Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 21, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #24,016 of 24,690
Tulsa King 8/10

Taylor Sheridan can do no wrong in this industry.

Sylvester Stallone as a mobster, surprising that he's never played this kind of role in his entire career but plays it so well. Just watching Stallone play a role he was born to play makes it interesting. Everything else is just a bonus.

Nov 24, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #24,017 of 24,690
The violence action 2022 net flix

always looking for the next kick ass, the next chocolate, the next Anna. Nothing like an underdog assassin whether female, kid, or idiot savant. This is fun, sure great fight scenes in a campy kinda unreality way, which is a shame for me. Reality makes it real, this action is fun, amusing, and a little unreal, with snippets of gruesome coup de grace in a slaughter kinda a way. There’s violence and there’s action I guess. For that and being sub titled it just gets 3.5 puffs out of 5. So still looking

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #24,019 of 24,690
Enjoy your holidays everyone!

Chris Pratt is so funny, and I had no idea Jennifer Lawrence was so funny as well. Their chemistry is amazing! If you watch any video with two of them in it, it's so funny! It would have been interesting if she was in Guardians. Chris Pratt's brain is a child. lol Chris wins with that last statement, just genius!

Oh my gawd she's hiliarious

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #24,020 of 24,690

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - 7.8/10

I had no idea it would be this short. It's too short! Other than that, it was fun. You can't expect much from how short it was. If it was feature length, I would rate is higher.

I luv Cosmo the Spacedog! That was the highlight for me. I like her giggle. I luv how James Gunn represents the Guardian characters.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #24,021 of 24,690
Little House on the Prairie (Season 1) - 10/10

Yes, really. If you grew up in the 80s like me you probably watched this every week.
It's one of those rare wholesome family TV shows that you don't see much of anymore. I miss this.
Also, what happened to those old shows where they taught your kids about values, doing the right thing and morals etc.
It seems like they banned that in the mid 90s. Maybe people complained they didn't want TV shows to "preach" to kids on how they should act.
I wonder what the last show with this sort of thing in it was? Last ones that come to mind are Doogie Howser MD and Family Ties.
Remember how most shows were in a rural setting? They all eventually had all these shows set in the big cities.
Also it seems like in the 50s they tried to program us into what the perfect family was like.
Husband and wife, 2 kids, dog and white picket fence. The mom was always a housewife and the dad was always wearing a suit.

PS I guess one negative of this show is how they had Native Americans played by white characters with makeup. Some characters had negative views of them too.
The books were definitely negative in it's views of Native Americans. The publisher even edited them because of that. The TV series (so far) isn't anywhere near like that. Some of it's character do call them "Savages" and "Injuns" though. It's basically similar to just about every John Wayne movie. Maybe not that bad.
The character Charles (the dad) is more sympathetic to what they had to go through.

Note: Currently all seasons are on Freevee with ads.
I just finished Season 1 and just bought Season 2 on blu-ray because the ads are annoying!

Also..my god, season 1 is around 25 hours! I loved every second of it though.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #24,024 of 24,690
Few David Chappelle standups I've seen recently:

What's in a Name - (8/10)
Although the intention of this one is not primarily for humor, I like this one a lot due to the way he talks here (it's very personal to him, and he comes off mature, but I would guess he's less funny than his youth), and what happens in the end.

The Closer - (7/10)

Probably the least funny of his standups I've seen. Few highlights here and there, but not he Chappelle I was expecting. It's probably because he's getting old. He's not in his prime.

Chappelle is one of my top comedians, but I'm starting to get bored of his routine once I start to realize his routine patterns.

Well, Will Farrell's commencement speech was a gold mine even though commencement speeches are not generally for humor.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #24,025 of 24,690
Monster hunter netflix 2020

Oh mila mila mila, not even your professionalism in action adventure, underdog fear, and general bad assedness can't make wine from water, but if your thirsty for action, monsters, and one on one fighting, you can drink from this oasis of swill. 3.5 puffs for mila, tony jaa, and spiders big and small.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #24,026 of 24,690
Doc Martin (Season 10) - 8/10

One of the worst seasons, but still very good. I'd actually probably rank them all as a 9 or 10! There are really no bad episodes.
The negative of this season is that not much happens. No really memorable episodes.
This was supposed to be the last season but I think we might still see another one!

It's too bad this seems to be an Acorn streaming service exclusive. I hope they let you buy it at least.
I have a friend that loves the show and in their country it's impossible to watch Season 10 right now.

PS still binge watching "Little House on the Prairie" season 2. I bought the blu-ray of it but nearly finished it on FreeVee before it even arrived!
Each season is at least 20 hours so it's going to take a lot of time and energy to finish them all.
In the two seasons so far there has only been one episode I didn't love.

Who would have thought a family friendly PG-like show could be so good..

I'm also surprised how many parts I remember that were still buried in my brain from when I had seen the show a lot when I was a kid.
I used to watch it weekly when I was around 8 years old. Now i'm 42! Seasons 1 and 2 were made around 1974-1975.
The show takes place around 1874 and sort of based on true events.

Dec 2, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #24,028 of 24,690
Loved guardians hope they don’t exclusive stream, but I’m sure they will. we have our groot as a fixture.

2C528BC2-53A4-47A6-975E-D48DAF0D26DB.jpeg

Dec 3, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #24,029 of 24,690
Troll Netflix 2022 Norway

ok so re hashed Godzilla flick with depletion of natural resources and exploitation inserted over nuclear radiation. Is there any new ploy to the war of the worlds type ending to this Norwegian remake, a little, but devils lettuce aside, I recommend. 4 puffs out of 5, and surprise surprise, you won’t turn it off.

Dec 3, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #24,030 of 24,690
Troll Netflix 2022 Norway

ok so re hashed Godzilla flick with depletion of natural resources and exploitation inserted over nuclear radiation. Is there any new ploy to the war of the worlds type ending to this Norwegian remake, a little, but devils lettuce aside, I recommend. 4 puffs out of 5, and surprise surprise, you won’t turn it off.

Hightlight of the trailer: Hey! Ho!, Let's go. That was golden.

But, looks Siiiiiiiick!!!! Kidding. 😁

Luv the song however. Damn good song! Sounds so compressed. I'm pumped this morning after listening to this (I'd be more pumped if there were dynamics in the recording). I need to play this every mornin. I want to be a Ramone. Feel me?

Damn this is awsome!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back