Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #11,326 of 24,651
Quote:
As discussed earlier in the thread (couple weeks ago), I rarely will turn off a movie early. I tend to research my choices to a degree before I watch, so typically I'll give the film a healthy amount of time to live up to expectations. Sometimes I just watch something because I like the cast or whatever, and that was the case with this one. After the first 30 mins, I had to stop....this is the DUMBEST piece of CRAP I've seen in a long time. This movie should be ashamed of itself for wasting the time of Robert DeNiro and Forrest Whittaker....hell, those guys should be ashamed of themselves for getting anywhere NEAR this steamer! 

I think checking out the imdb rating before watching a movie would help.

Typically, I never see ones below 6.5.  Those beyond 7 I expect something good.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #11,327 of 24,651
Quote:

I think checking out the imdb rating before watching a movie would help.

Typically, I never see ones below 6.5.  Those beyond 7 I expect something good.

I use Rotten Tomatoes, but yeah, I agree...I research the hell out of movies, but this one I just happened to come across and watched it based on the actors. The whole "research" thing pays off for sure. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #11,328 of 24,651
Quote:

I use Rotten Tomatoes, but yeah, I agree...I research the hell out of movies, but this one I just happened to come across and watched it based on the actors. The whole "research" thing pays off for sure. 

Yep, I use that too, but I look at their Audience Rating. 
A lot of the movies on that site have a major disagreement between the Critics and the Audience ratings. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #11,329 of 24,651

8.5/10
I watched this for my editing class, and boy oh boy was it friggin' good. I haven't cared about characters in a film this much in a long while. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #11,331 of 24,651
Quote:
The Station Agent (2003) 8.8/10
This film had some good meat on the bones,except the ending,which kept it from being completely satisfying.
Most enjoyable,nonetheless.

Okay, good....if you didnt' like that one, I'd have really been surprised. Did you just watch it now, or had you seen it previously and just posting your review? I've been meaning to revisit it, actually...it's movies like this that really contribute to a lot of my overall enjoyment. I can go for the popcorn flicks for sure, but I love an indy film with rich characters that examine some of the more meaningful themes of life - in this case, friendship. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #11,332 of 24,651
Quote:

8.5/10
I watched this for my editing class, and boy oh boy was it friggin' good. I haven't cared about characters in a film this much in a long while. 

Your instructor has excellent taste in film! This is one of my top 5 foreign films of all time. I was captivated by it when I saw it a few years ago. Damn good flick. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #11,334 of 24,651
Excision. why/10 . ***,why oh why do i have to watch those movies:frowning2:
how dafuq did it get 6.0 on IMDB is beyond me.
avoid.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #11,335 of 24,651
Quote:
Excision. why/10 . ***,why oh why do i have to watch those movies:frowning2:
how dafuq did it get 6.0 on IMDB is beyond me.
avoid.

the original one? i would give it a 7/10 imo.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #11,337 of 24,651
Did you just watch it now, or had you seen it previously and just posting your review?

No,I watched The Station Agent (2003) fresh out the gates,after your suggestion.
Appreciate that.

Me missus has seen Sinister and says its good.

Sinister (2012) 6.5/10

Found another film with a serious drag coefficient attached.
A writer trying to find his mojo,so he can turn out a profound work.
After crawling through Ruby Sparks and that writer character,I was put off with another artist's struggle lurching across the screen.

Super 8mm film reels from 1986 to 1998 that spark messages,while our character goes from whiskey rocks to straight out of the bottle.
Even I was onto compact VHS video tapes by then and had this nifty JVC camcorder:

Most of the scare comes from good Foley work.
There is one accurate,knock 'em down & drag 'em out married couple screaming match scene,that reminds me of why I now live alone.
Really,if all a movie does is make you want to go home and research your 25 year old video camera,need I say more ?

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #11,338 of 24,651
The Avengers 8/10 Great fun!

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #11,339 of 24,651
Quote:
No,I watched The Station Agent (2003) fresh out the gates,after your suggestion.
Appreciate that.

Oh okay, very cool...I'm really glad you saw it and liked it. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #11,340 of 24,651
Silent hill Revelation 7/10 actually a really good movie, a little more anchored to the games but still kind of off on its own. it's not that scary like the first one it's more of a thriller. The characters were alright but the acting was a little hit or miss at some parts. The liberties they took with the fan service none of the fans want AKA Pyramid head made sense in context of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back