Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #10,457 of 24,663
I was glad he wasn't as sloppy and ridiculous as the last Spidey in the emotional scenes...

Quote:
I watched the Amazing Spider Man a few days ago. The actor who played Peter Parker could be more emotional in the touchy scenes but other than that it was a great movie. 9/10

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #10,458 of 24,663
Last night I watched "Some Like it Hot", 1959, staring Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe.  I liked it a lot.  In some respects they haven't improved this particular genre.  It was real interesting to see how the cross dressing and main stream sexual relationships were apparently viewed at that time viewed.  I've said it before and I will say it now, of all the stars who have come down the pike and who work today none have that certain cachet that Marilyn had.  None.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #10,460 of 24,663

It scored an 8 out of a possible 10 points

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #10,461 of 24,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me giving up cheese, milk and eggs would be easier than giving up whole grains.

I went vegan for a few months, but after using dairy substitutes ( soy/ almond milk, soy cheese) that are loaded with sugar and taste like cardboard, I figured that I'd be better off just drinking milk. I think vegan is a bit too much, but I still wish I could get locally produced dairy products instead of this factory farm garbage.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #10,462 of 24,663
Quote:
I watched the Amazing Spider Man a few days ago. The actor who played Peter Parker could be more emotional in the touchy scenes but other than that it was a great movie. 9/10

Really? I thought it was lousy. It took forever to get to the ending and you knew exactly what was going to happen. The acting was horrible compared to the original series, not to mention they failed to show how a high school nerd can turn into a superhero. According to that movie a total wimp turns into a BAMF overnight. It had pretty good humour, but that's not really what I go to a superhero movie for. I didn't find the movie really believable, it almost seemed like a cross-genre spiderman-meets-twilight. The only part that I really enjoyed were the fight scenes, which I thought were fairly well-shot. Overall I'd give it 5.8/10. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #10,463 of 24,663
A Civil Action - 8.5/10
Just as good as Erin Brockovich, if not better. I think most people overlooked this one at the theaters. I've seen it maybe 6 times now.
Starring John Travolta, William H. Macy and Robert Duvall.

No Escape - 8/10
I really like watching this one. Some might give it a low rating, but it's entertaining and has a few good ideas. Saw it in the theater when I was 14, but hated it.
I've seen this may 4 times now without too many complaints.

Here's a trailer for A Civil Action. If it bombed at the box office, it's probably due to the crappy trailer!

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #10,467 of 24,663
I stopped drinking milk as a beverage and my hay fever and cat allergies went away. Soy milk on my cereal for a complete protein, still eat cheese, yogurt and ice cream.

Anyways... I saw the newer American version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. 6 out of 10. Nothing wrong with it per se, just that the original was much better. Also this new one was just too damn long, they could take 45 min. to an hour off of it easy IMO.

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #10,470 of 24,663
What's cool about the Spiderman films is that parts of them are really filmed in New York.  The pizza place he worked at in the first Toby film is one I've visited regularly.  The train station by his house, ditto.  The deli robbery scene in this latest film, I used to live 3 blocks from that place a few years ago.

Anyway, I watched Batman Begins two nights ago to wash out the Spiderman from my eyes.  Batman Begins isn't just a good superhero movie, it's a great film, beginning to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back