Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #10,443 of 24,645

I usually like crapola ...this time no....2 out of 10

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #10,444 of 24,645
Quote:
Why on earth so low?

I thought it was sad, half-baked, cheesy, riddled with plot holes, and not even consistently entertaining like Avengers.  

You remember that scene where they show the Oscorp tower Spiderman's supposed to get to; then they zoom way out to show how incredibly far away he is from said tower?  I groaned at that point because I realized the movie would be that much longer.

Jul 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #10,445 of 24,645
Safe House
  1. Run of the mill but enjoyable. Good action - 7/10

21 Jump Street
  1. I liked this a lot more than I'm willing to admit - 6/10

Bronson
  1. More stylised than Drive. Riveting performance from Tom Hardy but the film dragged on a bit too much. There's a scene in an asylum where the patients rock out to Pet Shop Boys. The crazies reminded me of Head-Fi denizens, swaying and shifting to things only they can hear. I LOLed. Killer soundtrack, just like Drive - 8/10

Jul 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #10,446 of 24,645
Contraband.......Great 8 out of 10

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #10,449 of 24,645
Finished the series 24, 8/10. Story is redundant but man, I love Jack Bauer.

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #10,450 of 24,645
The Bucket List: 9/10.

My all time favorite by two arguably the best actors, Nicholson and Freeman.

Love their interactions throughout the story.

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #10,451 of 24,645
Amazing Spiderman - 7/10. I preferred the previous movies and wished Emma Stone was playing the girl instead of that Kirstin Dunst gal.  I agree with other posts that the storyline details was a little weak  here and there.  Kind of felt like one of those MTV productions. On a light note, I did enjoy the short scene with Stan Lee the most amongst all the Hollywood Marvel films.

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #10,453 of 24,645
Speaking of Nickelodeon, I fully admit that when Sponge Bob: The Movie came out in theaters, my wife and I were the only people in the theater.  If fact, the ticket guy asked us if we really wanted to see it.  That has been the only time I've ever been questioned on my movie going choice. It was silly, but somewhat entertaining with more adult humor than other real adult humor flicks.

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #10,454 of 24,645
Vegucated - 9/10

I actually liked this more than Forks over Knives. I think I gave that a 9.25/10 and it's a bit too high I think.

In this movie they follow 3 people for 6 weeks while they convert to a vegan diet.

I want to convert to being a vegan (from a vegetarian) but I don't think I could give up wheat bread. For me giving up cheese, milk and eggs would be easier than giving up whole grains.

Seems like a plant based vegan diet without any bread or grains would be impossible for me.

BTW you might think i'm nuts, but giving up meat seems easier for me than giving up bread/rice/grain. Weird, I know. I was never a big meat eater to begin with. Not eating meat is so easy for me. Even from day one it was never a challenge.

What's really interesting is that our culture in the USA makes us believe or think that a vegan diet is unhealthy and that you NEED meat for protein and dairy for calcium. I read in a book today that 100 calories of Spinach has more protein than 100 calories of steak. Never knew that. I actually never realized how much protein some vegetables contain. Same with calcium. Somehow I always imagined most vegans as ultra skinny due to lack of protein and proper nutrition, but this couldn't be any further from the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back