RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Apr 22, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #76 of 821
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #77 of 821
Ok so when I measured my hook and looked at the only other unit measured (hbb), they looked the same. We both had a uppermid that was smoothed out and dampened around 2-4k.

Since then, a few other graphs have come out from super, tgx, vsg, etc and they are showing measurements closer to the Timeless, S12, etc which has a more elevated and peakier upper mid.

Someone else I knew had taken one apart, I think, and said there was no back filter behind the mesh sticker grill.

I took mine apart yesterday and there is a black filter behind the grill, which I believe is dampening it a bit. Seems like newer production units may not have this?

20220421_205020.jpg

20220421_205046.jpg

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #78 of 821
Ok so when I measured my hook and looked at the only other unit measured (hbb), they looked the same. We both had a uppermid that was smoothed out and dampened around 2-4k.

Since then, a few other graphs have come out from super, tgx, vsg, etc and they are showing measurements closer to the Timeless, S12, etc which has a more elevated and peakier upper mid.

Someone else I knew had taken one apart, I think, and said there was no back filter behind the mesh sticker grill.

I took mine apart yesterday and there is a black filter behind the grill, which I believe is dampening it a bit. Seems like newer production units may not have this?

20220421_205020.jpg

20220421_205046.jpg
I would like you to re-measure it and give your impression on it filter-less. Perhaps even see if burn it makes as big a difference as Redcarmoose makes it out to be.

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #79 of 821
I would like you to re-measure it and give your impression on it filter-less. Perhaps even see if burn it makes as big a difference as Redcarmoose makes it out to be.
This is with no grill on. The filter is glued to the grill, so I can't separate the two without break it all up.

1650653604059.png

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #80 of 821
This is with no grill on. The filter is glued to the grill, so I can't separate the two without break it all up.

1650653604059.png
Wow, is that 2,5k spike audible? I would imagine it is. The overall FR change is quite significant here. What do you prefer, filter or no filter? Also, any change to that midrange grain/low-rez aspect? Perceived resolution increased?

:)

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #82 of 821
I didn't try it with the grill off last night when I did this. Had hangover and didn't wanna deal with potential piercing music hahaha

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #84 of 821
How do you find sound isolation on Hook X? Does it spill some sound outside? Is it noticiable? Wondering if it would be suitable to use it on public transport.
They block outside noise just like regular IEM. They do pretty good, even being in public they would not really let noise in. They do not exhibit any noise pollution when played. You should be fine in public.

Cheers!

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #86 of 821
Apr 23, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #88 of 821
It is just that BGGAR on Youtube mentioned that it spills some sound outside, so I concluded that it is not for me.
Yes, maybe another person who has them can check? To me there was normal amount of sound created from playback? It wasn’t like too much difference from regular IEMs? Pretty much the same.

Definitely not enough to bother somebody near? Not like regular open back headphones?

Apr 23, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #89 of 821
Unless you listen extremely loudly, you won't be bothering other people, and if you are, you are mostly like deaf at that point. :)

This isn't as open as iSine's and I never had any issues wearing those at the office cubicle land.

That said, these are not fully isolating, you'll still hear a little bit of outside noise, so it may not be optimal for airplane usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back