Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #5,056 of 24,639
babel - 7.5/10

edit: just watched 'the beach'
a film i have put off and put off for many years for some unknown reason, but i enjoyed it greatly, i am fairly suprised at its low IMDB score in general though.

8/10

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #5,058 of 24,639
The Ministers - 4/10

Stupidly annoying, over-acting, crying (and screaming) women always put me off movies. Considering this woman in question is playing a cop I really couldn't be doing with it.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #5,059 of 24,639
The Hurt Locker - 9/10

The story of a bomb defuser in Iraq, it gives you an idea of what life is like for a soldier on the streets of Baghdad. It's gripping stuff.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #5,062 of 24,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by MYSTER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5/10 The Box... Nothing really here to say... The movie sucks and i fell asleep during it. (i saw it at like 2 am) never ever see this **** sucking movie

I haven't seen it so no rating. I do question your giving it 5/10 if you hate it as much as you seem to. What does a movie have to do to get a 2 or 1 out of 10 from you? kill small children?

To me a 5/10 has me slightly disappointed that I spent good money seeing it. A 6 has some redeeming value, and I wouldn't start throwing around the word sucks until a rating of 3 or less. It is interesting how different people's scales differ.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #5,064 of 24,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ninja Assassin - 3/10 The fight scenes were pretty cool.... And yeah, that's all I've got.

How was Rain?

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #5,066 of 24,639
In The Loop - 7/10

It feels like a film that's about dialogue and character interaction more than one that follows an actual plot. There is a basic premise that drives the film, but it's hardly central to its flow.

ITL is gloriously profane and interesting, but much of what makes the film good pretty much lies on Peter Capaldi's brilliant performance. Most of the characters are cleverly written with engaging dialogue, but Capaldi's Malcom Tucker is just more entertaining to watch than the rest of the ensemble.

poster.jpg

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #5,068 of 24,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ITL is gloriously profane

and wickedly satirical, and a must for politico's. I bought into and loved it.

--

Easy Virtue
was rather rote even for fans of the genre like myself. Jessica Biel, oh my, not in a good way. 2/10

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #5,070 of 24,639
Watched Lost S1 EP2, What POLAR BEARS? AHAHHAA. Ideas behind Lost are even more unbelievable than transwarp conduits and quantum torperdos. At least that's Sci-Fi, Lost is just stupid. I wonder what animal JJ Abrams thought up that killed the pilot? T-Rex? Also wonder if they'll be a river and further you go up it, earlier in era they become...hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back