Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 15, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #16,756 of 24,670
Feb 15, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #16,757 of 24,670
Had a bit of a movie weekend, watching three films.

1. Edge of tomorrow. Very entertaining, even though I haven't like tom cruise since top gun. I'd give it 8/10.

2. The Expendables 3. Don't know why I expected more, as it was always going to be a cheesy shoot 'em up. Very simple plot, awkward dialog and perhaps the only redeeming feature being humour in the absurdity. 4/10

3. Transcendence. Wow, just wow. So much assumed and also stated, with the expectation of acceptance without explanation. Even more far fetched than edge of tomorrow, but so much less enjoyable. 3/10

Feb 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #16,758 of 24,670
3. Transcendence. Wow, just wow. So much assumed and also stated, with the expectation of acceptance without explanation. Even more far fetched than edge of tomorrow, but so much less enjoyable. 3/10

Yeah, this one was awful. It started off great, and it had me pretty intrigued, but then it just got ridiculous. 

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #16,760 of 24,670
Has anyone seen Jupiter Ascending?

I want to watch it because Channing Tatum stars in it but a friend of a friend said it was not that good of a movie so I'm really confused now.

Why must you see anything wth Channing Tatum? Are you a stalker :D

Since it´s made of Wachowski I have to see it but I am hearing it´s superbad. But internet has been wrong before.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #16,762 of 24,670
Big hero 6: 9.5/10

Big Hero 6 is beautiful and creative. Everything in there is done perfectly. The framework is stunning, especially in the car chase scene. The character are also really good, especially the similarities between Hiro and Professor Robert Callaghan, as they both going through the loss of their loved ones. Genius.

However, the death of Hiro's brother and how parent-less he is, is too ******* forced. Also, the plot is ******* predictable. Ooohh the obvious bad guy wasn't the villain ooohhh so smart...

The Boxtrolls: 7.5/10

People have been hating Song of the Sea because The Lego Movie wasn't nominated. However it is not true. The Song of the Sea was made by the genius behind The Secret of Kells, which is amazing, and creative. So I expect that film is oscar-worthy. However, this one is not.

The Boxtrolls is the third movie by Laika and it is their weakest one. The plot is a mess. It looks, at first, a movie about animal protection, but then it's a movie about identity, and then a movie about how to be ourselves. It is a mess. The characters are fine, although what do you expect? It's Laika. The animation is very lively though. Comparing to previous work, it has higher quality and better textures, making it looks like CGI. But what do you expect? It's Laika!!! 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #16,763 of 24,670
Project Almanac.  3/10.  The Twilight generations answer to a Time Travel movie. Simplistic teen angst mess with pretty faces and high camera angles on low cut tops. Wait for it on a Sunday afternoon TV viewing if you absolutely must watch it.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #16,764 of 24,670
  Project Almanac.  3/10.  The Twilight generations answer to a Time Travel movie. Simplistic teen angst mess with pretty faces and high camera angles on low cut tops. Wait for it on a Sunday afternoon TV viewing if you absolutely must watch it.

The previews led me to believe it was something like Chronicle from a few years back...am I way off? 

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #16,766 of 24,670

I actually saw the trailer for this and think it looked quite interesting kind of plot line that seemed quite unique but you've given it such a bad review I'm not so sure anymore.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #16,769 of 24,670
I just watched Chronicle last night for the second time.  I think that's one of the better ones recently.  Just kept ramping up and up into some serious ****!  Really liked it.

I also really like Big Hero 6.  Great movie.

Gone Girl was uh, 2.5 hours long.  Decent.  No spoilers for you.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #16,770 of 24,670
I actually saw the trailer for this and think it looked quite interesting kind of plot line that seemed quite unique but you've given it such a bad review I'm not so sure anymore.

I hate to sound condescending so if I do call me out on it please. This is definitely a teeniebopper film with really poor character development. If you had not seen any kind of time travel film in your life before, this might be ok, barely. The way it is stitched together it leaves you with no liking for the main characters and the surprise ending is easily figured out about 3 seconds into the film. I"'ll follow you down", while largely ignored is a much better film and thats really not saying a whole lot. At least it had a level of maturity and plausibility. It easy to see where they got the entire plotline from for "Almanac"and then decided to flesh it out (or not) with standard high school non personalities.

Project Almanac was produce by... Michael Bay!!!

Go watch Kingsman instead.

That explains the plagiarized plot then. Why doesn't he go and do Nicaraguan Musicals with Jim Cameron?

If you want to see something of a similar ilk that doesn't treat you like a moron. Have a look at "Coherence". No gee were so cool, no overblown special effects, just an intriguing plot line and deep characterizations. Very similar in tone and style to "The Man From Earth"

Kingsman is on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back