Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #8,716 of 24,653
The Music Never Stopped

beautiful drama about the associative working of musical memory

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #8,718 of 24,653

Quote:
Which Medea? Agree with Iphigenia, in a few years time I haven't been able to give it a 2nd viewing.  

Danish one. Didn't know there were others. The one made in 1969 looks interesting. May be a while before I see it as it's nearly $50 on Amazon and Netflix doesn't have it. Have you seen it?

Sister gave me her copy of The Trojan Women that I need to watch. Not heard great things about it. 

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #8,719 of 24,653

Quote:
That's a ridiculous troll comment.  You obviously haven't even seen the movie or know wth you are talking about.  I suppose you are equating ground beef washed in ammonia to consuming Lead and Mercury.  Brilliant.

How is that more of a troll comment then yours I am just giving a view you perhaps haven´t thought about. I have seen the movie and enjoyed it very much.  It´s a very onesided documentary that try to picture the fisherman as the devil themselves with a very obvious agenda :wink:. It´s horrible to see but since I eat meat and know where it comes from it feels a bit hypocritical to be to upset about it.

I can recommend this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/. Horse and cow farming for slaughter for making hamburgers is the western equivalent to this. The dolphins in the movie was at least not farmed animals. Hamburgers and such fast food is a much bigger health risk honestly and is one of  the reasons with the phat problems in the western world and our shorter lifespan. Living on sea food is one reason for the japanese long life span.  

The only way forward would be to go vegan but I must admit it would be a very hard road for me and take out a lot of enjoyment in my life.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #8,720 of 24,653
Where has our food come from, and who has processed it? What are the giant agribusinesses and what stake do they have in maintaining the status quo of food production and consumption? How can I feed my family healthy foods affordably?

The answers to these questions and much more are in Food, Inc.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #8,721 of 24,653

The problem with your attempt to point out my hypocrisy is I used to be a Vegan for 8 months and have seen all the PETA crap, Food Inc, Forks and Knives, etc BS out there so save it for someone else please.  You have nothing to recommend to me that I haven't already seen.  You know nothing about me and your equivocation is just that, an equivocation.  In other words, a fallacy.  Your analysis is same as someone who equates GW Bush to Hitler which wouldn't surprise me if that applies to you.  I believe you were the same person who thought 'Buried' was a tight accurate story as well.  Let's agree to disagree on everything and leave it at that.
Quote:

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #8,722 of 24,653
Not understanding why you take any disagreement so personal.  I am not hundred percent sure what we totally disagree about except for Buried as it seems lol.

Haven´t said it´s accurate it´s fiction and not based on a true story. But yes it is both tight and focused and well worth a watch

Sep 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #8,723 of 24,653

Quote:
Danish one. Didn't know there were others. The one made in 1969 looks interesting. May be a while before I see it as it's nearly $50 on Amazon and Netflix doesn't have it. Have you seen it?

Sister gave me her copy of The Trojan Women that I need to watch. Not heard great things about it. 

Ah, Lars von Trier. I need to watch that eventually. I have Trojan Women and while it seems to have many of the same weaknesses of most Greek cinema of that period, it's definitely worth a watch, and I'd probably rate it above Iphigenia..

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #8,724 of 24,653
Sep 9, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #8,725 of 24,653
Everything Must Go - 9/10

Loved every minute of this, except for that totally un-needed (weird) sex act. This movie could have EASILY been rated PG-13 if they had cut one short sequence and removed a few F-words. Really liked Will Ferrell in this more serious role and hope he does more movies like this. Felt this one would have been worth buying.

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #8,726 of 24,653
FOOD, INC. - 7.6/10

A real eye opener. I've never really thought how our foods get to the supermarket til now. Watching this documentary I admit it's a bit overwhelming and the truth is not only sad, but ugly. It gives you a view of what the world is really like behind the scenes and what its like to live in a capitalist society.

I don't think any of this would convert me to a vegan though, as I'm still a carnivore by nature. I just think that there should be a better way as how our foods are processed and think towards quality vs. quantity.

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #8,727 of 24,653

Quote:
FOOD, INC. - 7.6/10

A real eye opener. I've never really thought how our foods get to the supermarket til now. Watching this documentary I admit it's a bit overwhelming and the truth is not only sad, but ugly. It gives you a view of what the world is really like behind the scenes and what its like to live in a capitalist society.

I don't think any of this would convert me to a vegan though, as I'm still a carnivore by nature. I just think that there should be a better way as how our foods are processed and think towards quality vs. quantity.

good news

bad news

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #8,728 of 24,653

Quote:
Everything Must Go - 9/10

Loved every minute of this, except for that totally un-needed (weird) sex act. This movie could have EASILY been rated PG-13 if they had cut one short sequence and removed a few F-words. Really liked Will Ferrell in this more serious role and hope he does more movies like this. Felt this one would have been worth buying.

Saw this one last night. Very nice movie, 7.5/10 for me.

Sidenote: Will Ferrell was listening to some music halfway the movie, through an AKG K701

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #8,729 of 24,653

Hickey and Boggs - an unknown 1972 minor masterpiece.

Directed by Bob Culp (Boggs) with probably Bill Cosby’s best acting performance, this early 70’s bleak tale easily out does films such as Dirty Harry for hard realism. The shootouts are good and the machine gun in the helicopter sequence at the end is stunning. The great Bill Hickman is in it as well, which is a bonus.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #8,730 of 24,653
X-Men: First Class - 8.2/10

It was better than I expected. Probably my favorite out of the series. January Jones as Emma Stone didn't work for me. It felt like she was still playing her character in Mad Men. The fighting sequence at the end was a little cheesy as well. But I enjoyed it overall. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back