Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #12,031 of 24,649
Seeking A Friend for the end of the World was another one I just couldn't get through all the way. Even the Missus told me to turn it off. Something about Steve Carell and his "pathetic everyman" humor just makes me want to bleed myself out.

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #12,032 of 24,649
Quote:
Last movie....Tinker,Tailor, Soldier,Spy.

What a cast! Thankfully, I went into it knowing it was not an action flick, but more of a cerebral film. I had heard from a couple family members that it was hard to follow, but I knew that one of them preferred action movies, and the other had trouble with the English accents. I watched it on my tablet with my HFI-780s so I had no trouble following the dialogue.

That movie is probably the most realistic I've seen as far as spy movies go. Important events unfold, but its never explosive and in your face. And the acting is awesome.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #12,033 of 24,649
Quote:
Seeking A Friend for the end of the World was another one I just couldn't get through all the way. Even the Missus told me to turn it off. Something about Steve Carell and his "pathetic everyman" humor just makes me want to bleed myself out.

just finished it. 3/10. im not a fan of steve, but that certainly took the cake for the worst movie ive seen him in.

Looper 8/10. nice. few odds here and there but enjoyable.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #12,034 of 24,649
The worst movie you've ever seen Steve in? O.o

Bruce and Evan Almighty? Dinner for Schmucks? Get Smart? Date Night? Dan in Real Life? Maybe you just haven't seen those lol.
Quote:
just finished it. 3/10. im not a fan of steve, but that certainly took the cake for the worst movie ive seen him in.

Looper 8/10. nice. few odds here and there but enjoyable.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #12,035 of 24,649
Quote:

That movie is probably the most realistic I've seen as far as spy movies go. Important events unfold, but its never explosive and in your face. And the acting is awesome.

Realistically booring yes. Acting is not awesome. There is no acting. They just show you their poker faces so if you see any acting they fail. Keanu Reeves would have totally owned this movie :D
I agree the movie has a lot of great actors but they don´t get any chance to shine at all. 

Also maybe you have to read the book or seen the previous movies to enjoy it. But it was like watching paint dry and I don´t really have a problem with "slow" movies. But they have to give me something.
Watch the extra material it´s if possible even more non interesting.No extra points for the ridiculous amount of noise they added to it either :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #12,036 of 24,649
Tora, Tora, Tora - 9/10

Found my lost DVD of it and had to watch it again after seeing the Japanese film Isoroku (about Admiral Yamamoto). Many people would find this movie slow, but I liked it. It's almost more like a documentary and is quite accurate. You wouldn't believe how many mistakes we made before the attack on Pear Harbor. We even spotted their planes and submarines way ahead of time!

Patton - 7.5/10

Perfect acting and script, but somehow this just wasn't all that interesting for me to watch. I swear I knew people in real life with this guy's personality!
By the end my reaction was like "That's it?"

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #12,037 of 24,649
Quote:
The worst movie you've ever seen Steve in? O.o

Bruce and Evan Almighty? Dinner for Schmucks? Get Smart? Date Night? Dan in Real Life? Maybe you just haven't seen those lol.

Why the fug are you seeing all these Steve Carrell movies if you don't care for Steve Carrell movies? 

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #12,038 of 24,649
Quote:

Upcoming today.....The Hobbit

Saw it today, the normal 2D version. I had gone with my mother and sister, and they both apparently get headaches and such from 3D, even at traditional framerates.

While I can say there certainly was extra stuff added in, I was still rather entertained...and the theater I was in had much better surround sound than the one I saw The Avengers and TDKR in earlier this year. Certainly worth the $8 it cost to get in.

That said, I'm curious how they will make two more movies from what is left to occur in the book....
blink.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #12,039 of 24,649
Quote:

That said, I'm curious how they will make two more movies from what is left to occur in the book....
blink.gif

oh, don't worry...they'll figure out a way...

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #12,040 of 24,649
I truly wanted to enjoy this movie...I really, really did. Not only am I a HUGE Clint fan, but I love sports movies in general. Moneyball was one of the few films I've actually purchased over the last five years or so and I've enjoyed repeat viewings. I figured this might be like the anti-moneyball...sort of a love song to the old fashioned ways of baseball in terms of talent acquisition and development. And it many ways, this held true. But wow, the amazingly poor writing and stiff acting really became distracting to me. I feel like maybe this was geared more toward a female audience, whereas I had it pegged for guys. I'm glad I saw it, and I certainly didn't hate it, but I do consider it a disappointment. 

Trouble with the Curve - 6.4/10

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #12,041 of 24,649
Even with the poor reviews, I was stoked for this film. I could take him or leave him when it comes to Colin Farrell, so his presence as the lead was a non-issue. Loved the two babes, though....Kate and Jessica. In fact, Kate did a GREAT job of selling the badass. That really caught me by surprise. I thought the first half was very promising. I loved the pacing, I thought the acting was solid, and the special effects were strong. But the 2nd half is where it lost me. The intensity waned and I just all of a sudden didn't care much for how it ended. 

Total Recall - 7.0/10

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #12,044 of 24,649
I like Steve. I'm just pointing out that he's been in a lot of terrible movies. :p
Quote:

Why the fug are you seeing all these Steve Carrell movies if you don't care for Steve Carrell movies? 

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #12,045 of 24,649
Quote:
I like Steve. I'm just pointing out that he's been in a lot of terrible movies. :p

Oh okay...

I have a few friends who are always dumping on Will Ferrell, yet they continue to go to his films...I don't get it at all lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back