Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 6, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #811 of 24,690
"White Oleander", I didn`t really know what to expect from this movie and I initially only bought it couse I don`t mind Michelle Pfieffer.

I have to say it was quite a good movie, though I have not read the book as many holds as superiour and thus give a negative review of the film.

For me I enjoyed it and in particular Alison Lohmans performance as Michelle Pfieffers daughter.

"When a man loves a woman", for some reason this movie always gets to me couse it is one of the main reasons I started watching more dramamovies as a teenager.

In my opinion Meg Ryan`s best performance supported well indeed by Andy Garcia as they play a married couple in which Ryan is an alcoholic.

The movie has mainly two strongpoints besides being well acted by the main characters and that is the somewhat different angle in which we see alcohol abuse and the performance of the two childactors that play their daughters which makes it more believeable.

I always end up in tears somewhere along the story when I watch this movie.

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #814 of 24,690
Captivity: 1/10. Turned it off after 30 minutes, zapped through the rest of the movie with 10min increments. Horrible movie in all aspects. I thought I'd watch it because of Elisha Cuthbert; don't make the same mistake I did. Her acting is absolutely terrible, from the first time you hear her speak it just sounds fake and wrong. Stay away.

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #815 of 24,690
200px-Paris_texas_moviep.jpg

7/10
Great cinematography and acting, but perhaps the film could have been a bit more condensed. Guess I'll have to watch it again sometime.
Quite interesting how many musicians were influenced by this movie, according to the wiki page.

Ry Cooder playing acoustic slide guitar for the soundtrack.

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #817 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
200px-Paris_texas_moviep.jpg

7/10
Great cinematography and acting, but perhaps the film could have been a bit more condensed. Guess I'll have to watch it again sometime.
Quite interesting how many musicians were influenced by this movie, according to the wiki page.

Ry Cooder playing acoustic slide guitar for the soundtrack.

No condensing!
wink.gif
This was huge film for me in my college film days. I assume you've seen Wings of Desire?

Mar 6, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #819 of 24,690
Saw Appleseed Ex Machina and Vexille, both fully CG animated movies...they were ok, the plot is so so but the animation is awesome. Music was somewhat a disappointment, not as good as the original Appleseed movie. I would watch it just for the animation though =D

Mar 6, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #820 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No condensing!
wink.gif
This was huge film for me in my college film days. I assume you've seen Wings of Desire?

hi blessingx.
I think I was a bit eager to get to the conclusion, having heard so many good things about the movie. I'll give it another viewing soon to soak in the subtleties.

I havent seen Wings of Desire yet. You recommend it?

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #821 of 24,690
pokemon movie: mewtwo strikes back 10/10 the movie of my generation for real. It had so many thematic elements rolled in.

the pokemon movie was simply potpourri of awesome

Mar 6, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #822 of 24,690
August Rush: 7/10. Pretty awesome score. Didn't really like Robin Williams' performance. Story was a bit too sentimental as well.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #824 of 24,690
Ju-on is a Japanese horror movie about a demon haunting a family's house, and the story of all her victims. It looks a bit like a soap opera but the horror scenes have great power and creepiness. 2.5/4 stars

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #825 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is ridiculous that I haven't seen this classic, but I don't watch very much.

groundhog day : 9.6/10.
very touching movie.

This was a huge sleeper for me. Never really expected much of it and it ended up being one of the best movies of the year for me. I've probably seen it 10 times since.

Last movie I watched was Porky's. Not the first time, not the last. Bless my pop for grabbing this on DVD for me! 3/5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back