Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #11,101 of 24,645
Quote:
"Fargo" 9.5/10
One of my all time faves, superb movie!

I saw it when it came out and sat directly behind Robert Englund who is the actor who plays Freddy Kruger on Nightmare On Elm Street. Needless to say it was super fun hearing his laugh in the best parts of that movie!

Definitely 9.5!

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #11,102 of 24,645
Quote:
Prometheus - 9/10
Alien - 9/10
Aliens - 8/10
Should be doing 3 and 4 soon.

#3 is the one most have issues with. I like it but have to say it is the odd one of the series. #4 is my favorite after Alien.

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #11,103 of 24,645
Argo - 9/10

Didn't know more then a general idea of the storyline before seeing this. I did however know that it had some positive showings at a film festival recently.
Hated Ben Affleck's "The Town", so I didn't expect to like this.

Pretty much no complaints here. I'll say that it's not some edge of your seat thrill ride (first hour at least) or anything and it was fairly slow going for the first hour. My eyes were not glued to the screen, but it's not boring.
I'll see it again maybe when it's on blu-ray.

9 feels a bit high, but I really felt I wouldn't change much. BTW one scene must have been inspired by Apollo 13 (The movie). I'll let you figure out if that's a negative or positive
biggrin.gif

BTW if they took out some of the language this could have EASILY been rated PG-13.

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #11,104 of 24,645
Iron Sky - from the cheapo pile in the supermarket.

While "Nazis On The Moon" is a great pitchline, you sort of know it will not be quite as good as you hope.

Surprisingly good, though. The cinematographer really knows his stuff, and it had a great Valvepunk look. And there was more plot to it than expected (I watched it completely cold and unspoilered.)

They also did a YouTube classic rather well.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #11,105 of 24,645
Have you seen Enter The Void? I absolutely love the direction of that film, pretty cool concept as well.

Enter The Void 4/10

If not for the fact they used Tokyo as a background,it would have scored less in my books.
Moved the fast forward button on many scenes that were overshot and simply drawn out.
Like watching a draft horse pull a plow through a stoney field.

This is a "stage of life" film,namely drug addled,sex addicted,emotionally crippled young people.
My connection to drug culture has long since passed and this film exemplifies how people that are stuck in that manure pile can remain unaware until it is too late.

Only my anger was stirred up watching the wasted time slip by.

You cannot treat depression with street drugs or ecstasy.
All a drug does is put off the pain until you are ready to face it and overcome it.
If you think you are self treating depression,what happens when the drug wears off?
A drug cannot change your life,only you can.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #11,106 of 24,645
Quote:
Enter The Void 4/10
If not for the fact they used Tokyo as a background,it would have scored less in my books.
Moved the fast foward button on many scenes that were overshot and simply drawn out.
Like watching a draft horse pull a plow through a stoney field.
This is a "stage of life" film,namely drug addled,sex addicted,emotionally crippled young people.
My connection to drug culture has long since passed and this film exemplifies how people that are stuck in that manure pile can remain unaware until it is too late.
Only my anger was stirred up watching the wasted time slip by.
You cannot treat depression with street drugs or ecstasy.
All a drug does is put off the pain until you are ready to face it and overcome it.
If you think you're self treating depression,what happens when the drug wears off.
A drug cannot change your life,only you can.

I finally watched it last night and you pretty much summed up how I feel about it. Drawn out, predictable, and full of negative energy.

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #11,110 of 24,645
The Avengers - 5/10

Found it insanely boring until about halfway through. And at that point I was already tired of it.

The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10.

Nowhere near as brilliant as The Dark Knight. Still enjoyable, but I don't think it has the replayability of TDK.

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #11,111 of 24,645
Batman Begins is the best movie in the series. Dark Knight Rises is every bit as good as Dark Knight though it´s hampered a bit of Bane being quite a dull character and I would like that they grounded that other villain a bit more.

Dark Knight Rises is the last I will see in the cinemas in a really long time though. Worse quality everything and it´s so amazingly expensive these days even if you skip the popcorns.

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #11,112 of 24,645
Batman Begins is the best movie in the series. Dark Knight Rises is every bit as good as Dark Knight though it´s hampered a bit of Bane being quite a dull character and I would like that they grounded that other villain a bit more.

Dark Knight Rises is the last I will see in the cinemas in a really long time though. Worse quality everything and it´s so amazingly expensive these days even if you skip the popcorns.

You need a theater like our local. Not that expensive and with beer.

Oct 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #11,113 of 24,645

We don't have IMAX here, so tickets for movies are $7. I saw Begins when I was 14 so I don't remember much about it. I'd rewatch it, but I'm really starting to hate movies overall. ADHD lol.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #11,114 of 24,645
Quote:
You need a theater like our local. Not that expensive and with beer.

We don´t have imax here too. Imax is those globe theaters for me? Is regular play movies shown in that format somewhere? I have only seen special made IMAX documentaries.
Here it costs about 18$ to go to a 2D movie. There is of course an extra fee if you are going to watch a RealD movie. Then a middle soda and popcorn goes for another 8$. It´s so much not worth it in any way except getting to see a new movie as early as possible.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #11,115 of 24,645
You guys who don't like going to the movies should put together a home theater if you haven't already. I enjoy my HT as much or more than I do going to the cineplex. I don't mind not seeing most titles right away...it's pretty rare that I can't find the patience to wait for streaming/bluray...there is so much out there to see, waiting is no biggie. You can even incorporate your existing headphone rig into your HT...watching movies on a 120" projector screen with headphones is a helluva fun way to watch a flick! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back