Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 24, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #11,222 of 24,690
Interesting reading.  Definitely going to check out Moon.. thanks for that.

I agree with the 7/10 for Prometheus.  I didn't know about the deleted scenes and my first impression was that it is typical of movies that have good ideas but get rushed and filled with suspense building at the expense of clear story.  Not the worst I've seen for that by far but it should have been a longer film.

Looper was a great movie I think.  Fascinating story and tastefully done.  I'd give it a solid 8.5/9

The 2011 remake of an all time classic of Japanese cinema, Harakiri was a dud.  The lighting and set work was really well done but they took a great movie and filled it full of heroic cliche.  They destroyed the subtlety and innuendo and misrepresented, what I think, is the Budo character; way too emotional and out of control.

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #11,223 of 24,690
Quote:

I'd also put Blade Runner in the same category.

Absolutely...good call. That would actually make for a great double feature one night. If I do a double, I will often have them from two different genres, but these two films are so different from one another that I think it would work great. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #11,224 of 24,690
Event Horizon, Solaris and Sunrise also. As for Solaris sorry Tarkovskiy but this is one in a lifetime experience where the hollywood remake is better.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #11,225 of 24,690
We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists

8.5/10 - If you have an in depth understanding of DDoS (electronic internet sit-ins),email bombing,internet freedom of speech and data wipe outs,you will enjoy this film about the hacking collective 'Anonymous'.

Otherwise,your interest will likely fall off exponentially as the documentary unfolds and score it 5/10 for bored to tears.

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #11,226 of 24,690
Quote:
Magic Mike - 1.2/10

What was this?? Honestly, I saw absolutely no point to this film. There was basically no story whatsoever. For me, this is easily the most overrated film of the year and how it got a high score on RT is way WAY beyond me. About half way into it, I looked over at my friend and said, "do you like this?" And she said, "it just seems like nothing is really happening."  I would really like those two hours of my life back. 

LOL.i saw this crap yesterday as well. i honestly dont know what to say.its just terrible in everything.

Outlander. 5/10. pfff.not bad.a so-so movie

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #11,227 of 24,690
Quote:
LOL.i saw this crap yesterday as well. i honestly dont know what to say.its just terrible in everything.

LOL totally agree...did you see the rating on RT??  This is truly the biggest "What" in a long time for me. The film literally did not develop a single story line the entire time...it was just like little bits of stuff thrown together, interspersed with naked guys jumping around on stage (even the lady friend got tired of this lol). They could have done SO much more with the bonds between "The Kid" and Mike, and Mike and the sister. The scene between Mike and the club owner had literally no set-up and came completely out of nowhere. I just did not get this at all...awful, awful film. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #11,228 of 24,690
Quote:
We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists

8.5/10 - If you have an in depth understanding of DDoS (electronic internet sit-ins),email bombing,internet freedom of speech and data wipe outs,you will enjoy this film about the hacking collective 'Anonymous'.
Otherwise,your interest will likely fall off exponentially as the documentary unfolds and score it 5/10 for bored to tears.

Seems interesting. I'll have a viewing soon.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #11,229 of 24,690
We are legion. 6/10 a bit of a waste of time as expected.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #11,230 of 24,690
Quote:
The World's Fastest Indian

Awesome/10!

Watch it!

I agree! And what's sad is that if you asked 100 people if they've heard about it, only a few have.
For those that don't know, it's a true story about a guy who came to the USA to set a land speed record on his "Indian" motorcycle.
I think it came out in 2005 and i've already seen it maybe a dozen times.

Has one of my favorite movie character's in it too. Hard to believe it's the same guy who played Hannibal Lecter!

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #11,231 of 24,690
Saw this one tonight after seeing lots of positive reviews on Netflix. I enjoyed the film for the most part, but it left too many loose ends and unanswered questions. Films like this are only satisfying to me when there is more of a payoff in the end. If a film is going to ask you to play along and follow the clues just as the cops/protagonists do, then they need to have a payoff in the end that allows you to feel like it was worth the time and effort to ride along. This one sort of fell short in that area. 

In the Electric Mist - 6.8/10

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #11,232 of 24,690
Talk about payoff, I saw "sound of my voice" sometime ago. One of the most perplexing endings ever. In a bad sense.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #11,233 of 24,690
Quote:
Talk about payoff, I saw "sound of my voice" sometime ago. One of the most perplexing endings ever. In a bad sense.

I guess this is the one  you must be referring to since several of the quoted reviews on the front page all say it was a "non-ending" lol  Looks like it got pretty good reviews, though! 

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #11,234 of 24,690
Quote:

I guess this is the one  you must be referring to since several of the quoted reviews on the front page all say it was a "non-ending" lol  Looks like it got pretty good reviews, though! 

Its pretty good until that ending. Totally out of nowhere.
But I won't spoil it for you, if you're planning on watching it.

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #11,235 of 24,690
Quote:
Event Horizon, Solaris and Sunrise also. As for Solaris sorry Tarkovskiy but this is one in a lifetime experience where the hollywood remake is better.

First time I heard the remake of Solaris is better, I may have to break-down and see it.

9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back