die hard 1988 Disney +

yippe ki yea 4 puffs out of 5

die hard 2 1990 Disney+

loud lots of excessive sub machine gun use 3 out of 5

Die with a vengeance 1995 Disney +

Samuel Jackson makes this one, good misdirection 3.75 out of 5

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #24,527 of 24,670
Well I have a nearly 3 year old boy who just discovered Beauty and the Beast. So it is the last 84 movies that I have watched.

So the live action version is trash…. The original is exactly what I remember from 1991! Catchy music that actually sound pretty good on my 2 channel system LOL.

Jan 4, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #24,528 of 24,670
BlackBerry: The Limited TV series - 10/10

I've seen this mentioned a lot lately and it was definitely worth watching.
At first I was annoyed with it's constant jerky camera movements like in "The Office" but that stopped fast.
Took maybe 10 minutes and I was hooked. I ended up watching the entire 3 episodes in one sitting.
It's basically just one long movie that is 3 45 minute episodes.
The movie is so entertaining that it goes by so fast.
The style is sort of like "Air" (which was good too). I'd suggest this if you liked that and are a fan of "Halt and Catch Fire" (which is about the early computer industry).
I actually want to watch it a second time tonight!

There is also a movie version of this. The series is that plus more footage. I'm not sure which is better.
I got an AMC trial just to watch this and Fear the Walking Dead.

PS I still remember the days when it seems like everyone had a Black berry device! This was way before the Iphone and when the Palm Pilots were still a thing.
I also remember that before tablets came out they had a thing called a "Net Book". Mine was a tiny Asus version that came with Windows instead of Linux.

Sort of unrelated and uninteresting fact....I just got my first ever cell phone...in December of 2023!
Found a brand new Samsung Galaxy A13 5G sitting in the clearance section for $25. Normally $100 or so. Could not resist!

Bitconned - 8/10

Another really good Netflix documentary about an early Crypto company that scammed a bunch of people out of money.
They promised a credit card that could take your Crypto funds from your account and let you use it like a credit card.
Of course this was a lie and VISA didn't even OK it.
The companies website used fake information. Even the CEO was a random guy's picture they found online.
One of the employees typed "old white guy" on Google and stole some guy's photo.
Somehow one of them got away with only "time served". Basically a slap on the wrist.
Strangely I can barely find info about their company online.
I even still saw up a Now Hiring link for them!

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #24,529 of 24,670
20 Days in Mariupol - 10/10

Such a hard documentary to want to watch, but it's a must see for sure. I wish I had seen it sooner.
The best thing to do for this sort of documentary is just not think about it first and what it might be like. Just go watch it.
It really does feel like I won't be the same after watching this.
I watched it before going to bed. I couldn't sleep and had to go distract my brain for awhile.
Thankfully I didn't have nightmares.

In this documentary you follow along with a journalist that records everything he experiences and sees.
It's all shot during the attack on Mariupol in the Ukraine for the first 20 days. Most likely you've seen a lot of it's footage on TV.

I bought it on Amazon in HD for $2.99. The next day I found out it's free on Youtube (legally), but that's OK.
I suggest watching it. I won't embed the video here due to it's content.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #24,530 of 24,670
The holy trinity of unfunny.

I used to love each one, seen Ricky on 2 occasions, loved Rosanne back in the day. What happened?

It's been a bad start to 2024.

trainwreck 1/10, hard to watch

not shocked / not amused 2/10

Dave loves Dave. I'm not so sure...3/10

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #24,531 of 24,670
Ya don’t watch much tv or listen to tunes, lol.

Only murder in the building 2021 Disney+

yes grab a bag, sit down, papers out, let it rip. Martin short grade A role, Steve Martin and Gomez don’t disappoint. Each season an evolutionary twist for a surreal apartment lifestyle And murder mystery. Does everyone podcast these days? 4 puffs out of 5.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #24,532 of 24,670
trainwreck 1/10, hard to watch

Hard to believe considering it's from the same person who made the masterpiece "After Life".
That's a comedy but also extremely sad. It's the rare TV series where I gave it the highest score for it's 3 seasons.
I never want to watch it again though!
I can barely stand the guy when I watch him host the Oscars.

