Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 23, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #3,497 of 24,654
Live Free or Die Hard 4/10

Great stunts, special effects and exploding action but....that's it. There wasn't any substance at all imo that would convince me to watch it again and again.

Everything felt so staged and had an artificial atmosphere. It seemed like the studio grabbed a bunch of hyper-active kids and wrote down the scenes and executed them. And it felt like Bruce Willis was tired throughout the movie.

I enjoyed Die Hard 3 much, much more than this...and would choose to watch it over Live Free or Die Hard any day.

Again, it looks and sounds pretty in your home theatre to watch it once or maybe twice but that's it...All flash, no substance in my books.

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #3,498 of 24,654
Apr 24, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #3,500 of 24,654
Donie Darko: I saw this when I was younger and thought it was great-- but it's actually shiit. The story line has so much potential too, but somehow it failed. It was nicely shot, decent acting, and had a great soundtrack. My biggest quarrel with it is how it tries so hard to sound smart and have deep meaning but it doesn't. Highly overrated.

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #3,503 of 24,654
Shaolin Soccer - 7.5/10
OMGWTFBBQ

Angel Eyes - 3/10
Maybe it was the cable editing or something, but I had a hard time figuring out where the plot was. Kind of like Ultra Violet, but worse.

Apr 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #3,504 of 24,654
Just taken the boy to see "Escape From Witch Mountain"
very good flick, plenty of action, Dwayne (the rock) comes up trumps- he delivers on some lines and has a good screen presence, good story, entertaining, not overly long. Big plus is, the lady star, Dr whateverhernameis, is, from an older mans perspective, smoking hot. At first glance i swore it was b'elanna torres from deep space nine, but in reality she turned out a whole load hotter. Good family flick, straight into it kids action, with some very intersting ufo clips at the start of the film- which are mostly walt disney/cia creations anyway,if some of the pro-conspiracy/anti-conspiracy are to be believed.

good film, 8/10

Apr 24, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #3,505 of 24,654
Just taken the boy to see "Escape From Witch Mountain"
very good flick, plenty of action, Dwayne (the rock) comes up trumps- he delivers on some lines and has a good screen presence, good story, entertaining, not overly long. Big plus is, the lady star, Dr whateverhernameis, is, from an older mans perspective, smoking hot. At first glance i swore it was b'elanna torres from deep space nine, but in reality she turned out a whole load hotter. Good family flick, straight into it kids action, with some very intersting ufo clips at the start of the film- which are mostly walt disney/cia creations anyway,if some of the pro-conspiracy/anti-conspiracy are to be believed.

good film, 8/10

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #3,508 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamenthe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eraserhead - 7.5/10

Another David Lynch mind ******. Some parts were hard to get through, but it was pretty good overall. Recommended to anyone who loves that kind of genre.

Yeah, that movie is terrifyingly bizarre, I still want to see Inland Empire. Have you seen Muholland Drive, I'd recommend seeing that as well if you haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back