Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #9,706 of 24,668

Quote:
The Thing [Blu-ray] / director, Matthijs van Heijningen Jr. Universal Studios, [2012]   -1/10

Did you actually watch it all the way through?  I reserve negatives for those few films that are so bad I have to turn them off or walk out on them.  Films like Breaking the Waves, and Baxter, both of which I found so offensive I had to walk out on on them. 

I had one piss-poor one that I actually sat through the other night....FlyPaper...4/10. Don't bother.

Feb 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #9,707 of 24,668

Quote:
Did you actually watch it all the way through?  I reserve negatives for those few films that are so bad I have to turn them off or walk out on them.  Films like Breaking the Waves, and Baxter, both of which I found so offensive I had to walk out on on them. 

I had one piss-poor one that I actually sat through the other night....FlyPaper...4/10. Don't bother.

Yes I did.  My back hurt like you can't imagine and I couldn't get out of the chair I was in so I was in essence TRAPPED in front of the screen.  The horror...the horror...

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #9,708 of 24,668

Quote:

Breaking the Waves..I remember turning that off. I can't stand any of Lars Von Trier's movies. I can't listen to Bjork's music now because I keep remember that terrible movie "Dancer in the Dark".
I don't think i've ever turned off a movie because it was too offensive. The movie "Wedding Crashers" left a bad taste in my mouth and I can't understand the love for this movie. Same way with "Horrible Bosses", but it got better.
One movie I could barely stomach is Takeshi Kitano's "Blood and Bones". There's not one positive moment in the entire movie and completely depressing. People like the man in the movie don't deserve to live considering they make everyone around them so miserable.
Somehow I got to the end of that movie and don't know if it was worth it. I also turned off a movie called "The Grey Zone" recently because it's way too depressing. It's about these jews that work for the Nazi's in a crematorium.

So for movie in theaters, what movies have you walked out of?

Here's a few:

1) Godzilla (remake)
2) Frequency
3) 10,000 BC (horrible, horrible movie. Gave it an hour I think)

Interesting fact. Two of those are from Roland Emmerich, yet "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow" are two movies I love. He directed those..

I was about 2 seconds from walking out of "Fire Down Below", Speed 2, "A Christmas Carol" and "Inception".
I must be the only person on earth who hated every rotten minute of "Inception". Then there is "The Expendables".
I'm also not sure how I managed to sit through The Phantom Menace or Transformers 2.

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #9,715 of 24,668
But the revenge is the best part.

I will admit that the original film's rape scene was much harder to stomach than the latest (poor) film.
Quote:
I couldn't get past the scene where he kidnaps her in his apartment and starts the abuse.  I guess at my age I'm growing less tolerant of the dark corners of the mind.

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #9,717 of 24,668
I prefer redemption to revenge in movies and in life these days.

Feb 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #9,718 of 24,668
Tropic Thunder is the first movie that comes to mind when I think of being offended by terribleness and walking out of the theater.  Except I was there with my sister and family friends so I had to sit there cringing.  Absolutely the worst kind of humor.  Stupid, mindless, ignorant, shallow and offensive.  When I left the theater I remember feeling like I had lost something that I would never get back. 

Feb 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #9,719 of 24,668
Weird, I loved Tropic Thunder :D

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #9,720 of 24,668

Quote:
I couldn't get past the scene where he kidnaps her in his apartment and starts the abuse.  I guess at my age I'm growing less tolerant of the dark corners of the mind.

I totally get that. I'm more drawn than you to the aspects of life that are entirely foreign to me, but I do have some tabboos that will cause me to walk away. Abuse of children and dogs is pretty high up on my list. Dogs especially for some reason - I have zero tolerance in movies or in real life. Gratuitous violence also can push my buttons, but it will depend largely on context. The original Dragon Tattoo did not bug me that way. I liked the first in the trilogy, but the other two were a yawn. Haven't seen the new one and probably won't bother. The book is quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back