Have you seen "Who is America?". It's old but I found it extremely funny.
It makes fun of both extreme liberals and diehard MAGA people about equally.
As you may know, it's starring the same guy who played Borat.

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #24,533 of 24,670
I too loved After Life (I did like him hosting award shows too, tbh) & seen him live in the past, but this is lazy. Probably just fulfilling contractual arrangement with Netflix? Who knows. The only thing of his I didn't like was "Derek".

ps the "1/10 trainwreck" was for the Roseanne "comedy special". That is a hard watch.

I will check out your recommendation, thanks :thumbsup: edit, yes, already watched the series, fantastic 10/10

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #24,534 of 24,670
Will Trent 2023 Disney +

ok the pooch got me to click but I’m always on the hunt for that idiot savant type cop/detective/dick show that remarkable, humorously, decisively solving what many can’t, on a weekly basis. Load the bong cause this checks a lot of boxes in the genre since columbo, numbers, etc. mix in the relationship dysfunction and a good investigative drama unfolds. Heck 4 out of 5 Puffs

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #24,536 of 24,670
el camino - s'ok

not great but probably good to see in order to bridge stories if you are into the breaking bad universe

I've seen that twice now. Currently in the middle of Breaking Bad for maybe viewing number 10-12.
This time I find that there are so many scenes that are not that important to the story and just "filler".
I fast forward those now. It's basically like 75% family drama, which is OK. The pacing is quite bad.
Overall the series is "very good". Not a fan of how things went in Season 5 though.

Season 3 has by far the most of that fast forward material.
It only gets good when hank finds out about Jessie and Walt's RV.

Season 2 went way downhill after the last "cook" by them where they got stuck in the desert.

It's one of the rare shows I like where I don't like any of it's characters at all. Jessie a little bit.

Actually Hank is my favorite character. He's such a nice guy around most of his family and friends, but with everyone else he's a complete a-hole.
His personality reminds me of one of my family members. Almost trying to offend everyone because they think it's funny.

What's cool though is that it really felt like in Season 2 they were already thinking about "Better Call Saul"!
Or maybe they analyzed every episode and just did a lot of brainstorming for ideas.

I never get sick of Better Call Saul. I just wish it's final season was better. It's the only season I didn't love.
So many great characters. Really like Chuck, Kim, Mike and Howard. Each and every small role was perfect. All of them!

I actually hoped there would be another spin-off that's not quite in the Breaking Bad world, but that's definitely not happening for sure (can't spoil it for anyone).
I wanted to see more of HHM. No, really.

Not going to lie, I think Better Call Saul has far better character development and has better writing.
I just find Better Call Saul a lot more fun to watch. Plus it has some comedy too in early seasons which helps.
Chuck is actually one reason the series is so good. Couldn't stand his character though.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #24,537 of 24,670
I've seen that twice now. Currently in the middle of Breaking Bad for maybe viewing number 10-12.
This time I find that there are so many scenes that are not that important to the story and just "filler".
I fast forward those now. It's basically like 75% family drama, which is OK. The pacing is quite bad.
Overall the series is "very good". Not a fan of how things went in Season 5 though.

Season 3 has by far the most of that fast forward material.
It only gets good when hank finds out about Jessie and Walt's RV.

Season 2 went way downhill after the last "cook" by them where they got stuck in the desert.

It's one of the rare shows I like where I don't like any of it's characters at all. Jessie a little bit.

Actually Hank is my favorite character. He's such a nice guy around most of his family and friends, but with everyone else he's a complete a-hole.
His personality reminds me of one of my family members. Almost trying to offend everyone because they think it's funny.

