Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #11,281 of 24,690
The Amazing Spiderman- 7.5/10

I found it a little bit better than the older hollywood spiderman series but in the end it felt like a rehash of the same things
spiderman vs. scary mutant monster
however it was time well spent and better than the average popcorn movie that mostly pops up

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #11,285 of 24,690
Quote:
Kind of makes me want to see it, but I absolutely hate Craig as Bond (and as an actor for the most part). 

Oh, it's so good MT! I'd say set aside your hate and open to it. 

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #11,286 of 24,690
Quote:
Kind of makes me want to see it, but I absolutely hate Craig as Bond (and as an actor for the most part). 

That's how I felt about Pierce Brosnan...set the Bond franchise back YEARS, in my opinion lol

Windsor: So glad to hear the love...it doesn't open in the states for another week or so I think, but I'll be there to check it out for sure. Can't wait. 

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #11,288 of 24,690
The only Bond I actually disliked was Dalton. I prefer Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Craig, Brosnan, and Dalton in that order. I used to like Brosnan better than Craig, but Craig is growing on me.

I just saw Iron Sky, a revisionist historical comedy with a sci-fi twist.

I think it was supposed to be funny but it was not. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something, 4/10.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #11,289 of 24,690
Quote:
I just saw Iron Sky, a revisionist historical comedy with a sci-fi twist.
I think it was supposed to be funny but it was not. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something, 4/10.

I found it mildly amusing, in the sense that seeing every attempt at humor fall on its face made it amusing.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #11,290 of 24,690
Quote:
That's how I felt about Pierce Brosnan...set the Bond franchise back YEARS, in my opinion lol

Pretty much how I felt.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #11,291 of 24,690
Quote:
Pretty much how I felt.

I'm honestly surprised how many people liked Brosnan...with all due respect to Morbid, of course. I felt as if the Brosnan Bond was almost a parody of previous Bonds. I grew up with Roger Moore in the role, and I appreciated how they often saved all the Bond panache (so to speak) for the end of the film. For the most part, the RM films had a relatively serious tone throughout, with a slight touch of humor or levity thrown in here and there. And then in the end, after a hard days work, Bond was on some yacht with a babe blowing off HQ and drifting off carelessly into the starry night. The Brosnan version seemed unrealistic to the degree that it was like he was a superhero. The action scenes were way over the top and he seemed to almost mock the circumstances as he went. I HATED that aspect of it. 

With Craig, it's like Bond has been fused with Jason Bourne, and being a huge fan of the Bourne films, I was stoked. Bond is an imperfect, rough around the edges, emotionally scarred, brute of a spy. He's aggressive and he takes risks, but the risks often don't pay off. Anyone who knows me knows that I think it's a cop out when the "blue skies, everybody lives happily ever after" endings are forced. I know studios want people to leave the theater feeling like they had a sunshine enema, but I really don't like it. I have MUCH more respect for a film that will dare to be dark. I'll even settle for dark-er. And that's what we get with the current Bond. And it's why Skyfall is one of the movies I've been really eager to see. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #11,293 of 24,690

Amazing..................... 9.5 out of 10

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #11,294 of 24,690
At least Brosnan was smooth though. Craig plays such a rough cut Bond. That's not what Bond is supposed to be, IMO. That's what frustrates me. 

He plays gritty rolls well, but anything that requires a range of emotions...good luck, Dan.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #11,295 of 24,690
Quote:

I'm honestly surprised how many people liked Brosnan...with all due respect to Morbid, of course. I felt as if the Brosnan Bond was almost a parody of previous Bonds. I grew up with Roger Moore in the role, and I appreciated how they often saved all the Bond panache (so to speak) for the end of the film. For the most part, the RM films had a relatively serious tone throughout, with a slight touch of humor or levity thrown in here and there. And then in the end, after a hard days work, Bond was on some yacht with a babe blowing off HQ and drifting off carelessly into the starry night. The Brosnan version seemed unrealistic to the degree that it was like he was a superhero. The action scenes were way over the top and he seemed to almost mock the circumstances as he went. I HATED that aspect of it. 

With Craig, it's like Bond has been fused with Jason Bourne, and being a huge fan of the Bourne films, I was stoked. Bond is an imperfect, rough around the edges, emotionally scarred, brute of a spy. He's aggressive and he takes risks, but the risks often don't pay off. Anyone who knows me knows that I think it's a cop out when the "blue skies, everybody lives happily ever after" endings are forced. I know studios want people to leave the theater feeling like they had a sunshine enema, but I really don't like it. I have MUCH more respect for a film that will dare to be dark. I'll even settle for dark-er. And that's what we get with the current Bond. And it's why Skyfall is one of the movies I've been really eager to see. 

Craig plays the role closer to the original Bond in Ian Fleming books.  When I read the books I was disappointed when I was younger because I expected the Sean Connery/Roger Moore superhero.  I think it is a matter of taste which version of Bond you want. I like what Craig has done with the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back