Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #10,291 of 24,670
Quote:
Prometheus - 7/10

It's not what I expected but nevertheless it was worth watching because it is the prequel to the Alien series.  It answers some questions in Alien.  I was hoping to see more of Charlize Theron but...
biggrin.gif

Just saw this today and I also give it 7/10.  The irony of it all is that any alien is not so quite alien when you look at the deepest levels of DNA.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #10,292 of 24,670
The aliens are us
blink.gif
!

Seriously.

And I haven't even seen Prometheus
cool.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #10,294 of 24,670
Quote:
Honestly, all the 7/10 ratings are disappointing....oh well.  Not surprised.

You might rate it higher, or lower...

When I watched Death At A Funeral (Chris Rock version), one critic I respect had given it a glowing review whereas many other critics slated it. I loved it and laughed my ass off. It goes to show that we never know what we'll think of a movie until we watch it, much like we never know what we think of a headphone until we listen with it. :)

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #10,295 of 24,670
Quote:

Yeah, I'm trying to imbue myself w/ sheer disappointment before I see it.  I was frankly surprised by the consistency of scores though which is rather unusual for this thread.  Not even a 1/10 or even 11/10 yet.  I'm perplexed.

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #10,297 of 24,670
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I'm trying to imbue myself w/ sheer disappointment before I see it.  I was frankly surprised by the consistency of scores though which is rather unusual for this thread.  Not even a 1/10 or even 11/10 yet.  I'm perplexed.

I was underwhelmed with Prometheus despite tempered expectations. I did not care for any of the characters and the grand themes were mishandled. Lacked the grandeur of recent Sci-Fi faves like The Fountain and the gravity and awe captured in Sunshine. I thought Avatar was mindless fluff, but I enjoyed the (3D) visuals and action more than Prometheus. Seeing Prometheus in 3D is pointless imo. 6/10 from me.

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #10,299 of 24,670
All those 7/10 ratings is really weird... Why is there a consensus prometheus is supposed to be a 7/10. Almost like a conspiracy.
If you look at the production values it´s 9/10 as I said. I hope with a directors cut which slow down the pace and perhaps cut some action pieces it can get up to 10/10.

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #10,300 of 24,670
Quote:
 Just saw this today and I also give it 7/10.  The irony of it all is that any alien is not so quite alien when you look at the deepest levels of DNA.

I would rate it about a 9/10 Thinking about it a little more clears up some of the things that they didn't explain.
Such as the xenomorph at the end. It's the accumulation of us being bread with a foreign DNA, and then that result breading with our "proto DNA" from the engineers.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #10,303 of 24,670
I didn´t even notice the music in the movie. That trailer is so full of spoilers avoid!

It´s so hilarious that we now also get extended trailers not just directors Cuts :p

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #10,304 of 24,670
Saw Priest last night on whatever movie channel, it was literally what was on when I flipped the TV on and I didn't bother changing it, it looked alright. And it managed to deliver - I'd give it like a 8/10. I don't know if there's other movies in the series, or some backstory beyond the prologue that I'm missing, but it seemed "bigger" than the single movie. Nonetheless, it was a good vampire/dystopian action movie - sort of like a combination of Babylon A.D. and Daybreakers (both of which I also liked).

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #10,305 of 24,670
Quote:
I didn´t even notice the music in the movie. That trailer is so full of spoilers avoid!

It´s so hilarious that we now also get extended trailers not just directors Cuts :p

Sorry if that trailer spoilt it for you,we all know that we are going to see the alien again, it's just when that will hold the audience in suspence! It's just like the thing prequel..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back