Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 14, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #3,676 of 24,654
Latest film watched:
La Vie En Rose: 10/10 (If this film doesn't contain the strongest performance in cinema history it is very close. Beatifully shot, superb acting, superb music [obviously], this is a film that trully captures the soul of one of the greatest singers in recent times).

Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Red Dragon" - 9/10
I have a hard time rating this movie. I mean, is it better than Silence Of The Lambs? It's a little faster and more exciting in my opinion though Hopkins had more liberty in SOTL it feels. Because of that 'The Cannibal' gets a little more attention. Going to rate it slightly above SOTL but they're close.
smily_headphones1.gif

Each film in the series gets a little bit worse.

My vote would be:
Silemnce of the lambs: 9/10
Hannibhal: 8/10 (if it wern't for them changing the damn ending it would have been a lot closer to Silence of the lambs)
Red Dragon: 7/10
Hannible Rising: 4/10 (Whilst reasonably close to the book, I thought the book was awefull, though the young actor did a very good job considering what he had to work with).

If you can try and see Manhunter, of which Silence of the Lambs was originally a sequal to (Yes, Anthony Hopkins was the replacement hannible lecter).

May 14, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #3,677 of 24,654
Slumdog Millionaire - 9.5/10. On any level this is a great movie. Nuff said!!!

May 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #3,679 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Going to hit Hannibal next, then perhaps Hannibal Rising? I love SOL; perhaps my favorite movie of all time for many different reasons.

Yep, that's the plan. After that I want to see Manhunter. I keep seeing people prefer SOTL to Red Dragon. Not in my case, they're very close and I rated Red Dragon even 0,2 higher.
wink.gif

May 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #3,680 of 24,654
Evangelion 1.0: You are (not) alone.

Very very good. Loved the emotion, the mech battles, the music, the memories it brought back of the series...

9/10. 1 point deducted for too much unnecessary fan service.

May 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #3,684 of 24,654
Bad Boy, a Korean movie. Terrible. The mistreatment of that girl was just horrifying and almost made me retch. I couldn't finish watching the movie.

May 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #3,685 of 24,654
"The Proposition" [9.0/10]: I really enjoyed this "western" that takes place in Australia. Screenplay by Nick Cave and soundtrack by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis (Dirty Three). Very interesting story line of outlaw from society, whose outlaw brother is sent by the coppers to kill him to save another outlaw brother. Things go somewhat differently...good movie

May 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #3,686 of 24,654
angels & demons, 6/10. I didnt read the book so I dont know how faithful it was to the book, but I enjoyed it. though at times it failed to build up any tension, it just showed some disturbing images or occurrences out of nowhere.

piggy banks, 7/10. wow what a surprise! original and interesting.

May 16, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #3,689 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel9685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
taken - 8.5/10
very enjoyable and easy to watch. Who knew Liam Neeson could kick so much ass?

Qui Gon Jin? He was a jedi, of course he can do it.
wink.gif
smile.gif

May 16, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #3,690 of 24,654
Quantum of Solace....
I don't know what I think yet and I watched it 24 hours ago...not sure how I feel about Daniel Craig...I feel like I like this guy, he worked his arse off to get in shape but it is like he is sucking a lemon throughout the movie....this movie also made me feel like I was watching the second installement of a trilogy, I wanted to go back and watch the last one he was in....I just don't know....it was great for action, sound was good...meh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back