Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 15, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #3,151 of 24,667
Survive Style 5+ - 7.8/10

Has to be one of the wierdest movies I have ever seen, but it works. IMDB states it as a Comedy | Drama | Horror | Mystery | Romance , and those are all true
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #3,154 of 24,667
I watched Wanted (6/10) for the third time last night and can't figure out why I like it so much. It's just another over the top and bloody messiah film. The train set piece is a particularly favorite of mine. It shines on BD too.

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #3,158 of 24,667
Watchmen: Good

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #3,160 of 24,667
The Darjeeling Limited... 7.5/10

Enjoyable! I might actually be getting used to Wes Anderson films.
eek.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #3,162 of 24,667
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was really funny in Quest For Fire when they had to stay up in the tree overnight because of the lion below and the one dude fell out of the tree in the morning when he woke up and thought he was going to get attacked by the lion but it had already left. I have the movie on DVD. That director has another movie I really enjoy done in the 80s called The Bear.

Ours, L' (1988)

"The Bear" - 3/10

Sorry, but I was really underwhelmed. Despite great scenery and cinematography and capitvating animal actors, this is nothing more or less than another Bambesque anti-hunting demagoguery (without Rae Dawn Chong
biggrin.gif
). Despite the fact is is set in British Columbia in 1875, quite possibly the worst time for bad hunting practices in North America, the film makes no sense. Early season hunting of furbearers for their hides is nonsensical. Personification of wild animals to the point of their specific dreams is silly. Ignorance of extended seasonal wild bear ranges makes no sense. Commercial hunters as oaffish and stupid as those protrayed would not last a single season. And continuity which randomly mixes the scenes of three seasons out of order is only confusing.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #3,164 of 24,667
Brazil: Awesome

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #3,165 of 24,667
Ghost World - 7/10
Enjoyable, but I never really understand these tales of suburbia. Seymour was a vinyl lover and held a party to sell his vinyls, it was pretty funny. There was the guy who talked about the "presence" of vinyls, and the other guy who talked about the accuracy of CDs. It immediately made me think of Head-fi. Besides that, the highlights of the film would probably be the end-of-credits treat and Scarlett Johansson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back