Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 5, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #6,916 of 24,669
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 8/10

A lot better than what I expected. I didn't care for this after seeing the trailers, but it turned out to be wildly entertaining and very funny. I really liked the use of the special effects, it wasn't overly done and it was artistically crafted. 

Machete - N/A

Outrageous and similar to Crank: High Voltage but not as entertaining. It starts off pretty good but starts to get boring and long halfway through the movie. So boring I couldn't finish watching it. 

Dec 5, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #6,917 of 24,669
Toy Story 3 - 8/10 - Definitely didn't live up to the hype, but felt like a solid epilogue-- the characters are really just as you remember them!

Tangled - 7/10 - Very fun movie and had a taste of what classic Disney movies had. It helped that the fella in the story is a carbon copy of a friend of mine, so many laughs were had when this was seen... "Dude, you ride a mean horse", "That lady just smacked you in the face with a frying pan, you going to take that?", etc.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 5/10 - I never got into the Harry Potter books, but I've loved the movies for how much fun they were through and through... This movie was very slow, not very fun and I wouldn't recommend it.

The Other Guys - 6/10 - Some decent jokes, but your standard Hangover / Hot Tub Time Machine type summer comedy movie that goes in one ear and out the other.

Dec 5, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #6,918 of 24,669
Yup I think M Night Shyamalan failed at getting the feeling across that he maybe had wanted but by doing this he make the acting, like you say, a bit stiff and with awkward dialogue. I don't blame the actors though because they often do put in much better performances and are capable of so much more.

Favourite bit of the film? Near the beginning when Zooey's characters mobile is on the table in her house and begins to "ring" (vibrate), she looks at it eyes wide open then it just keeps vibrating and vibrating and the following look Zooey gives the phone cracks me up!

I might as well rate it while I'm at it... 3/10

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #6,922 of 24,669

Quote:

A lot better than what I expected. I didn't care for this after seeing the trailers, but it turned out to be wildly entertaining and very funny. I really liked the use of the special effects, it wasn't overly done and it was artistically crafted. 

Machete - N/A

Outrageous and similar to Crank: High Voltage but not as entertaining. It starts off pretty good but starts to get boring and long halfway through the movie. So boring I couldn't finish watching it. 

Machete I can't wait for, mainly because of Jessica Alba. Scott Pilgrim I'm also looking forward to!

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #6,924 of 24,669

Quote:
Quote:

Machete - N/A

Machete I can't wait for, mainly because of Jessica Alba. Scott Pilgrim I'm also looking forward to!

had a very nice time watching those 2

just don't expect things to get very serious, just entertaining

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #6,929 of 24,669
Reign of Assassins 10/10

Really good kung-fu movie, though a bit light on properly developed story the fighting is just brilliant! Michelle Yeoh was also awesome as a semi-retired assassin :D

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back