RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Apr 23, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #91 of 821
It looks like a big IEM. How does it sit im the ears?
They are surprisingly comfortable. The TINHIFI P1 MAX is smaller and lower in weight. But still the HOOK-X is super comfy. Take all this with a grain of salt as the IER-Z1R, TRN-Bax and other “bigger” IEMs fit me fine. But most of the fit (to me) comes from the nozzle shape and character. Meaning if the nozzles fit, typically the rest follows. But I actually have about 4 sets of tips that I’ve been trying....the Sony Hybrid Tips, the included tips X2 and the DUNU Blue wide bore. I still find the Sony Hybrids to be the best with sound. But fit is actually slightly better with the included stock tips. Probably the way they exactly fit the nozzle top? But differentiation between the two results in the stock being slightly firmer, where the Sony Tips are softer and more pliable. Though there is a dB or two of bass that the Sony Tips get to which still seems to make them be my tips of choice.

Strangely the Sony Hybrid Tips seem to make the sound smoother all together? I have been trying to figure out why this is?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #92 of 821
They are surprisingly comfortable. The TINHIFI P1 MAX is smaller and lower in weight. But still the HOOK-X is super comfy. Take all this with a grain of salt as the IER-Z1R, TRN-Bax and other “bigger” IEMs fit me fine. But most of the fit (to me) comes from the nozzle shape and character. Meaning if the nozzles fit, typically the rest follows. But I actually have about 4 sets of tips that I’ve been trying....the Sony Hybrid Tips, the included tips X2 and the DUNU Blue wide bore. I still find the Sony Hybrids to be the best with sound. But fit is actually slightly better with the included stock tips. Probably the way they exactly fit the nozzle top? But differentiation between the two results in the stock being slightly firmer, where the Sony Tips are softer and more pliable. Though there is a dB or two of bass that the Sony Tips get to which still seems to make them be my tips of choice.

Strangely the Sony Hybrid Tips seem to make the sound smoother all together? I have been trying to figure out why this is?

Did I miss something? Have compared the HOOK-X with the TinHifi P1 Max? Or, are you still rolling tips? :)

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #93 of 821

@rarewolf

The TINHIFI P1 just needs EQ.

My review for the TINHIFI P1 MAX will be in a day or two and have a comparison to the HOOK-X

desa 2.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #95 of 821
Apr 24, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #96 of 821
I will level with you. This has been somewhat confusing to me as I never EQ. I EQed the Max by adding a smidge of bass, and took a small amount of treble off. Now I really like it.

Still the direct comparisons to the HOOK-X will take paragraphs! Lol

Hopefully in 24 hours I should have the review done!

That seems to be a common observation of planars… that they respond to eq well. Let us know…

Apr 24, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #97 of 821
Edit:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #98 of 821
My gosh. this has been such a long journey. I am finishing up the PLANAR WARS Review. It's going to be a long one. It will post it about 5 hours. But there was much more revealed about the Giant Panda. It's different again?

Lucky I was able to take the time to have a factual and complete review produced.

In Summery:

The HOOK-X is better with soundstage, but still it has less detail then the Giant Panda. There is also a (HOOK-X) Hybrid effect which enables the Panda to be way way better (coherent) with certain music. The PANDA has become noticeably better than I thought once I discovered what it was good at. And it's truly good at a lot. Review to follow today.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #99 of 821
May 3, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #100 of 821
Hello, has anyone ordered these on or around the 14th of April and received them? I've placed my order and paid on April, 14. Then got an email from Linsoul stating they would be shipped at the end of April/beginning of May but no update, yet. I've also emailed them yesterday, still no reply...

May 3, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #101 of 821
@https://www.head-fi.org/members/nick24jj.536679/

I think I may have read somewhere about them being back tomorrow, due to labor day festivities? Coincidentally I had a robot email answer from another company saying also closed until tomorrow. You will enjoy them and find the HOOK-X worthy of patience! Spent a couple days with Giant Panda now this AM back with the HOOK-X once more. Truly unbelievable soundstage. Due to the character of the Panda bass (being faster and less) the HOOK-X bass showed-up profoundly present today!

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #102 of 821
@https://www.head-fi.org/members/nick24jj.536679/

I think I may have read somewhere about them being back tomorrow, due to labor day festivities? Coincidentally I had a robot email answer from another company saying also closed until tomorrow. You will enjoy them and find the HOOK-X worthy of patience! Spent a couple days with Giant Panda now this AM back with the HOOK-X once more. Truly unbelievable soundstage. Due to the character of the Panda bass (being faster and less) the HOOK-X bass showed-up profoundly present today!
Thank you for your reply, I will wait. I am sure they are going to be splendid! Do you think that they will be a good match with the FiiO UTWS5? Perhaps you've never used a UTWS5 but could you say intuitively? @Dsnuts , what do you think?

