Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 17, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #3,706 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permagrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Princess Mononoke" (from director Hayao Miyazaki ("Spirited Away", "NausicaA Of The Valley Of The Wind" (gonna watch this for the first time shortly, first of his epics)))
Princess_Mononoke_Japanese_Poster_%28Movie%29.jpg

Everyone in the "civilized world" has probably seen this by now but if you haven't do yourself a favor and give it a watch. 10/10

Such a great movie. It's a shame that many of my friends refuse to watch it on the principle that it's anime.

May 18, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #3,711 of 24,654
remake of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' 6/10

My ending would have been much better than the lame ending in this movie. Aliens take Jennifer Connolly and some dude on their ark with them so they can keep our species alive and destroy the rest of humanity on earth. I guess all the spam advertisers in this movie wouldn't have endorsed that ending though because then McDonalds would have no one to sell their crap burgers to.

May 18, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #3,716 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shocked-1.jpg

Lol
biggrin.gif
blasphemy, right?

I just thought it was totally implausible and kind of dumb. little kids running away from the big bad evil guys, getting tortured over a game show, finding a girl over and over again in country of a billion people, etc. I kept thinking about how good City of God was. SM just seemed completely ridiculous to me.

May 20, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #3,719 of 24,654
dp

May 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #3,720 of 24,654
I liked the 2006 version better the edward norton hulk was a huge disappointment... Especially since Norton is usually superb.

Last movie dancers in the dark by lars von trier with Bjork in the leading role. I am not always a fan of musicals it´s kind of strange with people bursting out in song all the time. Often I just zip to the musical acts. But here it just felt natural. Movie starting reeeally slow and the first act take ages but it´s a clever trick because it gets you in the rhytm and you can´t foresee as much (well know they are going to start to sing) Bjork appears to be a superb actress or she is just herself I don´t know
smily_headphones1.gif

Good music and nicely toned down and though the story was kind of expected and all it got pretty hideous in the end. I think I cried for the first time in 5 years or so. I have no idea what happened the pizza must have been bad. I am ashamed of myself.

But well will have to give it a 10/10 for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back