazing flick). Even Nolan couldn't compete with his own masterpiece.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #11,877 of 24,677
Quote:
The Dark Knight raised the bar hugely for super hero films, in my opinion. A bar that has yet to be raised, even by The Avengers (which I thought was an amazing flick). Even Nolan couldn't compete with his own masterpiece.

I'm interested to see what he'll do with the upcoming superman movie

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #11,878 of 24,677
Oh god, another Superman movie? x.x

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #11,879 of 24,677
Quote:

Definitely agree. I enjoyed Avengers, but Dark Knight was on another level. 

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #11,880 of 24,677
Quote:
Oh god, another Superman movie? x.x

That's what I first thought, too, but then I heard who they cast in the role of General Zod...

I'm sold. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back