Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #23,611 of 24,690
I will watch those and I agree wholeheartedly about Parasite, it was like watching the slow pace that is normal with a stunted and abrupt ending... Reminds me of these Oscar chasing movies but for appealing to a world market with sensationalism, I need to check out those I might have seen memories of murder. If your ok with extreme content try to watch Beyond Evil, it's just.... insane
It's like many circumstances when it comes to awards. The genius was present, but at the time not enough people recognized to give the deserving award. Once he becomes recognized, Parasite came out, and thus got the award despite his older stuff being better.

Same goes for From Soft video games. From Soft made many master pieces, and recent Elden Ring became the most praised due to recognition built up over the years.

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #23,612 of 24,690
Something I never understood about Japaneses motion picture industry. There are at least double the population in Japan, but motion picture industry isn't great compared to Korea.

But, there are good stuff that probably don't get recognized much, but praised outside the country more? Maybe good stuff don't get reinforced to do more of it?

Couple film series from Japan I liked.

It's not like I enjoyed the story in this one, but I liked how it was shot

I really liked this one very much. I like Shunji Iwai. His visuals are so interesting.

I liked this one a lot. This was so original. I luv'd how this was shot.

I'm looking for films like the above. I like to know more films like Shunji Iwai style.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #23,613 of 24,690
This is the kind of Batman I would like to see. Lots of gadgets, and Gordon seems like what I would expect. I know it's a video game. I wish it was represented this way. I really like the Batmobile in this game as well. I know it's not the greatest game, but I like the visual concepts in this game.

To me, Batman is a gothic James Bond. He fits with certain style. Gadgets and certain types of vehicles.

I think Batman: The Killing Joke's graphic novel's Batman representation is the most ideal.
e30renye9dl71-jpg -1042×1600- 4-29-2022 1-05-43 PM.png

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #23,615 of 24,690
This one is hyping up a lot for a new show with only 3 episodes released so far. Curious about this one because it's quirky lookin, and I like quirky.

Interesting soundtracks as well

Saw all 3 episodes so far. I liked Ep 1 the best. Good intro to the show with good dialog and humor. Not sure about episodes after that. It falls off a little, but there are some moments in the subsequent episodes.

I do like how the plotlines is carried out. The little girl Anya is a fun character for sure, especially the fact that she can read minds, which was a fun idea. Anya seems like Calvin from Calavin and Hobbs.

It a fun show, and has feel good moments as well. Character development is very good.

I can understand why this show is rising in popularity.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #23,616 of 24,690
Pachinko - (7.8/10)

I had high hopes for this series since it's based on New York Times best seller fiction, and it's a different kind of fiction. A fiction that is based on historical research. The author, Min Jin Lee is a former lawyer with a history major background (Yale).

I saw 7/8 episodes so far, and I didn't like how it turned out. There is no focus on the narrative of the show. The plot is all over the place. I know it's a story about 3 generation of Korean immigrants to Japan and the US, and I think they tried to pack all the different generation narratives into 8 episodes. Which is the reason why it's not focused and not so impactful of a story.

Although it's an American production, there is some of the kdrama aspects I really don't like. I find kdrama themes too cliche.

I disliked the intro of the show. It's cheezy, with the dancing.

Highlights are the cinematography. Probably one of the best I've seen on TV, and it's very fitting for the show. Acting is pretty good for the most part.

The main thing that I commend of the show is that it exposes masses to the oppressive history of what Koreans endured under Japanese occupation and in Japan. People suffering from oppression in history should never be swept under the rug or be hidden. It should be exposed for the masses so that people don't get treated like that again, and people's suffering at least get resolved in their hearts (denial will not)!

There is a plot point I really did like. I liked the story about the old lady that would not sell her home for any amount of money. I liked this because it expresses the pain she went through in life. I know human have a conscience, but people still got treated this way?! This is the kinds of story they should focus on!

I wanted to see more on the very cruel oppressive stuff people had to endure. That would have been the most interesting to see. I want to experience it. Too really nail stuff, show the pain people went through. This is the best way to have people understand and not take it lightly.
To me, Minami really stood out with her performance. Not much spotlight on this actress despite her apparent talents. She did a great job in her role. I felt her performance made her scene feel real.

There really isn't much on her. She was Ken Watanabe's spouse

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #23,617 of 24,690
Tenet 7/10

Was like some kind of Interstellar/Inception light. Not quite as good as those but still innovative.

Dune 6,5/10

Pretty overrated. Has crazy cinematics, sound and sense of scale but basically no depth or any characters you'd care for except for the father.

The Circle 6,5/10

Better than i thought. Setting was realistic, overall more conclusive than you'd think and especially the comments that were presented while Mae was streaming made it for me. A part of them really sounded like comments you'd read on youtube/reddit/4chan etc and not the kind of stuff you'd usually see when movies try to present made up posts or comments.

May 2, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #23,619 of 24,690
Visuals are so amazing. My fav Nolan visuals. It takes a lot to digest and to me that's the fun of it. Conceptually, very cool once you digest.
I didn’t get it, something about going backwards…. Course just imo

May 2, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #23,620 of 24,690
My spy 2020 net flix.

all right it’s an old formula and it works. Made me tear up a couple of times, good for the soul

May 2, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #23,621 of 24,690
Line of duty 2019 net flix

see above except insert teen for 9 year old kid. Fine feel good stuff for the soul

May 4, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #23,624 of 24,690
The hunt 2020 net flix

ok first, star studded movie that should be a B movie and frankly is. Who did the director know, Hilary swank as mrs evil and this is us dude, in a human hunt movie with a twist. It’s hilarious and even tho the premis is so been there done that, it’s worth the 90 minutes I guess, I lol, and thought I wonder how this will turn out. So success of a B rate movie

May 4, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #23,625 of 24,690
The hunt 2020 net flix

ok first, star studded movie that should be a B movie and frankly is. Who did the director know, Hilary swank as mrs evil and this is us dude, in a human hunt movie with a twist. It’s hilarious and even tho the premis is so been there done that, it’s worth the 90 minutes I guess, I lol, and thought I wonder how this will turn out. So success of a B rate movie

lmao paused 24 seconds in, I am watching this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back