Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 31, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #8,656 of 24,655
mibutenma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Treme Season 1 - 9.7/10 -Yet another great cable TV show. Cable TV over the last several years-decade just keeps having some great stuff. Also heavy focus on music is pretty nice.

Gah I know, so fantastic. More Head-Fi'er's/music fans should watch it. I've seen it rarely mentioned. 

-- 

One program I enjoyed recently was Louis CK: Chewed Up. I couldn't stop laughing at his classical observational schtick. Like a lot of great comics, there was a sadness there too. I guess one can't help that when they examine themselves so fiercely. 9/10

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #8,658 of 24,655
Yeah, "Treme" is great! I will admit that I liked the first season better than the second season, but considering what's generally on TV, both seasons were great. The music is just so great...I bought John Haitt's new album because I saw him during a brief scene on "Treme."

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #8,659 of 24,655
The Fall Of The Roman Empire - 7/10 - A slow and ponderous sword and sandals spectacular, with the same historical storyline as Gladiator. Its interesting seeing Christopher Plummer play Commodus, as you can see that Joaquim Phoenix might have patterned his own portrayal after Plummer's (more reserved) petulant facial expressions and actions.

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #8,661 of 24,655
Dragonball Evolution..... dum da da dummmmmm 1/10

Probably the worst  movie I have ever seen. As a fan of the old dragonball series, this movie was a turnoff from the start but I tried to give it a chance. Unfortunately, unbelievably bad acting (the kind that makes you wonder if they're even acting at all), mixed with a very basic plot, and horrendous execution leads to just a plain old bad movie. I was hoping that it would at least be a good bad movie like the Last Dragon but... no dice

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #8,662 of 24,655
Cold Prey 3

This movie takes it's schooling from the long list of American classic horror. Shot in the Norwegian woods it's a mix of violence and beauty. Well done to say the least. 9 out of 10. 

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #8,663 of 24,655

This is one of the worst acting films I have ever seen. But the actors are so bad that they just end up being themselves which makes it good in a way. Some of the low cost movies from the 60s and 70s had this charm. I would say this movie has it too if you can get past the acting. Great sound effects and lots of guns and explosions make it worth it.The story is really pretty good.

Still I can not rate it as I don't know how to judge the acting. The acting is so bad you almost want to turn it off. The roles are well scripted but the delivery makes you cringe. 

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #8,665 of 24,655
Cold Fish - 7.2/10

Not only disturbing, but borderline psychotic. The acting was ok and all, but couldn't feel like I could relate to any of the characters, they all seems so shallow.  I don't feel like I enjoyed this one as much as I saw the devil. This made me feel a bit uncomfortable actually. 

Sep 3, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #8,667 of 24,655

Quote:
Cold Fish - 7.2/10

Not only disturbing, but borderline psychotic. The acting was ok and all, but couldn't feel like I could relate to any of the characters, they all seems so shallow.  I don't feel like I enjoyed this one as much as I saw the devil. This made me feel a bit uncomfortable actually. 

I told you, didn't I?
tongue.gif
It was the most insane movie I've ever seen. My friends are I were uncomfortable for a week.

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #8,668 of 24,655

10/10

".....no but seriously, a nutless monkey could do your job"

Sep 4, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #8,669 of 24,655
Of Gods and Men. 9/10. Good, depressing, powerful, and moving. Involves the audience without many "tricks"(thought the late scene of the monks sitting around the table worked). Deserves its high regard. 

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #8,670 of 24,655
Blade Runner - 3/10 

And those 3 stars all go for the fantastic visuals, which I thought were brilliant.  The rest was complete rubbish IMO, it was like a 2 hour long 80's music video, and a bad one at that.  No character development at all, the events made no sense (why/how/when did he fall in love with the replicant?  Why was he so scared of Billy Idol when he had a gun?), I had trouble finishing it because frankly I could care less what happened.  I think the only reason I didn't want "Deckard" to die was because without establishing any character for him in this movie, he was really Han Solo stuck on some weird planet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back