Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #9,961 of 24,690
Am I the only one here who never watches any TV shows?
I don't watch TV either unless its football. My DirecTv hasn't been turned on since the superbowl. I am tempted to watch some of these series people are recommending. Netflix has a few and seems to be switching from mostly movies into mostly TV shows. I'm going to give that zombie series a shot, one of these days.

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #9,962 of 24,690
football? how boring. the science,discovery, and history channel is where it's at. i would say cartoon network as well but nowadays it's not cartoon network anymore. it's just junk.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #9,965 of 24,690

Quote:
Has anyone seen his movie "Mimic"? I loved that movie when I first saw it. I might not like it as much now as back then. I liked how it wasn't too gory.
I've avoided most of his films because I hate horror movies and anything too gory.

Funny to think the last horror movie I saw was back in 2004 and it was "Dawn of the Dead" (remake).

Actually I saw "Land of the Dead" and hated that.

Need more movies that are fun-scary and not that crap like "Paranormal Activity" or whatever else they have now.

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" is a good one..one from the 70's. The blu-ray is dirt cheap!

I have....I think all but three of his movies*the devils back bone is one of them* but yea I loved mimic.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #9,966 of 24,690

Quote:
football? how boring. the science,discovery, and history channel is where it's at. i would say cartoon network as well but nowadays it's not cartoon network anymore. it's just junk.

Adventure time, Regular show, Chowder, Flapjack....really all that's worth watching.

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #9,968 of 24,690
"13 Assassins" 7/10.  Very authentic samurai techniques. I would give it an eight, but the ending was bizarre with the oddball non-samurai 13th assassin being alive after having a wakizashi pierce through his neck from front to back. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #9,971 of 24,690

Quote:
Hugo - 7.7 / 10. Good one Scorcese.

I give it about the same, maybe a little less. Watched it over the weekend and I wasn't really impressed. Art direction was great but it moved a little slow for my taste. I even lost my attention quite a few times. With that said, I can still see why so many liked it, I guess it just didn't fit my needs on a Sunday night. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #9,972 of 24,690
I give it about the same, maybe a little less. Watched it over the weekend and I wasn't really impressed. Art direction was great but it moved a little slow for my taste. I even lost my attention quite a few times. With that said, I can still see why so many liked it, I guess it just didn't fit my needs on a Sunday night. 

Exactly

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #9,973 of 24,690
It was ok, if it wasn't in 3D (my first 3D movie) i probably would say "meh" 6/10.

Saint Ralph, 8/10, if i can't decide what to watch on Netflix i flip to an "Indie" movie and it never fails! Pretty funny movie about a kid who tries to win the Boston Marathon because he thinks a "miracle" will bring his mom out of a coma.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #9,975 of 24,690
For All Mankind:
This movie is a documentary of the multiple trips to the moon. I did like this movie; it details the experience of going to the moon. I wished it documented a particular mission, but the overall presentation of the materials was good enough that the discontinuities didn't significantly bother me. The pace is rather slow, especially for a movie that's only 80 minutes long. This movie is currently available on Hulu for free.

2001: A Space Odyssey:
Full disclosure: I've never watched this movie in full before. Somehow, this movie builds tension strictly with audio and visual effects. The lack of dialog was disconcerting, but it was somewhat refreshing. This movie is a visual and musical experience that must be experienced once - if you can stand the glacial pacing. To me, this has got to be one of the best movies I've watched.

After watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, I can see why some people thought that the moon landing was faked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back