Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #9,931 of 24,668
Had to love 6 feet under.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #9,932 of 24,668

Quote:
Had to love 6 feet under.
very_evil_smiley.gif

The final episode of Six Feet Under is the finest moment in Television drama ever.  And I hate television.  Haven't had a hook-up or antenna in a dozen years now.  Just wait for the stuff to come out on whatever digital media spews it forth first.

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #9,933 of 24,668

Quote:
The final episode of Six Feet Under is the finest moment in Television drama ever.  And I hate television.  Haven't had a hook-up or antenna in a dozen years now.  Just wait for the stuff to come out on whatever digital media spews it forth first.

I really enjoyed it also.  As an editor I have to admit I wish I had been the one to have had the opportunity to cut the very ending to Sia's "Breathe Me".  

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #9,934 of 24,668
I also enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. I read Stieg Larsson's three books including The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I watched all three of the original Swedish versions of the movies and I thought that Noomi Rapace was brilliant. I saw part of the American remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo starring Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig and I thought that it stuck to the book pretty closely except for the fact that Anita Vanger turned out to be Hillary Vanger at the end of the movie. I did not like that substitution. Also missing were most of the Millennium staff in the American remake of the movie. I read somewhere that Rooney Mara is not going to play Lisbeth Salander in the next two sequels to the American remakes of the movies.

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #9,935 of 24,668
Annnnnnnnnd the best part of the movie (one of the few good parts) is gone. Guess I won't be seeing the other 2 American movies.

Quote:
I also enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. I read Stieg Larsson's three books including The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I watched all three of the original Swedish versions of the movies and I thought that Noomi Rapace was brilliant. I saw part of the American remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo starring Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig and I thought that it stuck to the book pretty closely except for the fact that Anita Vanger turned out to be Hillary Vanger at the end of the movie. I did not like that substitution. Also missing were most of the Millennium staff in the American remake of the movie. I read somewhere that Rooney Mara is not going to play Lisbeth Salander in the next two sequels to the American remakes of the movies.

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #9,938 of 24,668

Annnnnnnnnd the best part of the movie (one of the few good parts) is gone. Guess I won't be seeing the other 2 American movies.

I was waiting to see the American versions. Should I just watch the Swedish version on Netflix now?

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #9,939 of 24,668

Quote:
I was waiting to see the American versions. Should I just watch the Swedish version on Netflix now?

Yes, if Rooney Mara is gone the US series is done for.  Now it's just a blatant cash cow.

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #9,940 of 24,668

I think that watching the Swedish films will make you think less of the American ones (that was what happened to me). I think they'd be more enjoyable the other way around, but the Swedish films are not to be missed.

Quote:

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #9,941 of 24,668
I am still bitter over Deadwood not getting the support it should have :frowning2:

I watched the latest pirate carribean movie and seeing the Al Swearingen character in blackbeard saved the entire movie for me.

Quote:
Best TV for me goes pretty much in this order:

6 Feet Under
Deadwood
Wire in the Blood
Prime Suspect
Justified
Carnivale

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #9,942 of 24,668

Quote:
I am still bitter over Deadwood not getting the support it should have :frowning2:

I watched the latest pirate carribean movie and seeing the Al Swearingen character in blackbeard saved the entire movie for me.

Quote:

Deadwood and Carnivale, both were excellent and HBO decided not to keep funding them.   Seems like they preferred to go with the no budget cost at all series like the Sopranos rather then spend some coin. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #9,943 of 24,668
Midway - 6/10

Pretty terrible and only worth watching for a history lesson. Some horrible acting that felt as if it was ALL dubbed. Heston and Hal Holbrook were OK in it at least.
To make it better, read up on Wiki before watching it.

You know the bad sign of a movie? You rent it for $2.99 and then 10 minutes in you had forgotten to had just watched it a few months earlier!

I should watch my DVD import of "Yamato" from Japan. Pretty awful movie, but should be good to watch after reading up on my history.
I remember it being so excessively melodramatic that I couldn't help laughing. Feel bad for doing this when something so terrible is happening..

I wonder if there are any US movies with Battleship Yamato in it? I hope they come out with some big budget war movies like Midway that are actually good..

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #9,944 of 24,668
London Boulevard - -500/10

I'm just angry.  It was good enough that the terribleness this movie amounts to is really infuriating.  It's like they took a fantastic movie with a good story, good acting, cinematography, locations, etc and then mixed it with the worst kind of senseless, violent, B movie souless garbage you can possibly imagine.  And it has to be the worst ending I've ever seen in a movie.  If not it's up there.  What I can't believe a movie like this even exists.  I feel like I need to take a shower.

edit:  I'm still pissed off at this movie.  There was a unique, interesting story in the relationship between colin farrel and Keira, the famous actress and the bodyguard and all the paparazzis.  They even had some chemistry though it was way underdeveloped.  I wanted to see that story.  But instead of telling it and developing it, they decided to add a boring, overtold, cliched, simplified idiotic story of the criminal trying to get away from the life of crime that we've all seen a million effing times and they told it horribly half-assed at that, miixed in wtith the story we actually do want to see.  grrr

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #9,945 of 24,668
Immortals...

6.5/10

It was pretty, but a lot of the time I didn't know who was who because they all looked the same (cut, ripped, wearing armor that comes from the movie 300).

I want to add something else, but I cannot (spoilers), however, if you are in my mindset, you will be very confused towards the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back