What's cool though is that it really felt like in Season 2 they were already thinking about "Better Call Saul"!
Or maybe they analyzed every episode and just did a lot of brainstorming for ideas.

I never get sick of Better Call Saul. I just wish it's final season was better. It's the only season I didn't love.
So many great characters. Really like Chuck, Kim, Mike and Howard. Each and every small role was perfect. All of them!

I actually hoped there would be another spin-off that's not quite in the Breaking Bad world, but that's definitely not happening for sure (can't spoil it for anyone).
I wanted to see more of HHM. No, really.

Not going to lie, I think Better Call Saul has far better character development and has better writing.
I just find Better Call Saul a lot more fun to watch. Plus it has some comedy too in early seasons which helps.
Chuck is actually one reason the series is so good. Couldn't stand his character though.
LOL you sound exactly like one of the voices in my head.

Yeah BCS feels so much smoother and more "tuned" than BB, and I think I could identify the same seasons/episodes as you for the same reasons. Interesting that you like Hank so much, I will probably see him in a new light now. I myself love Nacho, think he was on the opposite path of Walter (good becoming bad, bad becoming good). Oh and love Kim but I think everyone does.

I think I read a review that said BB had more seminal, harder hitting moments, but BCS was more consistently excellent television. Great universe they created! I myself am rewatching BB from the top, only a few episodes in, but for me it has been years and this time I have blu-ray/hi-res. All awesome.

Jan 7, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #24,538 of 24,670
Killers of the Flower Moon - 6.5/10

Such a disappointment and I had actually bought this.
I loved it at first. Set designs, costumes and just the overall look of the film is impressive.
Then there is the acting. It's near perfect by most of the main actors. Some of the smaller roles..not quite, but that's OK.
Leonardo Dicaprio's acting was some of the best i've seen maybe.

Felt the whole movie is pretty bland, far too long and kind of a mess. It's in serious need of editing.
I didn't once feel bored, but it just felt like it went on and on and on. When I was hoping it was almost over it still had 45 minutes left!
Ernest Burkhart was a confusing character. He acted like he really loved his wife at times, but did all those horrible things to her and her family.
At times the guy seemed to be mentally challenged and could be easily manipulated by his Uncle.
It actually would be better to read the book or see a documentary on these events (if one exists).

It's possible the movie might improve if I read the book too.
I really have no interest in seeing this again though.

Jan 8, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #24,539 of 24,670
Killers of the Flower Moon - 6.5/10

Such a disappointment and I had actually bought this.
I loved it at first. Set designs, costumes and just the overall look of the film is impressive.
Then there is the acting. It's near perfect by most of the main actors. Some of the smaller roles..not quite, but that's OK.
Leonardo Dicaprio's acting was some of the best i've seen maybe.

Felt the whole movie is pretty bland, far too long and kind of a mess. It's in serious need of editing.
I didn't once feel bored, but it just felt like it went on and on and on. When I was hoping it was almost over it still had 45 minutes left!
Ernest Burkhart was a confusing character. He acted like he really loved his wife at times, but did all those horrible things to her and her family.
At times the guy seemed to be mentally challenged and could be easily manipulated by his Uncle.
It actually would be better to read the book or see a documentary on these events (if one exists).

It's possible the movie might improve if I read the book too.
I really have no interest in seeing this again though.
I read the book, it won't help.

Movie is over long & ponderous. Lead actress doesn't so much "act" as stares blankly into the middle distance.

As for Robert DeNiro, maybe age has finally took its toll. The camera cannot stay on him for more than 3 seconds in the edit, i assume because he is forgetting his lines ? No one else in the movie is edited this way.

Massive disappointment.

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #24,540 of 24,670
The 300. My girlfriend had never seen it, so it was fun seeing her finally understand references like "TONIGHT WE DINE IN HEEEELLLLL" and "THIS IS SPAAARTAAA!!11"

7/10, still relatively entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back