RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Feb 24, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #721 of 821
Thanks for the comparison.

Sounds compelling with the upgraded technicalities that are already a good sell on the hook x. The sibilance might be a worry and the wispiness might be something i like.
Sounds like a trip to test them out for someone like me who has to justify price into the equation.
Definitely try them if you can. Also see if you can listen to the XENNS UP, I think that's a better IEM and more of an upgrade from the Hook-X tuning wise. It's a tiny bit more technically capable than the IE 600 too but be prepared for some tip rolling cause the XENNS UP is a bit picky. There is no sibilance on the UP but it has a slightly Intimate soundstage so if that's a turn off, then look at other alternates.

Mar 9, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #722 of 821
I guess, you can add one more owner of the HBB version with a driver flex, right piece. But it seems to me the left one is having it too, less prominent, but audible. Just wanted to try something different, with a better soundstage, compared to Letshuoer S12 Pro, and alas. Sound wise Raptgo is okish, but to me it lacks of 5kHz (first harmonic) and 8KHz (second harmonic) of cymbals. They sound rather dull and not crispy to me. And the Violin in the end of the "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd is barely audible. Compared to S 12 Pro, of course. I think I am gonna try Z12 for a greater bass and highs. Soundstage will suck though.

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #724 of 821
Hello, just a newbie question,

Can I use a cable with longer pins on my Hook-X or will it destroy the connectors? Can I use a cable like the one shown in the photo?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #725 of 821

Can I use a cable with longer pins on my Hook-X or will it destroy the connectors? Can I use a cable like the one shown in the photo?

You can.

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #726 of 821
Thank you for your response! Can I go all the way in or will this damage any internal part of the Hook-X? I have the original version.

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #727 of 821

Thank you for your response! Can I go all the way in or will this damage any internal part of the Hook-X? I have the original version.
You should be fine. Having said that, I would simply insert it carefully the first time you try it to make sure (don't force it if you feel it bottom out). Generally, unless it is a variation of diameter of the pins, or has a countersink, two pin connectors are pretty standard.

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #728 of 821
Go all the way in is the way to go! xD I have used third party 0.78mm and it works just fine. The depth of the 2pin connector on the Hook-X is pretty deep unlike my UM mest mk2.

Apr 20, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #729 of 821
Go all the way in is the way to go! xD I have used third party 0.78mm and it works just fine. The depth of the 2pin connector on the Hook-X is pretty deep unlike my UM mest mk2.
Thank you, master! I will follow your advise!

May 9, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #734 of 821
Looks like they are going the 'Kinetic Bass' route, ala FIR Audio:

1_6_7123319e-3942-47fa-bd58-2a9a69fc8937.jpg

I find FIR's BCD is the best in the business, so hopefully it helps here. It is apparently hooked up to a 6 mm AMT...

Makes sense. The Hook-X was hyped as BCD enhanced but most people didn’t hear it. This is clearly an effort to upgrade the BCD and make it actually relevant to the sound. Though I must say that to my ears the PZT is absolutely active on the Hook-X.

May 9, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #735 of 821
Makes sense. The Hook-X was hyped as BCD enhanced but most people didn’t hear it. This is clearly an effort to upgrade the BCD and make it actually relevant to the sound. Though I must say that to my ears the PZT is absolutely active on the Hook-X.
Having spent some time with a 'proper' BCD implementation in the Legend Evo, I have a lot more respect for what Raptgo delivered with the Hook X. Tbh, I find FIR's approach with the ear side firing dynamic to be far better than both, and that's just leveraging additional coupling from their dynamic... I am excited to see what Raptgo achieve here for such a low price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back