Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 6, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #91 of 24,638
Russian Ark 10 - Have you ever put on headphones to do a self-guided tour through a museum? The is the visual version of that through the Heritage, but much more. It's one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. The final "act" is a memorizing ball room sequence that would make the dumbest beau-hunk stare.

This film was made in one take! One Shot!

Beware, there are no explosions.

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #92 of 24,638
Children of men: 2/10

I only gave it a 2 because some of the cinematography and scenery was excellent.

I was totally unfulfilled at the end, and annoyed through most of the movie.

GAD

Dec 7, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #93 of 24,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Children of men: 2/10

I only gave it a 2 because some of the cinematography and scenery was excellent.

I was totally unfulfilled at the end, and annoyed through most of the movie.

GAD

The story was a bit, well, loose, I'll definitely give you that. On the other hand, the director did stuff that was totally original. The scene where the car was in reverse and being chased... wow, nobody has ever done something like that. It's just fun seeing people doing stuff that is so new.

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #95 of 24,638
Goodfellas - Love the flow of the story. That moment where you aren't sure if Joe Pesci is going to wack him in the nightclub. 9/10!

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #96 of 24,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
superbad: 7/10

funny, rude, but sometimes got a bit boring, and that whole 'blood' on the jeans thing was just feral!

That's the rating I would give Superbad. Maybe even a 6.5/10. It was funny but it had a weak plot and it dragged on.

'Knocked Up', on the other hand, I would rate a solid NINER. It's my opinion that Apatow should write and direct everything he puts out. Don't let your lesser talented cronies bring you down Judd! Just kidding... I like the writing of Seth Rogen & Co., Will Ferrel, Adam McKay, ect. but 'Knocked Up' is by far the best movie in their stable (IMO, of course). Their second best ('40 Year-Old Virgin') was also mostly written by Apatow, although, it was directed by someone else.

Dec 7, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #97 of 24,638
The Name of the Rose: 8.5/10

Dec 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #98 of 24,638
Knocked up: 6/10

I have to dissagree with you there Ingo. While I enjoyed it, I didn't think it came close to 40yo-virgin. Knocked up just didn't have the plot, timing or connection for me.

40yo-virgin I gotta give a 9/10 though. Easily one of the funniest movies I've seen in years.

GAD

Dec 7, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #99 of 24,638
EDIT: Gotta agree with you on that GAD. For me, 40-year Old Virgin was the best of the three, followed by SuperBad and Knocked Up in a close tie (Knocked up wins 6 out 7 days of the week).

While Knocked Up was good, I felt that some of the characters were a bit forced. Like the married couple with Paul Rudd's character...they just didn't have it. 40's characters were spot on and they worked around each other well...there was a flow and easy to their interactions that never felt forced. I laughed harder at 40 as well.

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #101 of 24,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grindhouse: Planet Terror - 6/10

I was told that it was better than Death Proof, but I liked Death Proof a lot more.

Yeah I liked Death Proof better too, it was more of a Grindhouse movie than Planet Terror. PT was more of a straight up zombie movie and not as good as some of the defining movies of that genre (George Romero..etc.)

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #103 of 24,638
I hope this doesn't violate HFs religion ban since it's not about theology, but the last movie I saw - Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter - has some 'production issues' that keeps me from recommending.
wink.gif

YouTube - Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter (Trailer)
YouTube - Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter: Jesus vs. The Atheists

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #104 of 24,638
Watched Lynch's Lost Highway second time. Four and a half stars out of five would be apropriate. It is a very exciting movie, the end of the movie is really something. And Robert Loggia is always a good actor with a great voice.

The funny thing was that even with a lousy TV mono sound with a way too low volume was enough giving a real mood and I was thrilled.

The only real problem is the choice of Rammstein's music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back