May 3, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #103 of 821
Thank you for your reply, I will wait. I am sure they are going to be splendid! Do you think that they will be a good match with the FiiO UTWS5? Perhaps you've never used a UTWS5 but could you say intuitively? @Dsnuts , what do you think?
Do they have 2pin and MMCX versions. As I didn’t research that enough but it looked like only MMCX. The HOOK-X is 2 pin. And yes you really can drive them off anything and they get loud enough. Though 60-85 burn-in hours is really mandatory! Also it seems with lesser power/different character sources tip choice is hugely important. I mean bass is subjective and the way I have them set up it’s perfect for me. But the riddle here is they walk a fine line with bass, meaning it’s not extreme DD bass. So due to that you kind of have to tune them. Meaning the Sony Hybrid Tips are still my best tips for them. You may want to look outside the given assortment of tips, especially with lower power sources. Just look for a pair of narrow bore tips if you find the bass lacking. IMO

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #104 of 821
Do they have 2pin and MMCX versions. As I didn’t research that enough but it looked like only MMCX. The HOOK-X is 2 pin. And yes you really can drive them off anything and they get loud enough. Though 60-85 burn-in hours is really mandatory! Also it seems with lesser power/different character sources tip choice is hugely important. I mean bass is subjective and the way I have them set up it’s perfect for me. But the riddle here is they walk a fine line with bass, meaning it’s not extreme DD bass. So due to that you kind of have to tune them. Meaning the Sony Hybrid Tips are still my best tips for them. You may want to look outside the given assortment of tips, especially with lower power sources. Just look for a pair of narrow bore tips if you find the bass lacking. IMO
Thanks a lot :)

Yes, the FiiO UTWS5 comes in 2 versions but I will prefer the MMCX version with some adapters. I will definitely give them 100 hours of burn-in, as the same happened with my [2 pairs off] Timeless. I asked because the UTWS5 appears to be available on AliEpxress now. One pair of my Timeless is permanently hooked on my UTWS5 and I am very satisfied with the sound quality (playing LHDC fixed at 900kbps). With aptX-Adaptive it sounds fine, as well.

I will wait and see...

May I ask you a favor? When you'll have a minute, can you listen a bit to Snoop Dogg - Bush, and talk about the bass a bit?

Thanks so much! :)

May 3, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #105 of 821
Thanks a lot :)

Yes, the FiiO UTWS5 comes in 2 versions but I will prefer the MMCX version with some adapters. I will definitely give them 100 hours of burn-in, as the same happened with my [2 pairs off] Timeless. I asked because the UTWS5 appears to be available on AliEpxress now. One pair of my Timeless is permanently hooked on my UTWS5 and I am very satisfied with the sound quality (playing LHDC fixed at 900kbps). With aptX-Adaptive it sounds fine, as well.

I will wait and see...

May I ask you a favor? When you'll have a minute, can you listen a bit to Snoop Dogg - Bush, and talk about the bass a bit?

Thanks so much! :)
That's a bass demo disk. California Roll has a nice separated sub, full extension, but the magic here is that sub has variation. Some extra lower bass emphasis like after he says Melrose.....................slightly extra bass. There are way more variations than you would guess. I don't normally listen to Rap...........most Rap I heard was in the 1980s. But the technical skill in how they add that extra detail to the bass? Also there are super high-up sparkles (electronic) right at the very first words.........Baby. The last song has a very intense bass in "I'm your Dogg" the bass sounds almost like two bass machines overdubbed as they drift mostly up but once in awhile.......down.

The City is my favorite of the three. Never heard this album before. I love how they alternate the intensity on every other beat. I know the intro--------Grandmaster Melle Mel, White Lines. But this song is great because it mixes the styles of bass together. Both synth bass and actual electric bass are blended to perfection. Incredible. I like it. First time in maybe ever someone gave me music to demo that was amazing. The perfect bass demo record. Maybe the best bass of this style of music? No need to worry, the HOOK-X has you covered as far as bass ability.

I’ll probably roll this album into test disks files, as it shows a dimension to discover for all IEMs. I could tell how it could be an issue for some IEMs to reproduce the complete frequencies as well as the nuances held with-in those frequencies.

My album generalizations:
Probably (somehow) it seems exclusive to hear that almost every drum/bass machine bass note is actually different yet the same? The timing goes almost into place but the notes are improvised on some songs! Wild. You would never guess of the variation being that subtle yet noticeable? That is the individual specialty this album contains! IMO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back