Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 16, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #2,419 of 24,653
I think it meant a little more when you have something more personal to share with the subjects. The movie is base on Philips K. Dick book so I guess the characters are reminiscene of his own experiences with the drug cultures and it's corruption and paranoia is a big part of it. The movie was profoundly sad to my because I lost a friend this way. I find it more too the point in it's message and criticism than the other movie about drug that start with an R that everybody knows about, which is disgusting and sort of novelty and humourous for viewing, but I don't want to watch this one more than once either, it's even more disturbing.

Dec 16, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #2,421 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lets get back to posting and rating the films we watch and not have to fall into line with the thoughts of an opinionated few.

Bah, speak for yourself. There is nothing more boring than only a "title - rating". What's the point of that? Keep up the discussion guys. I might actually read this thread more like I used to when blessingx mixed it up.

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #2,423 of 24,653
Punisher: War Zone

I thought this movie was very nicely done. A little comical at times because there was so much gore but definitely better than the 2004 offering. I was shocked how much I enjoyed it. And from a female director. She rocks!

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #2,424 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah, speak for yourself. There is nothing more boring than only a "title - rating". What's the point of that? Keep up the discussion guys. I might actually read this thread more like I used to when blessingx mixed it up.

i wasnt referring to shutting down discusssion of a movie, i enjoy that extra bit of info here too, in fact many times its led me to go watch a film on that strength

i was simply meaning its pointless to query other peoples ratings, when its so subjective.

a short animated 'film noir' piece called 'shut eye hotel' strange but not a complete waste of six minutes - 8/10

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #2,426 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wasnt referring to shutting down discusssion of a movie, i enjoy that extra bit of info here too, in fact many times its led me to go watch a film on that strength

i was simply meaning its pointless to query other peoples ratings, when its so subjective.

I guess that I don't understand the difference, but if it offends people, I'll be sure to try not to comment in this way again.

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #2,427 of 24,653
I guess I could just do this...

I Am Sam: 5/10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two principle actors are very, very overrated, in my opinion. Sean Penn has a quite limited range (this role is probably as far as he can possibly stray from his norm), and has become lost in the slew of uber-dramatic man's man actors that have flooded Hollywood ever since Taxi Driver arrived on the scene, and Dakota Fanning simply tries too hard in every role that she has ever had... I don't care if she's young, she ain't natural.

The soundtrack and plot are great, though, but the overacting keeps me from believing the movie. I saw it once a few years ago, and I'm not sure if I'll see it again.

There, now I'm not questioning anyone, I'm just giving my opinion of the movie.

Dec 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #2,429 of 24,653
Stardust: C-
The Man From Earth: B

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lead actor reminded me of one of the actors in the Japanese film "Cure"... one of my favorite horror/suspense films. There's no soundtrack, which actually adds to the suspense, and what Kurosawa does with the sounds in the movie, added on top of a silent background, is fantastic.

Thanks for this. Looks interesting. I will be sure to check it out on my next netflix order.
smile.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #2,430 of 24,653
"Domino" - 6.5/10

Tony Scott's 2005 action/adventure docudrama is 8.0 fun. Minus 2 for fractured senseless plot flayed by erratic avantgarde postproduction film manipulation. Minus 1 for bogus weapons handling. Plus 1.5 for glimpse of Keira Knightley with her shirt off.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back