Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 6, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #1,622 of 24,664
My Cousin Vinny- 3/10

Shows how bad Pesci is at acting. Makes the bad story even worse. Marisa Tomei is what kept me watching.

Jul 6, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #1,623 of 24,664
Anchorman, The Legend Of Ron Burgundy: 7/10. Mindless '70s style fun, sometimes hilarious. Good comedy to lighten up if you have nothing to do.

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #1,626 of 24,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Charlie Wilson's War" [8.3/10]: The story was interesting. Moved a bit slowly out of the gate. Performances were adequate. Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance was definitely better than adequate and the highlight of this film.

Definitely concur. That movie rocked.

Jul 6, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #1,627 of 24,664
I watched "Some Kind Of Monster" yesterday, the documentary about Metallica's making of St. Anger.

I don't listen to Metallica at all but I think they're a respectable band and they've been through a lot. I thought it was pretty interesting to see what they went through for St. Anger, especially since I don't really know what goes on in the recording and producing process of an album. There were some parts where the delivery of the movie itself got kind of slow, but otherwise is was cool to watch.

7/10

Jul 6, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #1,629 of 24,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by XEN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hancock. Reasonably good, not what I was expecting though. Interesting to see Will Smith as a superhero...

Just got back from seeing it with a friend today. I though it was pretty good. Lot of funny moments.

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #1,631 of 24,664
"The Illusionist" [9.7/10]: What a great movie. I liked "The Prestige" and if I remember correctly 'the Prestige" and "The Illusionist" were released at roughly the same time. I thought that "The Illusionist" was the better movie. It keeps you guessing until the end. Edward Norton and Jessica Beal are great. Very good film, highly recommended!

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #1,632 of 24,664
Quote:

"The Illusionist" [9.7/10]: What a great movie. I liked "The Prestige" and if I remember correctly 'the Prestige" and "The Illusionist" were released at roughly the same time. I thought that "The Illusionist" was the better movie. It keeps you guessing until the end. Edward Norton and Jessica Beal are great. Very good film, highly recommended!

both these movies are great. the soundtrack to the illusionist is by glass -- very good.

small time crooks

a few funny parts. decent view for woody allen fans. (5.5/10)

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #1,633 of 24,664
Sleepover: -10/10. This movie wasn't bad. It wasn't horrible. It was downright offensive and the worst pile of crap I've ever seen on screen. Seriously. No joking. I was looking up a list of films Steve Carell starred in and watched most of them. Unfortunately for me, this was on the list. Steve Carell only plays a very minor role as a security cop who has a couple of moderately funny to unfunny lines. The rest of the film, however, reeks of bad taste and awful plot writing. I suggest you read a few reviews on IMDb, at least you'll get a few laughs out of those.

Jul 7, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #1,634 of 24,664
Quote:

I agree. I saw it when it was cinema's and it was awesome. I didn't really like how it was all revealed so suddenly at the end. I think it should have been more gradual. But it was still really good.

9/10 from me.

Jul 7, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #1,635 of 24,664
I actually figured out both well before the end. Ohh well. Last film I saw was The Incredible Hulk 7/10

It is much better then Ang Lee's craptacular attempt. Lets hope this one gets a sequal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back