RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Aug 8, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #271 of 821
Purchased and used for less than a week and the right channel died. Tried swapping cables and amps to verify it was the iem and not something else. Thankfully I purchased through Amazon and the replacement will be here in a few days. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t happen again.
Strike two (maybe). Got the second set a few days ago. They sound great, just like the first set and both channels work. However, the left channel has a peculiar sound to it, as if it has driver flex. It’s not that loud and can only be heard when no sound is playing through the iem. However, it happens at the slightest movement of my head or jaw. Only the left channel of the replacement set does this. Tried swapping out the ear tips, just in case but it didn’t help. Will try one more replacement set. Hoping I don’t get to three strikes.

Aug 8, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #272 of 821
Strike two (maybe). Got the second set a few days ago. They sound great, just like the first set and both channels work. However, the left channel has a peculiar sound to it, as if it has driver flex. It’s not that loud and can only be heard when no sound is playing through the iem. However, it happens at the slightest movement of my head or jaw. Only the left channel of the replacement set does this. Tried swapping out the ear tips, just in case but it didn’t help. Will try one more replacement set. Hoping I don’t get to three strikes.
I feel a rustle in the left channel when moving as you described, but very weak, also without a cable.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #274 of 821
Does anyone else have this “issue”? If so I’ll chalk it up to design and not return them. Kind of annoying though…
Are you sure it is not the tips? Have you tried foam tips?

Aug 8, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #277 of 821
Mine's fine.

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #278 of 821
If you have the old set with the working left channel I would swap them and see how that works for you. I know they wont be channel matched but it couldn't hurt and might save you an extra replacement set

Aug 8, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #279 of 821
If you have the old set with the working left channel I would swap them and see how that works for you. I know they wont be channel matched but it couldn't hurt and might save you an extra replacement set
Actually, I did just that and the issue was resolved. I’ve been thinking of doing what you suggested before returning the initial set. I don’t believe my ears can tell the difference.

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #281 of 821
I had a set but the bass seemed imbalanced with more bass on the right side, so i returned with amazon and got another one. This new one has the driver flex on the right side, i hear it when i put them on or if i lean on my right side and press the right iem against my arm or something. The new one doesnt have any audio imbalance though so i'll just keep it, not really a big deal to me, i really only hear it when first i put them on.

i'm only worried if the flex is a sign that that side might fail at some point in the future. I dont have experience with planar driver flex so I don't know if its a harmless quirk or a sign of something wrong

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #282 of 821
bone conduction. people have mentioned it but i can't see it specified on the any of the sales descriptions through retailers. is this a thing? is the Piezoelectric driver responsible for this or is there some sort of crossover for it to take the responsibility of high frequencies?

Aug 10, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #283 of 821
bone conduction. people have mentioned it but i can't see it specified on the any of the sales descriptions through retailers. is this a thing? is the Piezoelectric driver responsible for this or is there some sort of crossover for it to take the responsibility of high frequenciesI
I think it acts like a regular driver and gets its signal through a crossover.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #285 of 821
maybe the 'bone conduction' was some miscommunication somewhere between manufacturer>retailers>reviewers/consumers.
Well the idea is the vibrations created by the driver is conducted to the ear drum through bone of skull, so it provides a physical stimulus rather than an acoustic one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back