Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 22, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #24,092 of 24,690
Glass Onion - 7.5/10

I had fun watching this. Possibly one of the most entertaining movies i've seen in the last 6 months. I also found it very, very funny.
So why the 7.5? One reason is that it's story isn't that good at all. I disliked how they seem to skip to flashbacks after the first half.
Really liked a lot of the characters in this movie, but so many of them are wasted and don't have a lot of dialogue or screen-time.
Somehow I only knew who 4 of the actors in the movie were!

Oh and I found lots of funny parts they added so amusing. Like Serena's scene and the random dude that kept showing up on set.
Remember the scene when Andi walks into his room and he asks her if she wants to hang out :relaxed:
So many small funny parts. Like the no smoking garden etc. And I swear I saw a robot carrying luggage.

Jan 23, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #24,093 of 24,690
The Last of Us (10/10)

Wow. A 2 hour pilot to start this show off and it does not disappoint.

I have never played the game although I have heard about it.

This has the ability to become the best show I've ever seen based on this first episode.
Just saw episode 2. Headed off in the right direction. I like that they are padding it with background story that's new to me. I like to know what happened, etc..

Neil Druckmann is directing, the game creator/director. I think he knows how to direct people to act well.

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #24,094 of 24,690
Just saw episode 2. Headed off in the right direction. I like that they are padding it with background story that's new to me. I like to know what happened, etc..

Neil Druckmann is directing, the game creator/director. I think he knows how to direct people to act well.
The production values are very HBO, these episodes look very expensive. The CGI alone looks really good and expensive.

They did not cut corners with this show.

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #24,095 of 24,690
The production values are very HBO, these episodes look very expensive. The CGI alone looks really good and expensive.

They did not cut corners with this show.
I'm personally not a fan of zombie movies, but it's Druckmann's way of storytelling made 'The Last of US' so successful, and also had me appreciate it. The way the story is told with interesting character is what he does well. The atmosphere he created in 'The Last of Us' game was just top notch. There is no other. He knows how to present it in interesting ways, which is what it takes to be a good creator/director.

Same for GoT, I'm not big on fantasy, and it's the way it was done. It's the presentation that matters most. LOTR movies bores me. Character building is very important. I didn't find Jackson to be good at character building. Characters just felt flat in those movies. When you play 'The Last of Us,' it's a lot about the characters, in how well they are built.

To be honest, I didn't like the story of the sequel to 'The Last of Us' game. The first one worked really well.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #24,096 of 24,690
I'm personally not a fan of zombie movies, but it's Druckmann's way of storytelling made 'The Last of US' so successful, and also had me appreciate it. The way the story is told with interesting character is what he does well. The atmosphere he created in 'The Last of Us' game was just top notch. There is no other. He knows how to present it in interesting ways, which is what it takes to be a good creator/director.

Same for GoT, I'm not big on fantasy, and it's the way it was done. It's the presentation that matters most. LOTR movies bores me. Character building is very important. I didn't find Jackson to be good at character building. Characters just felt flat in those movies. When you play 'The Last of Us,' it's a lot about the characters, in how well they are built.

To be honest, I didn't like the story of the sequel to 'The Last of Us' game. The first one worked really well.
I love zombie movies before it was popular, it was a dark time when I just rewatched George Romero movies to get my zombie fix.

Don't know anything about the game so that aspect doesn't affect me as a viewer of the show.

Dont forget nudity, they intentionally flooded the first episode with nudity to keep your attention while explaining the complex story line. And not just regular nudity, alot of perfect breasts in the first episode.

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #24,097 of 24,690
I love zombie movies before it was popular, it was a dark time when I just rewatched George Romero movies to get my zombie fix.

Don't know anything about the game so that aspect doesn't affect me as a viewer of the show.

Dont forget nudity, they intentionally flooded the first episode with nudity to keep your attention while explaining the complex story line. And not just regular nudity, alot of perfect breasts in the first episode.
Yes, I was purposely trying to state the obvious in this pg-13 website, but the cat is out of the basket now. No goin back. Boob, boobs, and more boobs. I don't like to admit this, but I luv boobs! Just perfect boobs 10/10 boobs. Neil Druckmann, thank you for the perfect boobs! You got taste.

Sorry for the spoiler folks, I wanted for yall to discover the boobs on your own.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #24,098 of 24,690
Most recently I watched a film called "Stutz." It's a documentary about Jonah Hill and his psychiatrist. There's some great content in there. Some happy, some sad, however well worth the watch. I'd give it a 5/5 rating.

Jan 25, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #24,099 of 24,690
The Menu - 7/10
Masquerading as a thriller revolving a crazy chef, this is an interesting, albeit dark and satirical take on the arts and artistry as a whole. A great take on the dynamics between artists and the relevant stakeholders in the modern world - critics, patrons, investors, sponsors, and of course, 'influencers'.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #24,100 of 24,690
Triangle of Sadness - 7.5/10

This one is probably unlike anything you've seen in awhile. It seems marketed as a comedy, but it really doesn't feel like one, which isn't a negative.
There's quite a few really nasty scenes. Can't imagine what it would be like to watch them in a theater!
Worth watching for sure. This has some themes similar to "Parasite" but this is far better IMO.

The Aviator - 7/10

Some of the best acting there is, but found this way too long and not all that interesting. Feels sort of like Oscar bait.

Tucker: The Man and his Dreams - 6/10

Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker - 9/10

I was surprised how much I liked this Netflix documentary, especially the last half.

Jan 25, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #24,101 of 24,690
The Point Men 2023

This movie has recorded 1 million total moviegoers at Korean theatres, must be pretty good. Can't wait to hear it on my audio system.

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #24,102 of 24,690
so I recently watched Raiders of the Lost Ark since I found out all the Indiana Jones movies were free on Prime Video, and I have to say this was just plain fun. It was an immensely enjoyable watch, and I can definitely see why this movie series is so well loved (at least the first three. I watched the fourth one when it fist came out so I don't remember much about it. Will have to rewatch to understand why it wasn't liked as much).

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #24,105 of 24,690
My name is vendetta net flix 2022

Norwegian flick, dubbed, with Sicilian mafia story of family vengeance after hit men kill her family. This has a real edge, with face cracking bats, crow bar breaking heads, head shots, gruesome knife wounds to kidneys. Having said all that, not bad vengeance from a young female. I liked it but not so much for the Gen public, so probably just me giving 3.75 puffs out of 5. Bit draggy in parts but heck, I’m easily entertained.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back