Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 24, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #4,985 of 24,651
Blind Side...not your typical Sandra Bullock movie (not that that's a bad thing). This one's based on a true story and has really good acting. It's also something the whole family can/should watch.

Definitely 10/10

Nov 24, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #4,986 of 24,651
The Virgin Spring 6.88

My least favorite Bergman. Good acting and powerful imagery, but the themes are just terribly boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2001: A Space Odyssey(HD DVD):8/10

Wow, really out there but I enjoyed it, but I was left with a lot of questions a the end(as expected).

You need to watch it again! 2001: A Space Odyssey almost requires a second viewing.

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #4,989 of 24,651
Star Trek 7/10

Lots of bright lights, colorful lasers, and the like. It seems awfully mainstream and commercial for Star Trek, but whaddya expect in this day and age?

I enjoyed the guy who plays James Kirk more than the guy who plays Spock, but both performances fit well into the scheme of the general story.

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #4,992 of 24,651
Quote:

Originally Posted by J W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Virgin Spring 6.88 /-/ My least favorite Bergman..

Well, what's your favorite? Gosh, that's another tough one. I'll say Skammen maybe? I don't think I've seen every one.

--

I had to run out and watch The Road today. It was unrelenting and singular, just he way I like 'em!

8/10

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #4,994 of 24,651
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, what's your favorite? Gosh, that's another tough one. I'll say Skammen maybe? I don't think I've seen every one.

I think he made 40 or 50, so you certainly aren't the only one. I honestly've never seen Skammen. Though, I'll definitely take your post as a recommendation
bigsmile_face.gif

I can't make a decision on my favorite. I don't dislike any of the Ingmar Bergman films I've seen - but my top three:
Fanny and Alexander
Wild Strawberries
Through a glass darkly

Edit: Just been browsing around for Skammen. Netflix only lets me "save" it. Our wonderful Oklahoma Metropolitan library has the VHS in its catalog, but apparently it's no longer available. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back